Community Best YouTuber Communities for Getting Feedback?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
So I've been constantly looking around and joining all YouTube forums, discords, subreddits, etc. I can to try and find more feedback for my channel to finally get it to grow. After 5 years it has only gathered 304 subs you can see why I'm pretty desperate at this point for any piece of advice. To complicate things however, a large hate campaign against me on Reddit saw me banned forever from most of the major subreddits for getting feedback, so now I'm looking for new places I could go and maybe finally find some answers. Anyone know any other good communities that could help me?

After looking at your channel, you have change from minecraft niche to pokemon niche and now to tech niche.

First problem, the niche you chose has super high competition. When you search minecraft on youtube, there's like millions and millions of views. You cannot enter that niche obviously. Unless, you aiming for certain niche in minecraft.
For example:
  • Top 10 things you won't be able to find in Minecraft
  • Top 3 things you possible won't believe can happen in Minecraft
Do you see the difference of how you can micro niche minecraft into that path? This can apply to any niche.

Now I saw that you change into Tech Review.
This is great since I am quite knowledgeable in Tech Review channel.
First your audio sometimes fade away which can be a turn away a viewer.
Second, whenever you do a tech review, always prioritize the good things over the bad unless you want to focus only bad things which results in a lot of dislike and no company will ever want to send their item for you to review.
Third, show a little bit of text information on your video. People can easily get bored just listening, so add text.
Fourth, make sure to research the gear you want to review especially if you don't own one. It would be the best if you own the product so you can showcase it's functionality personally rather than using other people's video.

I hope that this can help you to really research on your niche and your YouTube channel.

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
After looking at your channel, you have change from minecraft niche to pokemon niche and now to tech niche.

First problem, the niche you chose has super high competition. When you search minecraft on youtube, there's like millions and millions of views. You cannot enter that niche obviously. Unless, you aiming for certain niche in minecraft.
For example:
  • Top 10 things you won't be able to find in Minecraft
  • Top 3 things you possible won't believe can happen in Minecraft
Do you see the difference of how you can micro niche minecraft into that path? This can apply to any niche.

Now I saw that you change into Tech Review.
This is great since I am quite knowledgeable in Tech Review channel.
First your audio sometimes fade away which can be a turn away a viewer.
Second, whenever you do a tech review, always prioritize the good things over the bad unless you want to focus only bad things which results in a lot of dislike and no company will ever want to send their item for you to review.
Third, show a little bit of text information on your video. People can easily get bored just listening, so add text.
Fourth, make sure to research the gear you want to review especially if you don't own one. It would be the best if you own the product so you can showcase it's functionality personally rather than using other people's video.

I hope that this can help you to really research on your niche and your YouTube channel.
It doesn't really matter though what kind of Minecraft content I have as it's not what I do anymore so I really don't care if it get's views or not.

When it comes to the things you listed, I do try to do all of them already, and when it comes to the audio point, I go through all my videos to see if there is no things like that before publishing so I don't really know where the problem might remain. It sounds like it could just be something very rare then if I haven't spotted it, so I doubt it would make too much of a difference, but thanks anyway. Do you know however any other Youtuber communities I could go to though, as that's really my main focus for this thread as I want to find new sources of advice, seeing how even a paid channel review didn't help my channel at all.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Had a look at your last few videos and I'd definitely agree with a lot of the things Quick Review mentioned. Make sure you are prepared to take on advice if you are asking for it. With improved audio I think you could get a lot better retention, it sounds a bit like you are talking directly into the mic so you are getting sounds picked up from air hitting it. Also the audio levels keep changing, if you are doing the recordings over multiple periods this can be very hard to get right.

For getting reviews this can be hard as you are asking others for help without any returns (be prepared to review/help other channels out), there is http://yttalk.com/ if you haven't tried that. Reddit can be very good also if you find the right sub, just make sure if you make a new account read the rules before posting or you will get banned again as they are very strict.

You have a lot of good stuff on your channel, if you can keep tweaking and making improvements you can definitely get some more growth, good luck with it!

Reactions: Quick Review Show

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
Had a look at your last few videos and I'd definitely agree with a lot of the things Quick Review mentioned. Make sure you are prepared to take on advice if you are asking for it. With improved audio I think you could get a lot better retention, it sounds a bit like you are talking directly into the mic so you are getting sounds picked up from air hitting it. Also the audio levels keep changing, if you are doing the recordings over multiple periods this can be very hard to get right.

For getting reviews this can be hard as you are asking others for help without any returns (be prepared to review/help other channels out), there is http://yttalk.com/ if you haven't tried that. Reddit can be very good also if you find the right sub, just make sure if you make a new account read the rules before posting or you will get banned again as they are very strict.

