Forums Forums section names (Freedom Poll!)

What do you think about the new sections layout and names ?

• Perfect ! Easy to navigate and names are intuitive.

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Its ok. Not hard to navigate but names are confusing.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Its ok. Hard to navigate but names make sense.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Terrible, cant find anything and names confuse me.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Kind of strange but I like it.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Hello Freedom'ers !

With the new Forums Overhaul update a lot of changes were made (change log can be found here).

One of the changes were the section names, like creations section and such. With this poll we want to ask you if you like the new names, are they confusing or maybe they're easy to understand and intuitive ? Based on your input we will try making navigation the forums as easy as possible !

Please leave your replies with ideas on how to improve the names or layouts after voting on the poll. :)
We hope to improve the forums together with you.
Thank you for your time !

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The names [I find] are very straight forward, but we still have issues with self-advertisers around the forum.

I had recommended and had implemented the red text underneath the milestones section, but there needs to be more subheadings for specific uses, since even some certified partners are violating forum policy.

TragiXGaming

Apr 4, 2016
Hello Freedom'ers !

With the new Forums Overhaul update a lot of changes were made (change log can be found here).

One of the changes were the section names, like creations section and such. With this poll we want to ask you if you like the new names, are they confusing or maybe they're easy to understand and intuitive ? Based on your input we will try making navigation the forums as easy as possible !

Please leave your replies with ideas on how to improve the names or layouts after voting on the poll. :)
We hope to improve the forums together with you.
Thank you for your time !
I feel like instead of the chat being a small portion of the whole website, we ( as freedom but I'm not certified yet :( lol) we should add something that makes new comers welcome and help them on their way. By doing this, we should make a welcome tutorial that explains the ways of how to navigate the website. I feel like the would captivate the new comers minds and put them at ease because they will know how to use the website. I feel we should also make the chat not just an option but a whole screen thing that users can use to talk to others and gather information that they need. This will be a fun thing that allows others to engage in conversations and work with other smaller YouTubers. It's just a though I've had.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I feel like instead of the chat being a small portion of the whole website, we ( as freedom but I'm not certified yet :( lol) we should add something that makes new comers welcome and help them on their way. By doing this, we should make a welcome tutorial that explains the ways of how to navigate the website. I feel like the would captivate the new comers minds and put them at ease because they will know how to use the website. I feel we should also make the chat not just an option but a whole screen thing that users can use to talk to others and gather information that they need. This will be a fun thing that allows others to engage in conversations and work with other smaller YouTubers. It's just a though I've had.
Chat is certainly not a small part of the forums, it is actually one of my favorite places to work in :) We already help new people via chat with any questions and problems they might have. You've mentioned having a chat as a whole tab, that is already an option too (though I guess it has not been really advertised) you can go to https://freedom.community.tm/chat to have a whole tab dedicated for chat ~!

Boki Hd

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 27, 2016
YouTube
anyway maybe of topic but new skin is crap i am using old i hope i will not get some hate for this words.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I feel it would be beneficial to have several sub categories of content. It may envoke more people to navigate through the content section if they could more easily find the content that they are most accustomed to. I get easily list trying to find the things that I like, being there is an overload of people who just drag and drop their content and leave.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
Also, as a suggestion, there should be a way that those who are more active and helpful get the spotlight, rather than those who literally have just joined for promoting themselves. I'd like to see our community work more as a community rather than a self service.

TragiXGaming

Apr 4, 2016
Chat is certainly not a small part of the forums, it is actually one of my favorite places to work in :) We already help new people via chat with any questions and problems they might have. You've mentioned having a chat as a whole tab, that is already an option too (though I guess it has not been really advertised) you can go to https://freedom.community.tm/chat to have a whole tab dedicated for chat ~!
Thx, lol! Yeah it hasn't been advertised much

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I feel it would be beneficial to have several sub categories of content. It may envoke more people to navigate through the content section if they could more easily find the content that they are most accustomed to. I get easily list trying to find the things that I like, being there is an overload of people who just drag and drop their content and leave.
That would be useful in a world where people actually watched each other's content on this forum rather than just posted it in hopes for views.

But that is what people treat that section as, post drop and go. So there would be no point in organizing threads that get no attention to begin with.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
That would be useful in a world where people actually watched each other's content on this forum rather than just posted it in hopes for views.

But that is what people treat that section as, post drop and go. So there would be no point in organizing threads that get no attention to begin with.
They should use a karma system like Reddit or something to keep it less cluttered. I feel like they should focus more on giving the spotlight to those who deserve it and actually put forth effort to better the community

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
They should use a karma system like Reddit or something to keep it less cluttered. I feel like they should focus more on giving the spotlight to those who deserve it and actually put forth effort to better the community
That would make the system unfair towards the new users. I feel that someone should not be using these forums as their method of getting views, and that is not the intention of these forums.
If we were to adopt a karma system, it would be focused around those who are generally helpful towards the user's YouTube related questions. Questions related to how YouTube works and how to better manipulate it to it's greatest use. A person's video is up to them, and even then, the pointers given out are as generic as a bread sandwich.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
That would make the system unfair towards the new users. I feel that someone should not be using these forums as their method of getting views, and that is not the intention of these forums.
If we were to adopt a karma system, it would be focused around those who are generally helpful towards the user's YouTube related questions. Questions related to how YouTube works and how to better manipulate it to it's greatest use. A person's video is up to them, and even then, the pointers given out are as generic as a bread sandwich.
Hmm, I suppose you're right. I'm just trying to think to myself of a system that might discourage self service and help encourage a healthy community