Gaming Introducing SirBootling!

SirBootling

Rising User
Oct 9, 2015
Dorset
YouTube
Hello and thank you for accepting me into Freedom guys!

First off my name is Michael Sheppard and I am a small gaming account at the moment (6 - 7 months old) But rapidly growing.

My genres of choice are preferably rpg / action games, but will not hesitate to try any other games.

Here is my youtube and I hope you all enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/sirbootling

P.S I did have an account, but something odd happened and had to sign up via google plus, any chance I can connect the two accounts?

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
Hey Michael, welcome back to Freedom! It's always good to be flexible, especially when it comes to video games. It's one of those few things out there where every genre has its rewards :D Sure wish I had that "try everything!" mentality, but I fall a little short when it comes to fighting games. I can never win a match to save my life xP

Btw I also ran into a problem regarding my email in Freedom when I joined. For some reason there are two different accounts for my one email when I log into Youtube, but they both show up in my dashboard so I guess you can link both to your Freedom dashboard. I'd contact Freedom support to make sure though. They're very friendly and very accommodating and I've never had to wait more than a day to get a reply back even for my really technical questions :)

Anyways hope it works out man, and good luck with the channel! For going full throttle with the videos just a few months ago you've made some good progress :] Have an awesome day! - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg

Reactions: SirBootling

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Hi @SirBootling,

Welcome to the Freedom! Community!

I like RPG and action games too! Do you have any favourites in particular? Recently I've been really into Star Wars Battlefront and I really enjoyed RuneScape during my childhood. :)

P.S I did have an account, but something odd happened and had to sign up via google plus, any chance I can connect the two accounts?
Unfortunately forum accounts cannot be merged as of right now. We do not know if Xenforo plans on adding this feature in the future.

Please consider telling us a bit more about yourself, I'm sure the community would like to get to know you better! If you need some ideas to start with, consider checking out the introduction template!

Click here to view the introduction template!

I look forward to seeing you around!

SirBootling

Rising User
Oct 9, 2015
Dorset
YouTube
Hey Michael, welcome back to Freedom! It's always good to be flexible, especially when it comes to video games. It's one of those few things out there where every genre has its rewards :D Sure wish I had that "try everything!" mentality, but I fall a little short when it comes to fighting games. I can never win a match to save my life xP

Btw I also ran into a problem regarding my email in Freedom when I joined. For some reason there are two different accounts for my one email when I log into Youtube, but they both show up in my dashboard so I guess you can link both to your Freedom dashboard. I'd contact Freedom support to make sure though. They're very friendly and very accommodating and I've never had to wait more than a day to get a reply back even for my really technical questions :)

Anyways hope it works out man, and good luck with the channel! For going full throttle with the videos just a few months ago you've made some good progress :] Have an awesome day! - Brandon

View attachment 11671

View attachment 11671
never too late mate lol and that's the fun side of fighting games is when you finally get that win! That sweet sweet feeling

I only started pushing out gaming vids i think 2 odd mo the ago cause of computer problems lol bit glad to get started and really glad to be with freedom!

hope it all goes well for you mate and thank you for the comment that will keep me going[DOUBLEPOST=1444493830][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi @SirBootling,

I like RPG and action games too! Do you have any favourites in particular? Recently I've been really into Star Wars Battlefront and I really enjoyed RuneScape during my childhood. :)

Unfortunately forum accounts cannot be merged as of right now. We do not know if Xenforo plans on adding this feature in the future.

Please consider telling us a bit more about yourself, I'm sure the community would like to get to know you better! If you need some ideas to start with, consider checking out the introduction template!

