Status
Not open for further replies.

graphics guy

Rising User
Mar 28, 2016
All in all it's still only a matter of trust, though when it comes to money in a place that can be accessed by anyone (a public shop) there will 100% be some people that rip someone off...
how bout this we write up a contract for you to digitaly sign stating that you have a certain amount of time to return the product for money back with reasoning for refund and after the time you get what you paid for

graphics guy

Rising User
Mar 28, 2016
i offer returns, cause i feel like the image i made for you representsa you so you need one you want not one you need if that makes sense

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Problem with freedom handling transactions is that there would be all these legal things and contracts required... So its not something forums team would take on, it would have to become a large project.

I think a well implemented reputation system would work the best, allowing artist to charge a % upfront to ensure that the buyer is legitimate (that would make sense if you know that seller is trusted too then) Well at least that is my take on this situation.

graphics guy

Rising User
Mar 28, 2016
Problem with freedom handling transactions is that there would be all these legal things and contracts required... So its not something forums team would take on, it would have to become a large project.

I think a well implemented reputation system would work the best, allowing artist to charge a % upfront to ensure that the buyer is legitimate (that would make sense if you know that seller is trusted too then) Well at least that is my take on this situation.
i agree with that i mean i usually work for free but the projects i work for money i would like somerthing like that

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001

That sounds like the solution to everything... but we'd need a report button nevertheless :)

SinghStyleGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 13, 2015
YouTube
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!
This is definately a great idea for creators and buyers too it will be really helpful and yeah i can make gfx too! :)

Jglake

New User
Apr 20, 2016
YouTube
No, I think it would cause even MORE GFX and VFX artist David toward profiting instead of helping others because I tried to request a free logo and I only got 1 response on it in about a time span of 2 weeks.

Acrenzo

Freedom! Member
I like the idea of a store.But I think designers should be able to sell their designs and earn money from it (like sellfy) and not just have the possibility of earning money if a user asks the designer to edit the template.

But I don't think every user should be able to open a store.Cause I see some users here post free service or something,giving out templates which to be honest aren't good(not store worthy).
And yeah the transactions etc should be between the 2 parties,freedom should not be responsible for if the designer does not send the requested item to the client or the client does not make payment.Its their responsibility to make sure everything goes right not of Freedom's.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I like the idea of a store.But I think designers should be able to sell their designs and earn money from it (like sellfy) and not just have the possibility of earning money if a user asks the designer to edit the template.

But I don't think every user should be able to open a store.Cause I see some users here post free service or something,giving out templates which to be honest aren't good(not store worthy).
I do agree with that, though I personally think that everyone should be allowed to join in on the store, but only people with high reputation would be allowed to charge money. As well as sorted listings by reputation would help, moving all of the lower quality works down and keeping things organized.

bynop89

Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
California, USA
YouTube
I do art for free already, so I feel like this would be a great way to get in touch with more people that need it, rather than just posting threads constantly and it would most likely help with communicating too, as that is what I struggle with at some times. Great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.