Official Freedom! Parting Ways With TubeBuddy

VASIL7112

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2016
vasil7112.com
YouTube
Tubebuddy was (and still is) a great tool for everyone to use. It's very sad that it is going away since it has features that almost no other app can provide.
I especially loved the Unlimited Tag suggestion system that they had for the premium users instead of the max 5 (or 10) tags for normal users.

It is really a shame that such a tool is left behind, when indeed it could help a lot of people grow faster. I've been here for some time in freedom, and i never saw someone advertising about tubebuddy, so that's probably the reason not a lot of users knew about it.

The idea of tubebuddy was one of a kind, and Heartbeat is not a great replacement for it. If it wants to become one, it will need to step up its game significantly.

Anyways, that's just my idea of Tubebuddy. It was really nice having it, since it helped me step up my game quite a lot.

Thank you Tubebuddy for your awesome tool.
I'd love if you, freedom!, reconsidered this decision. With some better promotion (by freedom!, such as a dedicated video to show tips & tricks, and the most important and unique things it can provide) it could actually be used by more people than you expect.

Kind regards,
vasil7112

FallenShogun

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2014
YouTube
Considering the tips freedom gives can be found most other places all I was using was tubebuddy, and for the extra features. Maybe if you had promoted it a lot more on the main channel rather than that spam tm thing or the community support team there would have been more interest. Feels like you intentionally destroyed it so you could promote heartbeat instead

Reactions: BabyHead Gaming

Frost_Scope

Freedom! Partner, FrostNation Commander
Freedom! Member
Jun 15, 2014
FrostNation
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Freedom is making a huge mistake. I think they're just doing this so more Freedom partners will use heartbeat. I'm going to be honest, heart beat is bad.Like It's really bad. Tube Buddy was way better in every way. I really took advantage of their tag explorer. It helped me grow,I guess I'll have to pay for upgraded version or something. This really sucks. I hope Freedom comes to it's senses and reactivated the premium version of TubeBuddy.

FallenShogun

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2014
YouTube
Freedom is making a huge mistake. I think they're just doing this so more Freedom partners will use heartbeat. I'm going to be honest, heart beat is bad.Like It's really bad. Tube Buddy was way better in every way. I really took advantage of their tag explorer. It helped me grow,I guess I'll have to pay for upgraded version or something. This really sucks. I hope Freedom comes to it's senses and reactivated the premium version of TubeBuddy.

I doubt they will. Considering it has taken over a year to even make the forums functional I don't think they will listen in this respect. The star version they were running at looks about 20 dollars a month to run so I know that will hit me hard to replace with my small channel

Auxrilla

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 17, 2015
YouTube
Would be nice if any staff will back us up with this. TB is an amazing tool that is 10 times better then heartbeat. Heartbeat should be discontinued and focus more on promoting TB. I really hope freedom will listen

Reactions: Acrenzo

Will It Crush?

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 22, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
To be honest TubeBuddy is the most AMAZING tool, it is something Freedom! should be promoting, Heartbeat is 90% broken.

Almost EVERYONE I talked to about it didn't even KNOW about it being a free option, this is Freedom!'s fault for NOT promoting as they should. If you did, people would JUMP on this.
Heartbeat is not usable at the moment.

Fix this guys, promote it more and get TubeBuddy back, or you will see people going elsewhere.

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
That surprises me as I use Tubebuddy a lot myself. I know Freedom also supports Heartbeat, but ever since downloading it I've had nothing but problems and I hear many others do to, so I'm honestly surprised Tubebuddy didn't meet your needs, when it was an actual working app for me unlike heart beat.

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
As Per all the other posts. I was gutted when the email from TubeBuddy came through (first I knew about this).
TB is a fantastic tool for the creator on the YT side, Whereas Heartbeat didn't even come close, neither did VidIQ (not via Freedom, but the same kinda thing.)
TB seemed to be the only one that really focused more on the YT Studio side of things, whereas with the others they seemed more focused on analysing other peoples channels, or videos, which granted is nice, but to be honest i am more bothered about my own channel and the tools it gave me to easy my work flow.
A bad decision by Freedom! One that makes me recommend the network a little less than I would otherwise have done.

I feel you. Though I won't degrade Freedom over this one thing, because they have given me other tools to use, but tubebuddy is the one that kind of kicked me in the craw. It's a really handy tool. Heartbeat hasn't worked for my since day 1 and I ain't going back to it. lol

Aug 5, 2015
Greetings Freedom! family,

On the 23rd May 2016, Freedom! will no longer renew our partnership with TubeBuddy and so all Freedom! partners who are currently utilizing the tools will be downgraded to a Free user. You are of course free to continue to use TubeBuddy.

The main reason for this decision was due to the fact that user adoption was far below projections despite Freedom! promoting the tool to it's partners.

We wish all the best to the TubeBuddy team and look forward to seeing what they bring to the table in the future. We will of course continue to monitor TubeBuddy and the demand for it.

We are always happy to hear about any features that you would like to see implemented to Heartbeat as we are always willing to develop the tool further.

We thank you for your understanding.

The Freedom! Forum Team.
I loved tubebuddy. The free version is ok but not great

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
You know considering the fact that Freedom makes about a $1million a month on us I have a problem seeing why its a problem for them to renew their Tubebuddy contract. That was one of the very good perks of being a Freedom member! Think about it George.

Reactions: MrSpecies7