Request Am I Doing Something Wrong?

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
Been doing YouTube for about a year and it doesn't feel like I'm growing fast enough (only have 30 subs and some are just school friends) and I really feel I deserve it because how much work and time I put into all my videos while some people who just do crappy, no time needed, and careless videos have way more views and more subs than I do so however reads this may you please help me because this sort of depressed me a while ago :(

Real Phukin G's

Mar 2, 2016
Ya Momma's House
YouTube
Been doing YouTube for about a year and it doesn't feel like I'm growing fast enough (only have 30 subs and some are just school friends) and I really feel I deserve it because how much work and time I put into all my videos while some people who just do crappy, no time needed, and careless videos have way more views and more subs than I do so however reads this may you please help me because this sort of depressed me a while ago :(
It all honestly depends on your content, you can make 5-10 vids per week but wont grow if your vids suck.Not trying to sound harsh but just being real. Also look into SEO's and what kind of tags for your videos plus make videos based on what is trending or popular based on the content you make but try to be unique cuz everyone else will be making videos about the same thing.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Use your analystics to find out what is used to search for your video's.
Stay motivated and try to upload at least 3 times a week and make good use of social media.
It takes time to grow but by doing what you do best it will come.
Try to collaborate with others to gain more audience ;)

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
It all honestly depends on your content, you can make 5-10 vids per week but wont grow if your vids suck.Not trying to sound harsh but just being real. Also look into SEO's and what kind of tags for your videos plus make videos based on what is trending or popular based on the content you make but try to be unique cuz everyone else will be making videos about the same thing.
I try to make quality 2-3 vids a week and how should I look into SEO?

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
Use your analystics to find out what is used to search for your video's.
Stay motivated and try to upload at least 3 times a week and make good use of social media.
It takes time to grow but by doing what you do best it will come.
Try to collaborate with others to gain more audience ;)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
No problem mate, hope it helps.

In a way i know how you feel as i am such a simple gameplayer who records his gameplay, upload it and make slight adjustments, nothing professional to be honest. Still i get quite some views on certain games. How it comes i have no idea, how i have grown? Is a mysterie. Hut what i do know is that i stay dedicated. I enjoy making my content as it is and plan on keep doing it this way.

Real Phukin G's

Mar 2, 2016
Ya Momma's House
YouTube
I try to make quality 2-3 vids a week and how should I look into SEO?
The thing is in my personal opinion thats too much, once a week i think is solid especially if your a small channel. Thats the problem with a lot of people on youtube especially smaller channels, they think if they upload a lot like one or 2 vids each day they will grow. Thats not true and it really depends on what type of content your doing unless your big enough like markiplier who knows he will get tons of views, I knew some dude that I met on ps3 and he made videos for over a year and over 200 vids but only had 140 subs. Why? Because his videos blew and were boring, again not trying to sound harsh but it was the truth. As for SEO I sent you a pm. Also social media is good to use.

Last edited:

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
The thing is in my personal opinion thats too much, once a week i think is solid especially if your a small channel. Thats the problem with a lot of people on youtube especially smaller channels, they think if they upload a lot like one or 2 vids each day they will grow. Thats not true and it really depends on what type of content your doing unless your big enough like markiplier who knows he will get tons of views, I knew some dude that I met on ps3 and he made videos for over a year and over 200 vids but only had 140 subs. Why? Because his videos blew and were boring, again not trying to sound harsh but it was the truth. As for SEO I sent you a pm. Also social media is good to use.
I see what you mean bro, I really only upload when I feel like it and know I put out at least an entertaining video.

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
No problem mate, hope it helps.

In a way i know how you feel as i am such a simple gameplayer who records his gameplay, upload it and make slight adjustments, nothing professional to be honest. Still i get quite some views on certain games. How it comes i have no idea, how i have grown? Is a mysterie. Hut what i do know is that i stay dedicated. I enjoy making my content as it is and plan on keep doing it this way.
That's gr8 dude stay dedicated. :)

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

Thunderbolt

Electronic Musician & Video Game Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2014
Malaysia
YouTube
zackstrikes
No need to feel depressed, it's a true fact that the YouTube gaming market is appallingly oversaturated as we speak. With that being said, you need to step up your game. Try and spend less time on moping, and more time on honing your skills as a content creator.

Reactions: Watbadrian

Watbadrian

New User
Feb 7, 2016
YouTube
What help me grow is promoting my videos to the google community, collaborating with people, and editing my videos really well and funny. It took me a whole year to almost get to 200 subs, you'll get there just try the things I said and you will have 100 subs in no time :D!

Reactions: A.Barry

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
What help me grow is promoting my videos to the google community, collaborating with people, and editing my videos really well and funny. It took me a whole year to almost get to 200 subs, you'll get there just try the things I said and you will have 100 subs in no time :D!
where are some good places i could promote to??