Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hello and welcome to this new guide. I'm not sure whether someone has already made a guide like this as XenForo search isn't particularly at Google search level…

So in this small guide I'll be writing about how you can actually grow your channel or generally profit off of these Forums.

So before we get into the ways to promote yourself or generally profit off of these forums, let's look at what many people come here for:
  • Wanting to promote your channel
  • Wanting help in joining the Freedom! Network or questions
  • Wanting to find people to make videos with or talk to
  • Other reasons
Some people come here wanting to just promote their Channel and just end up getting warned for spam and getting no views, subscribers, anything at all. This won't profit you, the Forum team or the community in the slightest. So here's some useful things to consider:

1: Don't just leave your link everywhere.

Many people just come to the forums, open chat or a forum section and replying to people with a channel link or a video. Firstly, in all but one sections of these forums posting links is disallowed and will get you warned. That section is the Promote yourself section which I'll get into later.

Quick note: Advertising is disallowed in the Forum Rules and the chat rules, doing so will result in your post being flagged and your posts deleted on to warnings. To learn how to post links read on.

2: Don't leave your link somewhere expecting people to check out your channel and videos without context.

This section may sound like the first one, which was mainly oriented towards reminding you to the forum rules. Here I'll go over how you can get people to check out your qualitative channel and videos!

Let me show you bad examples of posting a link or video:

Check out my video!

In these examples you can see that I literally just went ahead and posted a link with the most generic calls to action ever. There's nothing special and I just threw in a link so nobody would care. This generates about three views at most and isn't worth it as no one would subscribe probably. So hear me out: You don't have to write a huge text about your video either. It's not needed to write an entire English essay though, but here's some nice ideas to put into the thread:
  • What the video is about (You can use the Tags feature on the forums)
  • A description of your video and what people can expect of it (2-3 or more lines; Make us excited for the video and the plot twist that's gonna happen without spoiling it)
If you decide to share your channel as a whole here's some nice ideas:
  • Talk about what you do on your channel or what you want to do or will do in the future
  • Show a playlist or a video of your channel
  • Tell us when you upload
  • Tell us why we would want to subscribe to your channel
  • And more
These are just ideas, you can add more, leave some parts out, whatever you want!

DON'T ask for sub4sub, it's bad. Click the word Sub4Sub anywhere around the forums to learn why. (Thread courtesy of Koala_Steamed)

3: Do the favor to other Members too
Don't just go into the promotion section once you can (30 posts or partnered), paste a link and leave. Reply to a few people in that section, look at their channels, watch their videos, give feedback, etc. You want people to check out your videos or channels, so do the same for them! Without people looking at posted content the section wouldn't help anyone. You want people to see your content, others want the same, do it to help the community.

4: Be an active member around the forums too.
Seeing people that just post 30 replies on announcement threads and then just leave into the promotion section every time they upload a video is another thing. Try being active around the Forums, nice to other Members, give people meaningful feedback on their channels,... It may even help you more than anything else mentioned here. You could even become a Member Of The Month for it, which may even get your channel and Channel trailer on the Forum's front page getting more people to check you out!

To wrap this up, try not to make promoting your content your main focus around here. Other methods may help you more. The promotion section isn't all there is around these forums.

I hope you enjoyed this small thread and I hope I am able to make an impact on the Promotion section and forums less becoming a video dump and more what they were designed for.

EDIT: I've started writing this on Wednesday and now see I wrote "small guide" in the Introduction. Yeah that didn't happen.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hello and welcome to this new guide. I'm not sure whether someone has already made a guide like this as XenForo search isn't particularly at Google search level…

So in this small guide I'll be writing about how you can actually grow your channel or generally profit off of these Forums.

So before we get into the ways to promote yourself or generally profit off of these forums, let's look at what many people come here for:
  • Other reasons
Some people come here wanting to just promote their Channel and just end up getting warned for spam and getting no views, subscribers, anything at all. This won't profit you, the Forum team or the community in the slightest. So here's some useful things to consider:

Many people just come to the forums, open chat or a forum section and replying to people with a channel link or a video. Firstly, in all but one sections of these forums posting links is disallowed and will get you warned. That section is the Promote yourself section which I'll get into later.

Quick note: Advertising is disallowed in the Forum Rules and the chat rules, doing so will result in your post being flagged and your posts deleted on to warnings. To learn how to post links read on.

2: Don't leave your link somewhere expecting people to check out your channel and videos without context.

This section may sound like the first one, which was mainly oriented towards reminding you to the forum rules. Here I'll go over how you can get people to check out your qualitative channel and videos!

In these examples you can see that I literally just went ahead and posted a link with the most generic calls to action ever. There's nothing special and I just threw in a link so nobody would care. This generates about three views at most and isn't worth it as no one would subscribe probably. So hear me out: You don't have to write a huge text about your video either. It's not needed to write an entire English essay though, but here's some nice ideas to put into the thread:
  • A description of your video and what people can expect of it (2-3 or more lines; Make us excited for the video and the plot twist that's gonna happen without spoiling it)
  • Talk about what you do on your channel or what you want to do or will do in the future
  • And more
These are just ideas, you can add more, leave some parts out, whatever you want!

DON'T ask for sub4sub, it's bad. Click the word Sub4Sub anywhere around the forums to learn why. (Thread courtesy of Koala_Steamed)

Don't just go into the promotion section once you can (30 posts or partnered), paste a link and leave. Reply to a few people in that section, look at their channels, watch their videos, give feedback, etc. You want people to check out your videos or channels, so do the same for them! Without people looking at posted content the section wouldn't help anyone. You want people to see your content, others want the same, do it to help the community.

Seeing people that just post 30 replies on announcement threads and then just leave into the promotion section every time they upload a video is another thing. Try being active around the Forums, nice to other Members, give people meaningful feedback on their channels,... It may even help you more than anything else mentioned here. You could even become a Member Of The Month for it, which may even get your channel and Channel trailer on the Forum's front page getting more people to check you out!

To wrap this up, try not to make promoting your content your main focus around here. Other methods may help you more. The promotion section isn't all there is around these forums.

I hope you enjoyed this small thread and I hope I am able to make an impact on the Promotion section and forums less becoming a video dump and more what they were designed for.

EDIT: I've started writing this on Wednesday and now see I wrote "small guide" in the Introduction. Yeah that didn't happen.
Now that is a great guide mate :)

Reactions: Belmirs familly

Alex Ecker

Respected User
Mar 15, 2017
Wadena, Minnesota
YouTube
imReactss

• Other reasons

• And more

Great tips!

Reactions: Belmirs familly
Feb 9, 2020
YouTube

• Other reasons

• And more

[DOUBLEPOST=1582264750][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for this post in which how to take precautions before posting .