Network Freedom!'s Stance on Fan Funding!

Do you want Fan Funding under Freedom!?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
Hello Freedom! Family,

A lot of you have been asking about YouTube's new service Fan Funding, and also why Freedom! Has not activated it yet. The reason for this is because Freedom! Is located in South East Asia and it's not currently on the list of countries that have this enabled. It will be hopefully soon! You can read more about this here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6052077?hl=en-GB

We believe it has to be available where the MCN is formed. That way we can request activation for Fan Funding. :)

Let us know! Do you want Fan Funding activation under Freedom!?

PixelPolish

Magic Pill Muncher
Freedom! Member
Definitely needs to happen. There's a lot of smaller channels that can only get a coffee and a bun from ad revenue, but they have loyal fans that would drop them a dime if they didn't have to go through all the Patreons and such. Without it it's an unnecessary complication and gods only know that Internet people hate complications.

Buddy “Buddy1927” Walter

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Well I am a small channel but was approved by YouTube for the fan funding. After going thru the steps to get and then found out I can not due to the MCN my Subnetwork belong to Any.tv I can not use it because they are not able to even tho I live in the area were I can. Even after Freedom made a video about. Even tho Freedom is the No1 MCN in YouTube, Still can not. Well Thanks Freedom again, I need the money to live.

SteamNet Networks

Rising User
Jul 18, 2014
www.steamnet.co
YouTube
Well I am a small channel but was approved by YouTube for the fan funding. After going thru the steps to get and then found out I can not due to the MCN my Subnetwork belong to Any.tv I can not use it because they are not able to even tho I live in the area were I can. Even after Freedom made a video about. Even tho Freedom is the No1 MCN in YouTube, Still can not. Well Thanks Freedom again, I need the money to live.

Okay, I don't think Fan Funding is a very good thing to rely on for your money... I strongly suspect that you won't die from a lack of a dollar that one sub may or may not give you.

It will probably come to Freedom at some point, but if you are really getting your money for dinner from YouTube... Then I will suggest to go and get a job.

Anywhom, it will happen... We all know Freedom can be slow and slack some(all)times, hence our November balances and the new Dashboard... And Freedom Points... Come to think of it, anything which isn't promotion - but this isn't them. Google simply hasn't enabled the new funding programme in the Philippines, where Freedom are based.

LiquidOCELOT

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 11, 2014
fan funding would be great, but i have been doing a lot of research, patreon is some what more popular method of fan funding as of now, may be thats the way ahead.

Jackah

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 30, 2014
England
timetominecraft.com
YouTube
Not sure why you're actually asking - surely, once it is available, you should just activate it, because, individual channels can decide not to activate it for their channel, but at least those who do want it, have access to it.

Reactions: LiquidOCELOT

ItsMeJosh

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 22, 2014
It would be nice but i will have no use for it as my subscribers are inactive

McGahan

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2013
YouTube
McGahan96
I've had a lot of partners complain about us not having the feature... Needs to happen.

It's not necessarily Freedom!'s fault that you can't use Fan Funding. It's not because we haven't activated it, it's simply not available to us because "any.TV Limited" is incorporated in Hong Kong. The only places that Fan Funding is available is:

Let it be known that we are trying to push YouTube to make it active for us, but at the end of the day it comes down to availability, and it will probably be active for some European countries(i.e France, UK & Germany) , before we get it.

This could be down to certain countries donation laws, or it simply may be down to how "in demand" it is.

Reactions: Akif and Kan
Status
Not open for further replies.