Network Freedom!'s Stance on Fan Funding!

Do you want Fan Funding under Freedom!?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterUltimate

Freedom! Member
Wow, for channels that are part of an MCN Fan Funding is only available if the Network is located in:
  • Australia (AU)
  • Japan (JP)
  • Mexico (MX)
  • United States (US)
And then, viewers can only donate if they are located in:
  • Australia
  • France
  • Japan
  • Mexico
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
I was a bit surprised that the availability is so limited. I wonder how long it will take until it's available in the Philippines, considering that it's not even available in the UK yet, assuming YouTube's help docs are up to date.

harron poulton

Freedom! Member
Nov 16, 2015
ProAZGaming
someone stated above that fan funding would not work for small channels, maybe correct but eventually if your frequent with videos and you get frequent viewers who post comments im sure they can eventually help you get better at videos also its good to take notes off other youtubers that are extremly big that doesnt mean copyright without using it kind of thing, i am saying if you watch someone and they get a large response you could try something similar aswell say for example black ops 3 custom class guides competitive guides etc it can happen just need that small shoutout maybe

KiCt27

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2014
Houston, Tx
YouTube
They should really get the ball rolling on this one but it's not really Freedoms fault is it if YouTube is the one that chooses which countries have Fan Funding :(. But Freedom is located in the Philippines because George and his family live there i think and i think he wont get taxed for the Network there as well but im not sure. Supposedly the new YouTube Partnership that rolled out on YouTube was supposed to add this to more MCN's and well i heard a rumor that its coming to Freedom with this new Partnership change as well but i have yet to see any change yet :(.

I guess i could always make a Patreon Page but it's kind of a hassle for people to donate that way and let's face it unless people are hardcore super fans they most likely will not donate/fan fund if there is any kind of hassle or difficulty involved. Because let's face it that's how most people are nowadays :(. Let's get this started Freedom, Fingers Crossed! #FanFunding

Reactions: HeatherRosado6

TheKevit07

Freedom! Member
Jun 25, 2015
YouTube
That was initially why I was contemplating leaving the network just SO I could have fan funding! Let's be honest- ads don't give us nearly a return compared to people donating. One person donating $1 makes up for the past 2 months on my channel- GRANTED my channel is very small and is finally taking an upswing of income since I learned how to use ads better and views/minutes watched increasing, so take that with a grain of salt.

However, Adblock really lowers the income to I would guess 10% of total views actually pay out, whereas fan funding would REALLY give us a true idea on how good or bad we're doing. If your ads are doing well, but still have no fan funding, it would give a dose of reality and say, "Hey, you need to step your game up in terms of editing/commentary/game choice/SOMETHING to get those donations rolling in!!"

This feature like I said in other threads is long overdue, as there are ALL pros, and nearly NO Kans to it. Sorry Kan, had to :p

Reactions: KiCt27

KiCt27

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2014
Houston, Tx
YouTube
That was initially why I was contemplating leaving the network just SO I could have fan funding! Let's be honest- ads don't give us nearly a return compared to people donating. One person donating $1 makes up for the past 2 months on my channel- GRANTED my channel is very small and is finally taking an upswing of income since I learned how to use ads better and views/minutes watched increasing, so take that with a grain of salt.

However, Adblock really lowers the income to I would guess 10% of total views actually pay out, whereas fan funding would REALLY give us a true idea on how good or bad we're doing. If your ads are doing well, but still have no fan funding, it would give a dose of reality and say, "Hey, you need to step your game up in terms of editing/commentary/game choice/SOMETHING to get those donations rolling in!!"

