Solved Changing channel email ,what about epidemic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrenzo

Freedom! Member
Hey everyone,
So I wanted to change my channel name and change the email address of my channel.But I can't do so since google isn't allowing me to change my email ID . So the next option I have is to move my channel to a brand account.

How do I do so without losing my Epidemic account ? Since I login to Epidemic with my Freedom! account I don't want risk losing access to it.

Can I just transfer my channel to another email address ,will that affect anything with Freedom! ?

Last edited:

Acrenzo

Freedom! Member
Thanks for the quick response.

I've looked into how I can change the primary ownership of my youtube channel (brand account) through account managers .

But won't changing the PRIMARY OWNER of the channel affect my relation with Freedom and my Epidemic Sound account? I know you said it might not cause of OAUTH (no idea what that is) but I don't want to risk it. I was lucky enough to be partnered with Freedom before the 4k-1k and yet still be able to use the goodies from Freedom like Epidemic without being a partner right now.

The account I currently have linked with freedom is : [email protected]
I'm changing it to a new google account and completely removing my old one ([email protected]) so wouldn't that cause some problems with my Freedom account? (Since I'm completely removing the link between my freedom account and my channel)[DOUBLEPOST=1540916509][/DOUBLEPOST]@LW001
Bump . It'd be awesome if I could get help on this asap ,got a few videos lined up that I don't wanna upload until I get this fixed.[DOUBLEPOST=1540965898][/DOUBLEPOST]Bump

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Sorry to have kept you waiting.

I've checked with support, everything should be fine. Just move things around and ensure you can still log into your Freedom! Account. (Also just to be sure do note down the account ID before and after from https://freedom.tm/user-profile/freedom-profile to make sure you're still on the same account and to have them ready to send to support). Should you not be able to log into Freedom! or Epidemic please contact [email protected] with those Dashboard IDs and they can fix it on Freedom!'s end.

Also there have been some issues with people moving channels around between brand accounts losing channels, they should be resolved but it's still worth noting: https://productforums.google.com/fo...t-place=topicsearchin/youtube/brand$20account

Upvote 0

Acrenzo

Freedom! Member
Sorry to have kept you waiting.

I've checked with support, everything should be fine. Just move things around and ensure you can still log into your Freedom! Account. (Also just to be sure do note down the account ID before and after from https://freedom.tm/user-profile/freedom-profile to make sure you're still on the same account and to have them ready to send to support). Should you not be able to log into Freedom! or Epidemic please contact [email protected] with those Dashboard IDs and they can fix it on Freedom!'s end.

Also there have been some issues with people moving channels around between brand accounts losing channels, they should be resolved but it's still worth noting: https://productforums.google.com/fo...t-place=topicsearchin/youtube/brand$20account

Its alright !

By account ID you mean the Freedom! ID under the account settings in the Freedom dashboard right?

I checked the forum link you've added,now I'm in doubt if I should try the change or not .

I'm still not a 100 percent certain if it'll be fine once I remove my Primary email ID (the one I used to be partnered with Freedom!) . I know you said support says its fine but has Freedom! had such cases before? Where a user wanted to completely remove the primary email id he got partnered with for a new one?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.