Network Freedom!'s Stance on Fan Funding!

Do you want Fan Funding under Freedom!?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norpham Games

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2015
Arkansas
NorphamGames
I can see it being a huge boon for larger channel, and some of the smaller channels. But for people like me that are just starting out, it won't do much but I'm all for it.

PixelPolish

Magic Pill Muncher
Freedom! Member
I think it'd be awesome, but only for the bigger YouTubers. I can't see it being at all beneficial to anyone with less than, say, 2,500 subscribers.
I politely disagree. Small channels that provide quality content usually have pretty engaged community. I'm going to use my example: I have held a fundraiser for the New 3DS Capture Kit and gathered almost $500, despite having only <900 subs. Small communities can be really awesome :)

Synthhh

Gamer, Programmer, YouTuber
Freedom! Member
I politely disagree. Small channels that provide quality content usually have pretty engaged community. I'm going to use my example: I have held a fundraiser for the New 3DS Capture Kit and gathered almost $500, despite having only <900 subs. Small communities can be really awesome :)
There's always going to be an exception.

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
OK Freedom! Shouldn't you make some effort to speed this up a little? You're one of the major forces on YouTube now - I'm sure there is *something* you can do. 3 months and not a peep (facepalm)

While we are one of the largest forces, YouTube doesn't make special exceptions. It is on the YouTube end to open it up to more countries, but we understand why they are hesitant. We wait patiently for them to expand this project, but they can't give Freedom! Special treatment, they open it up for us, the have to open it up for all. Which, YouTube would be unwilling to do. I want to see fanfunding for all of our channels, but until that time. We must wait, wait for YouTube! :) Then we all will get our buttons, and can grow more :)!

Reactions: momsvlog80

peter leitch

New User
Freedom! Member
Jul 7, 2015
scotland
YouTube
i haven't read all 5 pages on this. youtube fan funding isn't available in the UK yet either. however i do have a streamtip donation page. i have 54 subs and got a £5 donation from a guy who was happy to help me build for the future.

OV1

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 13, 2015
It would be nice to have but I believe Patreon is dominating right now.

Resome2

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 29, 2015
United Kingdom
www.resome2.eu
YouTube
ok, I'll be honest, I didn't read through the whole thread, nor did I check the forum. It's late, and I'm tired but if I don't do it now I'll forget so I'm sorry.

Anyways, having just headed over to youtube in the past hour the live streaming layout had changed, along with a noteable one (this may have happened ages ago). You can now add fundraising cards, and there appears to be a healthy selection to choose from. I didn't see anything to suggest it wasn't available in the UK neither

Status
Not open for further replies.