Hi @SirBootling,

amy fave game? So far it is a clash between attack on titan or mad max, I want to give battlefront a try but sadly got 3 storyline based games to finish off XD and a flash game called rumble in the soup ... Got well addicted to that lol

I'm glad to hear that news for a moment there I thought something happened to my account lol

hmmm abit more about myself ... Well lets see

my passion for gaming has been around since ibwas a kid when my big brother got the legend of Zelda for the Nintendo 64 and when I had Pokemon yellow for the gb colour ... Still havnt completed it lol

I started a youtube account 7odd years ago, but it was only a personal account, a while later I use to produce music as T00n skull and then to daliedm, after a while I quitted it due to a lack of interest

after watching cherrrycharley gaming and been signed up I though id give it a try, and I remember my old sirbootling that I made in a previous game years ago and Boom, sirbootling was born ... Again lol

after picking out a few games and pushing out a few vids to prepare myself to get singed later I got signed in and now here I am

Last edited:

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
never too late mate lol and that's the fun side of fighting games is when you finally get that win! That sweet sweet feeling

I only started pushing out gaming vids i think 2 odd mo the ago cause of computer problems lol bit glad to get started and really glad to be with freedom!

hope it all goes well for you mate and thank you for the comment that will keep me going[DOUBLEPOST=1444493830][/DOUBLEPOST]

amy fave game? So far it is a clash between attack on titan or mad max, I want to give battlefront a try but sadly got 3 storyline based games to finish off XD and a flash game called rumble in the soup ... Got well addicted to that lol

I'm glad to hear that news for a moment there I thought something happened to my account lol

hmmm abit more about myself ... Well lets see

my passion for gaming has been around since ibwas a kid when my big brother got the legend of Zelda for the Nintendo 64 and when I had Pokemon yellow for the gb colour ... Still havnt completed it lol

I started a youtube account 7odd years ago, but it was only a personal account, a while later I use to produce music as T00n skull and then to daliedm, after a while I quitted it due to a lack of interest

after watching cherrrycharley gaming and been signed up I though id give it a try, and I remember my old sirbootling that I made in a previous game years ago and Boom, sirbootling was born ... Again lol

after picking out a few games and pushing out a few vids to prepare myself to get singed later I got signed in and now here I am
Nice! I have a few story games to finish off as well haha; Batman Arkham City, Arkham Origins, and Arkham Knight. I also started my first channel seven years ago! YouTube sure is a different place now. :)

SirBootling

Rising User
Oct 9, 2015
Dorset
YouTube
Nice! I have a few story games to finish off as well haha; Batman Arkham City, Arkham Origins, and Arkham Knight. I also started my first channel seven years ago! YouTube sure is a different place now. :)

I know that feeling use to be so different from now, on the bright side looks better and remember when it was difficult being a youtube partner? lol

that's cool mate ill check your channel out later :)[DOUBLEPOST=1444581739][/DOUBLEPOST]
What are your favorite RPGs? Mine are Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Tales series.

my favourite RPGs are FF14 and 7, the Elder scrolls series (from Morrowind onwards), Aion ... -pulls out scrolls- the list goes on XD[DOUBLEPOST=1444581803][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welcome to the community ;)

Seens your channel link beneath your signature gives an error, maybe this can help: https://freedom.community.tm/thread...-subscribe-button-below-your-signature.39229/

thanks for the help mate :D I'm sure it's because I didn't use the user link -.- sadly I can't find a way of changing the username since it was my personal account

here it is anyways :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/12345mike22

Reactions: Danny

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I know that feeling use to be so different from now, on the bright side looks better and remember when it was difficult being a youtube partner? lol

that's cool mate ill check your channel out later :)[DOUBLEPOST=1444581739][/DOUBLEPOST]

my favourite RPGs are FF14 and 7, the Elder scrolls series (from Morrowind onwards), Aion ... -pulls out scrolls- the list goes on XD[DOUBLEPOST=1444581803][/DOUBLEPOST]

thanks for the help mate :D I'm sure it's because I didn't use the user link -.- sadly I can't find a way of changing the username since it was my personal account

here it is anyways :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/12345mike22
You have to copy your ID to show the button beneath your Signature mate not your username ;)

Cold Ransom

Rising User
Oct 3, 2015
Georgia, United States
YouTube
@SirBootling Welcome back to Freedom! I can assure you've found a wonderful, friendly, supportive community here! Being fairly new still, myself, I have been welcomed into the community with open arms, have been given phenomenal feedback, and hope to continue growing with Freedom as long as possible!
If there's anything I can do to assist you in anyway please do just let me know and happy gaming! :D

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm

First off my name is Michael Sheppard and I am a small gaming account at the moment (6 - 7 months old) But rapidly growing.

My genres of choice are preferably rpg / action games, but will not hesitate to try any other games.