You have a lot of good stuff on your channel, if you can keep tweaking and making improvements you can definitely get some more growth, good luck with it!
And I am willing to get take any advice given, after all it wouldn't make much sense for me not to do so after my channel has been struggling to grow for over 5 years now, but that's not really what this thread is about anyway.

Like I said Reddit is pretty much a lost cause, it's not that I didn't read the rules or anything, it wasn't anything I did, just like I said earlier it was just a large hate campaign against me that spread to several different subreddits. Additionally Reddit have a policy of banning any accounts that try to bypass bans, so if I make a new one and then go asking about my channel in those subreddits again both the accounts will go from the platform as a whole. I've tried yttalk before, but for some reason I can never access it. Not sure if it's just the website or something but I just can't get onto it. So any other places I could try?

finegamingconnoisseur

Freedom! Member
May 18, 2017
www.youtube.com
YouTube
@avrona Just out of curiosity, can I ask why there is a huge hate campaign against you?

I did watch a few of your videos and they seem fine audio-wise, but as others here have pointed out it might be a case of market saturation and you’re simply being pushed out by the bigger channels covering the same topics as you. If there’s already a few huge channels and numerous other smaller ones covering the same topic, you’ll just be seen as just another one of them, and people will likely skip over your content in favour of others.

I would suggest you create your own style or ‘blueprint’ of how you want to cover the topics (be it games, tech, etc) that is uniquely you, different to the mainstream and something very few or no one has done before, which takes creativity and some introspection on your part. Pour your personality and character over everything you do in your channel, from the artwork, to the writing, and to the videos themselves. Let the right people come to you instead of you going to them. That is a reward in itself.

In short, you need to be remarkable, in the sense that you stand out from the crowd such that people will stop and take notice of you. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
@avrona Just out of curiosity, can I ask why there is a huge hate campaign against you?

I did watch a few of your videos and they seem fine audio-wise, but as others here have pointed out it might be a case of market saturation and you’re simply being pushed out by the bigger channels covering the same topics as you. If there’s already a few huge channels and numerous other smaller ones covering the same topic, you’ll just be seen as just another one of them, and people will likely skip over your content in favour of others.

I would suggest you create your own style or ‘blueprint’ of how you want to cover the topics (be it games, tech, etc) that is uniquely you, different to the mainstream and something very few or no one has done before, which takes creativity and some introspection on your part. Pour your personality and character over everything you do in your channel, from the artwork, to the writing, and to the videos themselves. Let the right people come to you instead of you going to them. That is a reward in itself.

In short, you need to be remarkable, in the sense that you stand out from the crowd such that people will stop and take notice of you. Hope this helps.
I have no idea why exactly they chose me to have a crusade against but as you can see the results have been be being really limited to where I can ask for advice.

In terms of your advice, I have already switched my topic a few times to finally find something that works and still nothing has worked. I have been already trying to build up my own style since I've started my channel all those years ago yet clearly that still hasn't been enough so what else do you recommend I should do exactly?

finegamingconnoisseur

Freedom! Member
May 18, 2017
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I have no idea why exactly they chose me to have a crusade against but as you can see the results have been be being really limited to where I can ask for advice.

In terms of your advice, I have already switched my topic a few times to finally find something that works and still nothing has worked. I have been already trying to build up my own style since I've started my channel all those years ago yet clearly that still hasn't been enough so what else do you recommend I should do exactly?
What I meant was not switching topics (unless you really wanted to), but rather finding a style that you know is unique and different to what is common and ordinary.

One way to illustrate, is if you were walking through an art gallery and all the paintings and artwork were more or less similar in style, except for one that was strikingly different and fresh compared to all the others, you’re probably more likely to notice that one more and walk over to check it out.

It might also help to look at as many other YouTubers as you can so as to look at ways you can stand out from the crowd. I probably spent at least 3 or 4 years as a viewer just watching YouTube videos from many different channels before becoming a YouTuber myself, so I more or less knew the direction I wanted to take before I started.

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
What I meant was not switching topics (unless you really wanted to), but rather finding a style that you know is unique and different to what is common and ordinary.

One way to illustrate, is if you were walking through an art gallery and all the paintings and artwork were more or less similar in style, except for one that was strikingly different and fresh compared to all the others, you’re probably more likely to notice that one more and walk over to check it out.

It might also help to look at as many other YouTubers as you can so as to look at ways you can stand out from the crowd. I probably spent at least 3 or 4 years as a viewer just watching YouTube videos from many different channels before becoming a YouTuber myself, so I more or less knew the direction I wanted to take before I started.
And I do already try to do have my own style and even look at what other channels do to help make something more unique, so what else can I do?