Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzmer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 18, 2015
The Netherlands
YouTube
I like the idea... I would really like someone to make art for my thumbnails and stuff, I would even pay... but its too difficult for me to figure out who can make what I would want. Id LOVE to see a galleries of peoples work... It would really help with finding the right kind of artist that is good at making eye catching thumbnails with photoshop.

i know its a bit late but if you're still interested about those thumbnails check out my ytube channel ( not for vids only for dem thumbnails :D )

Reactions: Hail Kira
Jul 22, 2015
YouTube
I think this is a great idea! And id be willing to make some banenrs and channel art for people! but i cant do much because i wouldnt want to be overwhelmed and i have a channel of my own to mannage. All that id reqier in return is a shout out.

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!
How it all began^^
Hello everyone, I'd like to invite the following members to the Beta test of our little project here The name has not been publicly given out yet but you'll find that you've been added to a special "beta" group which has access to this project!!

@Hail Kira @RedWolf @CarbonMeister @ApexFrisk @SlenderSlay @Mr Price @PGO Maddog (Thomas) @AngelPandaz @graphics guy @LW001 @VelronTech @SinghStyleGaming @Acrenzo @Anthony Green @AggronSteel @bynop89 @Tonbull Army @ProAidenHD @Allegro1225 @Caleb Calvert @Zzeddd @BabyHead Gaming @Rudi Dueck @MrDJSilva @Brendan Cheer @Scary Stevo @Ermin Djutovic @HeavenDreamzy @RowboHD @greatx @DARK LIGHT12 @Christian Castaneda @KIMoFy @nrmlyfx @MCgamingPro @Robin “Williams” Muscato @Dman431 Gaming @DvApps @Gravitroninc @Jackelele @Mythical Geek @HyperionCreative @RICAN LG @Egg @Texorie @FahimPlayz @FrostPlayzHD @DoorMatBro @acrotech @harryplayz @Syed Shaishad @Mikkel Bendix @John Villalta @Itz PixeL @CaptainAdric @IkHeetBastiaan @Prototype Ninja1 @Greecke @Niidikene @Svg Plays @Glyscored @Gaming With Michael @SNONZ @Showcase One Media @Andre Kaiser @Mark Donnelly @themodof1 @EmeraldDragonGamer @Template MAker @ZGgamer @itsMega @Uriel Kinda @TwilightPrinze @Uzmer @XBuilderBoyX Gaming

Wow!! That's a lot of people!! So we have some basic rules (which are subject to change) and examples set up the test group will all be able to create assets however obviously some of you have been added to get more of the partners perspective. We ask that you not share too much about the setup we have with people who aren't in the test. you'll notice you have access to a special forums section for beta testers please use that to speak about bugs, issues, suggestions etc.

We're in grave need of people to give good examples of audio assets and services or assets that are not gfx/vfx if you know someone hit us(me) up!!

Reactions: CarbonMeister

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Great to see this finally in motion, good luck everyone! :D
Haha It's been in motion all along we just had to get approval to get the software, set it up, set some rules/expectations, work on customizing/learning it, working out how moderators will help keep it clean etc. it's been a HUGE undertaking and I'm just glad we get to have these 75 people test and see all our hard work!!

U

User.123120

Haha It's been in motion all along we just had to get approval to get the software, set it up, set some rules/expectations, work on customizing/learning it, working out how moderators will help keep it clean etc. it's been a HUGE undertaking and I'm just glad we get to have these 75 people test and see all our hard work!!

Wow, it's amazing to think what goes on behind closed doors! Freedom are always surprising us! :D

CarbonMeister

Call Of Duty YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
How it all began^^
Hello everyone, I'd like to invite the following members to the Beta test of our little project here The name has not been publicly given out yet but you'll find that you've been added to a special "beta" group which has access to this project!!

@Hail Kira @RedWolf @CarbonMeister @ApexFrisk @SlenderSlay @Mr Price @PGO Maddog (Thomas) @AngelPandaz @graphics guy @LW001 @VelronTech @SinghStyleGaming @Acrenzo @Anthony Green @AggronSteel @bynop89 @Tonbull Army @ProAidenHD @Allegro1225 @Caleb Calvert @Zzeddd @BabyHead Gaming @Rudi Dueck @MrDJSilva @Brendan Cheer @Scary Stevo @Ermin Djutovic @HeavenDreamzy @RowboHD @greatx @DARK LIGHT12 @Christian Castaneda @KIMoFy @nrmlyfx @MCgamingPro @Robin “Williams” Muscato @Dman431 Gaming @DvApps @Gravitroninc @Jackelele @Mythical Geek @HyperionCreative @RICAN LG @Egg @Texorie @FahimPlayz @FrostPlayzHD @DoorMatBro @acrotech @harryplayz @Syed Shaishad @Mikkel Bendix @John Villalta @Itz PixeL @CaptainAdric @IkHeetBastiaan @Prototype Ninja1 @Greecke @Niidikene @Svg Plays @Glyscored @Gaming With Michael @SNONZ @Showcase One Media @Andre Kaiser @Mark Donnelly @themodof1 @EmeraldDragonGamer @Template MAker @ZGgamer @itsMega @Uriel Kinda @TwilightPrinze @Uzmer @XBuilderBoyX Gaming

Wow!! That's a lot of people!! So we have some basic rules (which are subject to change) and examples set up the test group will all be able to create assets however obviously some of you have been added to get more of the partners perspective. We ask that you not share too much about the setup we have with people who aren't in the test. you'll notice you have access to a special forums section for beta testers please use that to speak about bugs, issues, suggestions etc.

We're in grave need of people to give good examples of audio assets and services or assets that are not gfx/vfx if you know someone hit us(me) up!!
I'M ALL OVER THIS LIKE WHITE ON RICE! <3 Thank you for the invitation :)

Crowzo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 20, 2016
YouTube
I'd honestly love to see something like this, it'd help so many people out, like myself, and as long as there is enough communication it'll work perfectly.

Reactions: Anthony Smith

Crowzo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 20, 2016
YouTube
Thanks a lot Anthony! Me and a friend do graphics and he's much better, and he doesn't do them for profit so now I can see how much I'll be able to help people :D

Status
Not open for further replies.