Official Before you post here READ THIS!!

Victor Thomas

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 16, 2017
YouTube
Heard of a thing called Google mate?
Owns YouTube ;)
LOL Of course good I'm adwords but for some reason they suspended my account and whenever I call(Yesterday was the most recent) they tell me they can't help bcuz it's suspended... Smh I'm calling you figure it out or fix whatever it is smh

Redd Sunn72

Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2017
YouTube
redd_sunn
SERIOUS NOTE below in spoiler
This section may be closing soon due to the rampant lack of rule following combined with the lack of people following the best practices we will be looking for better ways to serve this purpose going forward. We're not yet sure what we're going to replace this section with but it will be something that will give incentive to people so that they help their videos be seen by providing more data about what the video is.

Hi There,

Before you post a NEW thread in the creations section there are some things you'll need to know:

• To post here you must be a FULL member of the forums. This means you'll have to gain a certain number of posts and other interactions. This ensures that only those who actually interact with the community will be rewarded by being able to share their creations here. The idea is to keep out people who just want to spam their videos then leave.
  • Posts with the theme of "Reviews here" or "Let me review your channel" are not allowed in this section because anyone can hop post to post giving helpful advice if they wish. There's no need to clutter this area with additional post that accomplish the same goal while devaluing posts that are following the proper flow and design of this section.
So there are the two big ones. What follows is a best practices guide that will help you get the most bang for your time here as well as actually get your content seen by human type people!!

• Don't post your videos here as a way to "dump" them. For Petes sake you know better than that! This is a community, a place to start and maintain discussions, not a place for you to try to get cheap and easy views... ya noobcake!!
  • One of the reasons posting videos to forums work is by relating videos to current events, topics, etc. as much as I'd love to watch part 227 of your ongoing Minecraft let'splay realistically that title sucks for making me want to watch your content or interact with you as a fellow creator. When marketing videos to other creators try keeping your target audience in mind with your post title. something like "I can't get thoumcraft to do any darn thing!!" will generate much more interest and start more conversations. This also puts you into a good position to possibly meet other collaborators.
  • Another reason posting videos to forums works is because of SEO. Now I won't get too deep into this because it seems like I go off on rants about this topic like every week publicly... so to keep it short and sweet i'll list some things you can do to help yourself:
    • Describe your flippin' video in the post. How on this green earth am I supposed to find your video 2 years from now if you just dump a link here on the board with no (or not enough) text for google, yahoo, or Bing (haha, who uses Bing?) to find?! My suggestion is 3-5 sentences as it relates again to creators... remember in this section we're all familiar with the woes of being a creator so don't be scared to drop something like this on us:
      • OMG mid recording my mom/wife walks in asking if I had dirty laundry to give her... I didn't realize i left it in until it was posted!! But hey, now people keep asking if my mom/wife will do their laundry so I have a running joke!!"
      • I recorded this same bit 4 times, seriously I hate Elgato right now because of their buggy ass software, The finished product turned out alright but I think you can hear the audio change due to fans/air conditioning that weren't on during the first run through
      • I asked my fans to send in fan art and i'd show it off in 2 weeks, i've only gotten 2 pieces in and I record the show off video in 3 days. Is there anyone out there who can save my bacon since I put my foot in my mouth by attaching a date to the first video? I really only need one or 2 more pieces to show off and it doesn't even have to be polished. I'll be linking contributors in the description and shouting them out. HELP!!
    • TAGS!! If you see this box USE IT!! Tags are a powerful and misunderstood beast. these are words... or more importantly phrases that help search engines make your content (here and on YouTube) more easily discovered by people. Imagine this. let's take the example from above talking about elgato. if someone googles "elgato crashes when i stop recording" and your video is attached to a thread where people are discussing fixes and work arounds that gives you possible views, lots of name recognition, and possibly more cool people to interact with. and you get all that and more by filling out the tags and a couple sentences about your video/struggles, etc.
Now, if it's not apparent by now i'm not your regular mod/admin/staff I'm someone who's been making a living for years off of YouTube and social media, you can take my advice on the best practices section or you can assume that my 10 years of doing this has all been a waste and I obviously know nothing about how to get your content seen by people in communities, and in search. That's your call but I would like to ask the general community for a favor. Don't be scared to link this post to people who are obviously just dumping their links. Feel free to let them know that they should RTFM (playfully of course) because if we all make this change together it means that this whole section will be much more heavily visited which is good for all of us!!

bump, understood

Reactions: Anthony Smith

ScouseMouse

Rising User
Jul 6, 2017
YouTube
ScouseMouse180
It doesn't seem to say anywhere (unless I'm being blind) what the certain number of posts and/or interactions is that you need before you can post in this section of the forum, does anyone know?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
It doesn't seem to say anywhere (unless I'm being blind) what the certain number of posts and/or interactions is that you need before you can post in this section of the forum, does anyone know?
As mentioned at the front of this thread in order to post in the 'Promote yourself' section you need to be a full member of the forums - this is then outlined in our FAQ guide regarding full / partnered members of the forum. To summarise you need to have 30 messages to become a full member of the forum or have the Freedom Partner badge (which you get for being partnered with Freedom). Hope that helps

Reactions: ScouseMouse