YouTube Regarding YouTube's Subscription Service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
Wait they are charging people to not see ads now? I thought adblock was free
well, good news. they dont have to pay.
this part is in youtube blog:
4. Let’s talk about free trials. Creators are the lifeblood of YouTube. So with Google Play Music subscribers instantly joining YouTube Red, we will pay a portion of the revenue we receive from these subscribers to our creators on day 1. Even with 30 day free trials, our creator community will make as much or more as they would have without YouTube Red.

5. Participating in YouTube Red doesn’t cost creators a thing. Whether or not you personally decide to pay for a YouTube Red membership, your videos can still be a part of YouTube Red and you’ll still be able to earn new revenue from your viewers’ membership fees.

JackReaper

Rising User
Jan 13, 2015
YouTube
Alright maybe it's just me but I'm a little confused. This whole YouTube red thing all seems a little odd. The revenue currently is by ads on video. If they remove the ad then it's on a subscription basis. What happens to people watching the videos that don't pay for the subscription?

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
Alright maybe it's just me but I'm a little confused. This whole YouTube red thing all seems a little odd. The revenue currently is by ads on video. If they remove the ad then it's on a subscription basis. What happens to people watching the videos that don't pay for the subscription?
they still make money from people who see ads or pay for no ads. as for adblock hurt youtuber.

Dj Tayke

New User
Nov 1, 2015
Hello, Freedom! Family

A lot of people have seen information on YouTube's Paid Subscription service and have a lot of questions! I am going to answer these for you! :)

FIRST, Going to squash a few things I have seen, You will be able to still monetize your videos IN THE US if you opt in, you just won't be able to make the extra money that you would if the paid subscription was allowed in your country or networks country. It's basically like fan funding if you don't have it you won't be harmed, but if you do it can REALLY help your channel. I just got out of a call with the COO of Freedom!

It's 5:51 when I am posting this. Freedom! is aware and are in talks of getting Fan Funding for Freedom! partners, there is no ETA because that is a YouTube call and ultimately it's when they wish to allow us that.

On the subject of OPTING in to monetize, this is something that George talked about in May, and is still being worked on. Freedom! is one of the Largest MCN's on YouTube and we are working with them daily to make sure Freedom! Partners get all the benefits of partnering with YouTube.

The reason it shows your account is not eligible for this feature when you try to click on the monetization options link, is because you are with an MCN, and monetization is controlled by Freedom! as agreed to the contract we all signed. THIS IS THE SAME FOR ANY CHANNEL WITH AN MCN!

We have accepted the new rules for YouTube and are just waiting on a confirmation from them to make sure we are good to go.

It will most likely role out to our partners and ALL OF YOUTUBE in the following weeks! IT WAS RELEASED FIRST TO THEIR DIRECT PARTNERS (ADSENSE) AND MCNS (SUCH AS FREEDOM!) However, the new TOS have not been pushed out officially by YouTube yet, so that is probably why we are seeing nothing when we head to the dashboard tab on YOUTUBE!

ALSO, if you don't pay for subscriptions of 10 dollars a month YouTube will still have ads and be as it is now, the only difference of getting the service is a music service by YouTube, and no ads on all videos. Similar to twitch's sub service, but for all of YouTube!

NOTE: Since this is all still new it could change at any time, I will update this thread when more information roles out!

I hope that clears some of the confusion! Thank you and have a great day!

- Community Interaction Division

Thanks

icdeee

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2015
London, UK
YouTube
A bit confused about the YouTube Red thing.. I have noticed revenue dripping in since end of October, however I thought as per Kan's first post it has not been confirmed yet that Freedom! is participating? So will we be receiving those earnings or not? Thanks!

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
A bit confused about the YouTube Red thing.. I have noticed revenue dripping in since end of October, however I thought as per Kan's first post it has not been confirmed yet that Freedom! is participating? So will we be receiving those earnings or not? Thanks!
it been super low for me too. it only like 1/10 of what i make from ads.

HippoZoned

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2014
Philly
YouTube
So I just got the opt in prompt, I wanna know before I do it, as a gaming content creator will I still be able to monetize my gaming videos? and how does this benefit anyone, especially gaming content creators?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
So I just got the opt in prompt, I wanna know before I do it, as a gaming content creator will I still be able to monetize my gaming videos? and how does this benefit anyone, especially gaming content creators?

These FAQ articles should answer your questions, if you still have questions let us know.

http://freedom.support.tm/support/solutions/articles/5000688756-what-is-the-youtube-partner-program-

http://freedom.support.tm/support/s...763-youtube-partner-program-questions-answers

Reactions: HippoZoned

MrSomosMonos

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2015
colombia
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Geoooorrrge! Where are you Geooorgee!...
We need you... or Morgan Freeman...
Someone who can explain this conveluted mess... rofl...

hahaha my friend you are right, george disapeared and I really miss him. I help you shout....georgeeee!!! where are youu?!!![DOUBLEPOST=1449284581][/DOUBLEPOST]my friends, I am from colombia and want to add something. well, what I can say is that it is good. I read all the information about this and I found that it is a good deal. bacically it says that if you use music which have copiright you will be able to get some money, in other words, you will share the revenue with the owner of the song or music. on the other hand there is not problem because we are still partners of freedom and anything changes, besides we will have some benefits because when youtube makes deals or benefits we will be notified first and we, as partners of freedom, will be enjoy those changes first. in my opinion it is a good deal and I did it. as you know when we use some material with copiright, the owner takes all the revenue, so with this deal, those channels that use content (music) can share the revenue, that means that the owner gains money and the channel also gains money.[DOUBLEPOST=1449284650][/DOUBLEPOST]well, what I can say is that it is good. I read all the information about this and I found that it is a good deal. bacically it says that if you use music which have copiright you will be able to get some money, in other words, you will share the revenue with the owner of the song or music. on the other hand there is not problem because we are still partners of freedom and anything changes, besides we will have some benefits because when youtube makes deals or benefits we will be notified first and we, as partners of freedom, will be enjoy those changes first. in my opinion it is a good deal and I did it. as you know when we use some material with copiright, the owner takes all the revenue, so with this deal, those channels that use content (music) can share the revenue, that means that the owner gains money and the channel also gains money.

Status
Not open for further replies.