SheepDreams

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 16, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Sheep_Dreams
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!
Well recently i started a team of artists gfx, vfx and even music. All for the soul purpose of helping. I can use this to help the community in a new way. Problems you ask. Maybe someone runs off with your template and claims is there. I don't know how we possibly could stop that from happening. This overall seems like a pretty good idea. ^-^

Reactions: jazwot

Cyllence

New User
Oct 20, 2014
YouTube
CyllenceGamrs
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!

i think this is a really good idea it will give a chance to some creative people that like to design to collab with freedom partnered youtubers to see what vision they on with thumbnails and may be able to even teach a little bit

Original Gamesters

Freedom! Member
Aug 13, 2016
Canada
www.ogtv.ca
YouTube
Ogtv1up
It would be awesome if there were a central resource depository, especially if it included content from Position Music, Epidemic, everything. Important to have good search function though. Maybe it's because I'm a noob at Creation but some of the sites I looked at for music, VFX, and more make it really hard to tell what rights and responsibilities I have in using content or won't let me search just for CC0 and other quirks that make free material REALLY limited or jard to find or sort for.

Status
Not open for further replies.