E3 2019

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Now that E3 2019 is over...what did you guys think? Who had the best presentation? How was the event conference overall?

This E3 was really bad save for some choice key moments. I hate to say it but it's funny how Nintendo has sort of seen the future with how you should do E3...no awkward live presentations (that is, Nintendo has their own awkward charm), no bizarre on stage incidents and no overly loud paid shills screaming in the audience.

Almost every presentation except for Nintendo was lackluster. Bethesda was a little weird and it was obvious they were kissing up to us in the beginning and they don't have much to show and I can safely assume people are still pissed about FO76. Square was just...besides the FF VII remake, just a bunch of RPGs (don't get me wrong, I love RPGs! But...they blended so much together) and a really bad Avengers trailer. I'm not that invested in Microsoft and well, Ubisoft's just...felt boring and slow. Watch Dogs looks fun but I'm tired of their well, samey Ubi-style open world gameplay, yeesh. I did like that they had a dog on stage though.

Nintendo stole the show in my opinion. Animal Crossing! Banjo in Smash! Witcher 3 port! BotW sequel! So much stuff to talk about, hoo boy I'm still like mentally digesting everything...also that skit they had with Bowser and Doug Bowser in the beginning was super adorable.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Honestly for me I'm usually the "Nintendo did best" kind of person but I thought theirs was incredibly lackluster until they revealed breath of the wild 2.

I've noticed the last two E3's they don't really reveal a lot of new games and just talk a lot about games that have already been revealed. I might have to get used to that because I've always looked forward to E3 for new games not information on games we already knew about. So only really getting Breath of the Wild 2 as a new game to look forward to is a bit disappointing even if that one game will surely end up being great.