Welcome to Freedom! @SirBootling I love RPG's and action games also I took the time to fix the error message on your sub button!

Welcome to Freedom! I hope you have a great time here with us! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1444660272,1444660272][/DOUBLEPOST]

Welcome to Freedom! @SirBootling I love RPG's and action games also I took the time to fix the error message on your sub button!

Welcome to Freedom! I hope you have a great time here with us! :)

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Hey Michael welcome back to freedom (they did the same thing to me when I first started YouTube so I know the feels there) First I have to say awesome channel! Great sign in to! Your video quality is great and the lighting is good as well! I have very minor suggestions (i know you probably don't need them as you've been doing this for a while, but I am always gonna try to help the best I can). I would say among anything else is it looks as though your lips are slightly out of sync from your audio. not by a lot, but by a fraction of a second. I recommend (if you don't do this already) is to record your audio separately! To get an exact time countdown then clap into your mic. You'll want to move the claps peak audio to the exact time you clap your hands together on camera (don't worry all that gets edited out, so it never gets seen on camera! The only other suggestion I have is to work on some varying thumbnail art! It's just a little difficult to tell them apart other than looking at the character in them. Like I said, really minor tweaks!

Other than that, you have a delightful accent and your commentary is great! I hope to see more and if you ever have any editing questions, please feel free to ask. I went to school for it and I am only here to pass the knowledge I have gained from my institute along (fortunate for everyone that knowledge is free to them lol wasn't so much for me haha)

Thank you very much for sharing

SheepDreams

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 16, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Sheep_Dreams

Sounds exciting haha! Welcome to freedom! Best of luck :D

Reactions: Cold Ransom

SirBootling

Rising User
Oct 9, 2015
Dorset
YouTube
Hey Michael welcome back to freedom (they did the same thing to me when I first started YouTube so I know the feels there) First I have to say awesome channel! Great sign in to! Your video quality is great and the lighting is good as well! I have very minor suggestions (i know you probably don't need them as you've been doing this for a while, but I am always gonna try to help the best I can). I would say among anything else is it looks as though your lips are slightly out of sync from your audio. not by a lot, but by a fraction of a second. I recommend (if you don't do this already) is to record your audio separately! To get an exact time countdown then clap into your mic. You'll want to move the claps peak audio to the exact time you clap your hands together on camera (don't worry all that gets edited out, so it never gets seen on camera! The only other suggestion I have is to work on some varying thumbnail art! It's just a little difficult to tell them apart other than looking at the character in them. Like I said, really minor tweaks!

Other than that, you have a delightful accent and your commentary is great! I hope to see more and if you ever have any editing questions, please feel free to ask. I went to school for it and I am only here to pass the knowledge I have gained from my institute along (fortunate for everyone that knowledge is free to them lol wasn't so much for me haha)

thank you for the comments :D and as for the mic sync, I recorded the mic audio separately from the cam and game footage since it was abit of a pain :)

and as for the thumbnails I have been thinking about that, and I shall work on that aswell

Also it does feel amazing to be signed up with Freedom! I shall do my best for freedom! for everyone that works in freedom! and for gaming in general XD[DOUBLEPOST=1444675513][/DOUBLEPOST]

Welcome to Freedom! I hope you have a great time here with us! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1444660272,1444660272][/DOUBLEPOST]

Welcome to Freedom! I hope you have a great time here with us! :)
Thank you so much for fixing it mate :D

and I shall try my best for freedom!

SirBootling

Rising User
Oct 9, 2015
Dorset
YouTube

tried recording the mic audio seperatly but either get a massive decrease in gain the moment I play a game or the recording clips a bit and skips a fraction of a second rendering the whole recording useless, making plans on getting a laptop or something else to record the camera and mic separately whilst the computer can deal with the gameplay recordings :D

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Hmmm are you talking about your recorded video not matching the game recording? I forgot to mention you should probably sync the game as well with the video. What I do on top of the 3 2 1 clap I als will do right afterward 3 2 1 then press something like the start menu or jump button. This will help you in post sync your video with your audio and gameplay. Maybe you don't need a new recording devise, but if you're experiencing skipping and lagging. I would recommend possibly just upgrading your ram! :D It's a lot cheaper than a new computer