What do you think of the changes so far (poll open for 1 month)

• Great! I'd like to see more updates like this in the future

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • I preferred how they were before..

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
We are in the process of rolling out some forum updates. Making the forums more pretty and to add some more functionality.

A lot of these ideas have come from community feedback, so thanks to all those that have input their suggestions. As of all updates there may be some bugs that need to ironed out, if you see something not right let us know. Also if there are additional ideas keep them coming!

Have an awesome day
-Freedom! Forum Team
Ν

Reactions: Danny

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Is it possible to have the 'New Posts' section of the home page (the one on the right side of the screen) underlined and linked so clicking on this loads, like it was previously please - as now you only get to see the last 5 in that section

Reactions: Row

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Is it possible to have the 'New Posts' section of the home page (the one on the right side of the screen) underlined and linked so clicking on this loads, like it was previously please - as now you only get to see the last 5 in that section

Should be able to...

This is definitely going to take some getting used to. The commenting on the threads look very different.
Yeah the sidebar disappears now for some reason once you get to a thread will have to change around the settings a bit

I like the status part on the side bar, but it has gone :eek:
The recent posts one?

Reactions: Row

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
New update hey? Um... My thoughts... (aka lets go off on a 10 page rant)

Good Things:
  • Ripping off MGN with the discord
  • More chances to annoy koala for any fails
  • New Chat update is awesome! (multiple rooms and PMs)
Reasons to get out my flamethrower:
  • Node List Needs work
  • Hate the new replies style.
  • Forums look like a mess now
  • Need to fix organisation
  • Active users is horrible, no point and takes up alot of space.
  • Move discord and recent media lower
  • Too bulky for a good mobile experience (have a seperate style for mobile with some hidden)
  • Responsive Issues
  • *could go on forever but ive found enough reasons to get a flamethrower out*
Overall... Interesting...
:)

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
I like the share buttons on top of the articles. (y) (Y)

Thanks to everyone for your feedback!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
We are in the process of rolling out some forum updates. Making the forums more pretty and to add some more functionality.

A lot of these ideas have come from community feedback, so thanks to all those that have input their suggestions. As of all updates there may be some bugs that need to ironed out, if you see something not right let us know. Also if there are additional ideas keep them coming!

Have an awesome day
-Freedom! Forum Team
Ν
Whoa! This is a difference indeed! :)

Last edited:

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I would like to have new design in the forum chula new update in the forum

We are looking to possibly get a new theme forum the forums to make them a bit more interesting so if you have suggestions ;)
New update hey? Um... My thoughts... (aka lets go off on a 10 page rant)

Good Things:
  • Ripping off MGN with the discord
  • More chances to annoy koala for any fails
  • New Chat update is awesome! (multiple rooms and PMs)
Reasons to get out my flamethrower:
  • Node List Needs work
  • Hate the new replies style.
  • Forums look like a mess now
  • Need to fix organisation
  • Active users is horrible, no point and takes up alot of space.
  • Move discord and recent media lower
  • Too bulky for a good mobile experience (have a seperate style for mobile with some hidden)
  • Responsive Issues
  • *could go on forever but ive found enough reasons to get a flamethrower out*
Overall... Interesting...
:)
Can you expand on what you mean for the nodes list and replies style?

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
We are looking to possibly get a new theme forum the forums to make them a bit more interesting so if you have suggestions ;)

Can you expand on what you mean for the nodes list and replies style?

By the node list I just meant some issues with the information box padding. Maybe just go over and check all the padding.

For the replies style, I mean how the threads are displayed on mobile. (No more user cards, only user avatar)

I suggest you go over and check the forums across all devices, you can use chrome developer tools (click the devices button) and select a mobile resolution.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
bweah
The replies are definitely a downgrade, reminds me of that 2012 look with much blank space, tiny images and... no
Also, try posting a thread link on Discord, apparently you nerds show some error message there instead...

(Might be some crawler protection or client type check, heck if i know but it worked before.)
Also the Discord thing was a really nice attempt... Not going into the server itself having tons of issues though the widget is just WHY...

You are showcasing how dead your voice channels are, that's it. Also there's no damn INVITE LINK THERE SO NOBODY CAN JOIN (i wouldnt know why but still).
It's like showcasing that one special server you are in everyone wants to join but you won't let them join but keep showing how many active people are there .-.

Lastly what in hell is this