Status
Not open for further replies.

Svg Plays

New User
May 25, 2016
I'd like to thank the following users for their input.

We have committed to trying this out. We have purchased a piece of software that promises to do everything we need however there will be delays. In an attempt to be transparent about this i'll discuss the issues here.

• We have to learn how the darn thing works
    • We have to create guides for all of you, set up rules, etc.
    • We have to learn it's limitations
  • We have to research if this will REALLY fit our needs... or if it's going to cause more issues than it solves
    • Maybe the platform will cause more moderator involvement which is bad
    • Maybe it does not work as expected which will lead to bad stuff like us abandoning the idea
  • Does it work with all of our other plugins?
  • Can we take all of your feedback into account to provide a safer and better way of meeting common needs and wants?
So even though we've committed to the software purchase I need to be very VERY up front that it may still take some time, and it still mat not happen at all.

Please now feel free to go back to writing fan fiction about George touching my shoulder.
could i be a gfx maker because i would love to help out other growing youtubers to get recognized more :)

SNONZ

New User
Apr 28, 2016
Hey George, Im part of the Freedom! Family and if you give me a chance to show you how dedicated and reliable I am I would be so greatful. I love making graphic designs I even been selling them to fellow classmates lately. I take pride in making art and I also love making it. I consider sitting down and making a banner, logo, thumbnail to be super fun and interesting. On me and my friends channel I do all the editing and designing, in other words im learning as I go, and I think I have created marvelous pieces these last few months. I also have chnaged to a 3D style more modern a GFX art making technique. George, I thank you so much for this amaing opportunity to show the world what I can really do. I have made a tremendous leap from horrible art to amazing art in the last month or so. If you chose me I would be extremely committed and dedicated. Here are some examples of some of my work! SNONZ Profile Pic V2 Outline.jpg Cry Thumb.jpg Channel Art SNONZ.jpg tHUMBNAIL.jpg Square Logo Gaming.jpg There's PLENTY more where that came from! Thanks for your time.

AngelPandaz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 27, 2015
YouTube
DarkAngelPandaz
I wanna be apart of the gfx team!!!
I would love to be able to make simple banners , thumbnails and logos (like on my channel)for fellow freedom family partners! :D
I also make simple cute outros and I can start making them again if people want any :p
I do it all for free!!!
And George said on the video that if anyone has tutorials then to link them so if tutorials are needed I will make them if people request :D

Last edited:

Andre Kaiser

New User
May 5, 2016
Hey everyone im a desinger i make 3D Intros For Free Come to my channel and see the intros you can get Subscribe my channel and you miss nothing and write me a direct message for an Intro And i will answer in the next 24 hours

Mark Donnelly

New User
May 26, 2016
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!

Mark Donnelly

New User
May 26, 2016
Hey I am a youtuber and Graphics Designer currently making banner and thumbnails for other channels I love the idea of the GFX team and would Love to join.

May 15, 2016
I agree that this would be a useful idea, seeing how requests/offers section has become hard to navigate, in a sense that majority of people offer services without any examples.

I think this store should allow keeping a users gallery/portfolio instead of just putting listings of templates like you said. Allowing trusted members to charge money should be allowed by default too, or at least when it is possible to judge who is trusted enough (just like you said it should be kept between partners and freedom wouldn't take responsibility for transactions) because if that is not an option then it would not be appealing to higher quality artists who do need to charge for the time spent.

I am also assuming this would have some kind of reputation system, it only makes sense to have it and possibly feature highly rated artists.

If all of this is done then I believe it would be appealing for both the artist and person looking to get art. Though I personally would not use it until it is allowed to charge money for work.

May 15, 2016
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!

Hello freedom family. I would love to be part of the graphics team. I really want to help and give to the freedom family. I am really good at things like thumbnails or outros:) I am looking forward to helping and can't wait!

Mikkel Bendix

New User
Mar 3, 2015
YouTube
Hey, I would really want to be a part of this team! At: Http://croaty.net I have a portfolio to see what I can make :)

I hope I can get signed up for this :D

Contact me on Twitter: CroatyOfficial
Or on Skype: CroatyOffcial

Attachments

• 6318923_orig.png
    6318923_orig.png
    670.8 KB · Views: 1

ZGgamer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 7, 2015
YouTube
ZGgamer1
This is a very good idea and agree with it 100%. Doing something you love while helping others is a wonderful feeling to have :)

Status
Not open for further replies.