YouTube Anyone else notice this?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Yes quite normal, unfortunately viewers can sometimes get overwhelmed if too much content gets uploaded. Most people are subbed to lots of different channels so if they may not have the time to watch everything. I know as a YT viewer I do this also, if I don't watch YouTube for a while and one of my subs have uploaded 5 videos since I last watched I might just only watch 1 video out of the 5 I missed.

Try for a more gradual transition, so from once a week do twice a week and see how views go. Then keep dialing it in to see what give you the most views.

TheWarGamer11

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 6, 2014
YouTube
thewargamer11
There is this thing called The "The Project Management Triangle - Time, Quality, Cost"

For content creation on YouTube,
  • Time - How long it takes to complete your project.
  • Quality - Researching/writing/editing your videos.
  • Cost - the budget set to complete the project

You can't have all three corners of this triangle to produce a video, you can only pick two of the corners in this example.

In the case of seeing a decline of viewers on your channel, you are quality to produce your videos, as I assume you are a one man show. so your points on the triangle are fast and cheap, which would end up in a lower quality video, and people don't want to watch a low quality video. If you want to keep up with the 1-2 day uploads you would have to increase your cost to produce your videos, however if your not making money back on your videos, it's not a smart idea to pay too much into your videos. right now, your only cost are your time and equipment to produce your videos (i'm not sure if you have hired a researcher/writer/editor).

Now for what koala said, about if your sub misses a video that you uploaded, make sure your content is SEO (search engine optimization) so you can get some organic viewership, also known as people who are not subbed to you who are looking for content, can find your content, that way when a sub misses a video, someone else who isn't, can find your content and offset your views from your subs not watching your content.

Hope this helps, feel free to message me if you want to talk about this more in depth or have question.

Sneaker shopping therapy

Respected User
Mar 5, 2019
YouTube
There is this thing called The "The Project Management Triangle - Time, Quality, Cost"

For content creation on YouTube,
  • Time - How long it takes to complete your project.
  • Quality - Researching/writing/editing your videos.
  • Cost - the budget set to complete the project

You can't have all three corners of this triangle to produce a video, you can only pick two of the corners in this example.

In the case of seeing a decline of viewers on your channel, you are quality to produce your videos, as I assume you are a one man show. so your points on the triangle are fast and cheap, which would end up in a lower quality video, and people don't want to watch a low quality video. If you want to keep up with the 1-2 day uploads you would have to increase your cost to produce your videos, however if your not making money back on your videos, it's not a smart idea to pay too much into your videos. right now, your only cost are your time and equipment to produce your videos (i'm not sure if you have hired a researcher/writer/editor).

Now for what koala said, about if your sub misses a video that you uploaded, make sure your content is SEO (search engine optimization) so you can get some organic viewership, also known as people who are not subbed to you who are looking for content, can find your content, that way when a sub misses a video, someone else who isn't, can find your content and offset your views from your subs not watching your content.

Hope this helps, feel free to message me if you want to talk about this more in depth or have question.
Haha I’m a project manager by day and youtuber by night. Trust me at near 5k subs and around 18k to 20k views per month youtube don’t pay the bills.