Request Am I Doing Something Wrong? I Need A Channel Review ASAP.

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
Been doing YouTube for a while now and it doesn't feel like I'm growing fast enough and I really feel I deserve it because how much work and time I put into my videos while some people who just do crappy, no time needed videos have way more view and more subs than I do so may you please give constructive criticism it will be greatly appreciated :)

My channel: www.youtube.com/c/ABarryAB

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If you're not growing as fast as you think you should be, then the proper lies in your SEO as opposed to your direct content type.

However, I notice that you play some hypersaturated titles on your channel. Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Division, they all have their state YouTubers who make videos around them, effectively drowning yours in search.
I also find that the times that you play comparatively unsaturated games, your biggest fail is your SEO.

Specifically, you need to figure out keywords that your viewers would use to find your specific video, and I mean your specific video, not a video like it, that particular video.
Needed to drill that in.

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
If you're not growing as fast as you think you should be, then the proper lies in your SEO as opposed to your direct content type.

However, I notice that you play some hypersaturated titles on your channel. Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Division, they all have their state YouTubers who make videos around them, effectively drowning yours in search.
I also find that the times that you play comparatively unsaturated games, your biggest fail is your SEO.

Specifically, you need to figure out keywords that your viewers would use to find your specific video, and I mean your specific video, not a video like it, that particular video.
Needed to drill that in.
Is there a link to where I can study SEO?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I would focus on individualizing your channel, to make it stand out. There's an enormous amount of competition on youtube, especially for gaming/vlogs. Invest in some artwork that shows you as a person. Figuring out branding earlier on will get people to remember you ^^

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
There are ways to research SEO all over the internet. It isn't something that you find [maybe] in one place or the next.

Search "YouTube SEO" and spend some time really drilling in the necessities of it in there.