YouTube Daily Uploading?

SuperBird Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2016
YouTube
After going inactive for a bit, practically all of my audience has left my channel. In my efforts to rebuild my audience, I've began uploading more and more often. Do you guys think it pays off to try and pump out daily videos? Or should I spend more time and effort making the edits more in depth?

Also, any tips on rebuilding in general you all could offer me would be greatly appreciated :)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As long as you can safety say you have a schedule when rebuilding I think that will count more - of course with that being said you should prioritise quality over quantity so instead of thinking about daily uploads when not try twice or three times a week first get everything nailed down there and then potentially look to increase the amount of videos slowly

Reactions: SuperBird Gaming

RAB2784LetsPlays

Rising User
Jan 23, 2015
YouTube
I agree with you my friend, upload daily if that’s what’s best for you and if you feel it’s quality more for the fact it’ll help your channel but don’t upload just for video sake and if you enjoy uploading everyday if that makes sense haha

I upload every second day still quality though but the only reason I do it is cause when I uploaded daily it started to feel like a chore rather enjoyment lol I love making the videos but uploading felt chore when it was daily if that makes sense lol

Reactions: SuperBird Gaming

SuperBird Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2016
YouTube
As long as you can safety say you have a schedule when rebuilding I think that will count more - of course with that being said you should prioritise quality over quantity so instead of thinking about daily uploads when not try twice or three times a week first get everything nailed down there and then potentially look to increase the amount of videos slowly
You bring up a good point about the schedule, perhaps I can ask some people to comment a schedule they'd like in a video[DOUBLEPOST=1511536828][/DOUBLEPOST]
maybe before you restart in full you should make a video explaining why you where gone for sucha long time
That is a good idea, and I may put that in a channel update video of some sort, thanks :)[DOUBLEPOST=1511536878][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its better to put out videos with high quality, so if you can guarantee quality everyday, go for it. If you can only guarantee quantity, don’t.
That's a good point, if I post a ton of bad videos, theres no point I suppose[DOUBLEPOST=1511537031][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree with you my friend, upload daily if that’s what’s best for you and if you feel it’s quality more for the fact it’ll help your channel but don’t upload just for video sake and if you enjoy uploading everyday if that makes sense haha

I upload every second day still quality though but the only reason I do it is cause when I uploaded daily it started to feel like a chore rather enjoyment lol I love making the videos but uploading felt chore when it was daily if that makes sense lol
Saying it's a chore wouldn't describe how I feel, but overwhelmed with school then daily uploads is pretty accurate. Maybe I'll try out your way of every other day, that may allow less rush between homework and YouTube which could help ensure the quality of my uploads.[DOUBLEPOST=1511537156][/DOUBLEPOST]
Daily uploads is a huge commitment. If you can stick with it, go for it.

There are some youtubers that do 2 or 3 daily uploads. I don't know how they manage that. I have a hard enough time with a single daily upload.
I know right??? It takes my computer about 15 minutes to export a video then 15 more to upload it, and on top of that editing time xD some youtubers are insane with their uploading haha. I feel like sometimes daily uploading is easier than others, I'm not sure if I can keep it up xD I may just go with every other day. Thank you for your input :)

Last edited:
Reactions: East Lantic

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
After going inactive for a bit, practically all of my audience has left my channel. In my efforts to rebuild my audience, I've began uploading more and more often. Do you guys think it pays off to try and pump out daily videos? Or should I spend more time and effort making the edits more in depth?

Also, any tips on rebuilding in general you all could offer me would be greatly appreciated :)
In my honest opinion, I would focus more on quality rather than quantity. Maybe select a few days of the week that way the edited videos can be a bit better rather than doing daily uploads. Daily is also pretty hard to upkeep especially if anything should come up. At least a few days a week can give you time and allow you to plan uploads with better efficiency.

StormMoreno

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
Ohio, United States
YouTube
StormMoreno
The thing is you want to have a balance of quality and quantity you don't want more than the other. With quality, you can make the best video every month but YouTube does not reward for how much effort you put into a video but how much you pump out and how much people watch the reason why this is important is YouTube is not going to promote you that much with so little video output. But you want to do what your capable of if you want to spend time on a video and upload once a week that's good.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

If you can keep it up then Daily can do a lot, used to do Daily for 2 years straight and gained spikes in growth with it but now i did a step back due to live streaming whenever i'm able to.

pulse

Rising User
Jan 3, 2018
YouTube
I'd recommend to put your heart and soul into making the best content you can possibly create, a video that you can look back at and you can feel amazed about.