This feature like I said in other threads is long overdue, as there are ALL pros, and nearly NO Kans to it. Sorry Kan, had to :p
Lol that Kan joke was pretty funny XD! But yeah if your channel is small like mine as well then you. Dint get paid like anything really I only have 210 subs or so and I've been doing videos for 3 years :(, but I didn't know what I was doing for the first year and the second year I got an HD capture card and at the start of the third year I joined Freedom so technically I've only been doing good for about a year and it usually takes around 5-8 years to get big. Like you said ads barely give u anything and then on top of that people with ad blocker apps can make it alot lower than what we'd actually earn, and fun funding does give you a true sense of how much your fans love you. But knowing Freedom they skimp out on alot of things example the new dashboard doesn't even exist anymore it was supposed to be better and after like a week they shut it down and they said it would be back up its been half a year or so since then nothing. Then they said they'd help small channels when they first started and they kind of did but know they are pretty much lying about that and not telling people at least in my opinion. Also they said they'd give affiliate sponsorship opportunities to everyone and now they don't even mention it and when I did apply for it the day they came out I never got in even though my content is good, just because I'm not a big channel and now they make it so you have to have an unreasonable amount of subs and views per day or month just to get in the bottom tier. And the whole giveaway thing is a joke cause I used to help alot of people buy reviewing peoples channels in depth and giving them tips and pointers on how to improve but it would take me 3 hrs, the winners would just take a quick 5 min review or something of a joke compared to my reviews and do them faster and get more responses faster so they'd win. Like you said I've been thinking about leaving as well but all the other networks have ridiculous requirements and don't give u a $1 minimum payout like freedom does. I di get an offer from Creative Nation asking me to join them and they'd offer me 90% but when I tried repling to them or asking then questions about their network id get no replies and I've never heard of them and all the reviews on YouTube are potato cam videos lol so i dont want to leave Freedom unless I know for sure. Freedom used to care but not so much anymore like seriously George step up your game!

Reactions: TheKevit07

TheKevit07

Freedom! Member
Jun 25, 2015
YouTube
"and it usually takes around 5-8 years to get big."

Explain that to Markiplier...dude came out of NOWHERE the past couple years and went from nothing to 10 million subs...but he had a lot of connections since he moved to Hollywood.

I don't care what anyone says, in this industry or any other, who you know determines where you'll go...which is why collabs are SO important to any starting channel (which is what makes me so mad about my channel because I can't: I have satellite internet with a ping over 700, so can't do online stuff).

KiCt27

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2014
Houston, Tx
YouTube
"and it usually takes around 5-8 years to get big."

Explain that to Markiplier...dude came out of NOWHERE the past couple years and went from nothing to 10 million subs...but he had a lot of connections since he moved to Hollywood.

I don't care what anyone says, in this industry or any other, who you know determines where you'll go...which is why collabs are SO important to any starting channel (which is what makes me so mad about my channel because I can't: I have satellite internet with a ping over 700, so can't do online stuff).

Well to be fair Mark actually has alot of energy and enthusiasm and maybe an accent as well not so sure on that one but people dig that sort of thing, or if your really funny like GameGrumps lol. But yeah he probably started around the time where gaming videos werent that big and there were less people around that time, now the market is overloaded with tons of Let's Players and Gamers (including myself lol) so people only judge whats good; based on ow many views or subs a person has which dont mean anything really ive seen people with tons of views or subs and their content is garbage compared to mine or most others on YouTube. People these days don't give others a chance really and unless they are saints then no one will take time out of their day to check and see if a small channel is good or not! And unless they are the funniest person ever then they won't really grow except by word of mouth,collaborations like you said, or growing slowly over time. I've tried to do collab's myself ive only really done 1 succesful one with a youtuber that has over 1,000 subs but like i said it means nothing cause most of his subs are his "connections/radio host" friends and they only subbed to help him not watch so he gets about as many views as i do really, i couldn't collab much because i don't have home internet at home ( long story) so i have to use a 4gLte hotspot from my T-Mobile Phone to use the internet here and since they only give me 7Gb a month im in the same predicament almost. So i don't really collab and i don't know that many YouTuber's that play console games most of them play pc and i have a hard time recording pc unfortunately so that + the whole internet dibocal makes it hard for me as well. My friends and fans say im really good but if no one likes the game im playing they wont watch or comment cause they are lazy butts lol and no comments makes a video look bad even if it isn't. Also since i play the holy trinity Nintendo,Xbox,Sony if i play a game from one system the fans of the other 2 most likely wont watch which kind of gets me depressed cause i just want to spread the joy of video games and their art really and give people a chance to see if its good while laughing at my content.

BatchGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2015
YouTube
BatchGaming
Freedom, you can change your Network country to United States to try and enable it for the network? There's a glitch where you do this and then switch back and still available. Try that

Reactions: lokifan50

ajaxinx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
YouTube
Hello Freedom! Family,

A lot of you have been asking about YouTube's new service Fan Funding, and also why Freedom! Has not activated it yet. The reason for this is because Freedom! Is located in South East Asia and it's not currently on the list of countries that have this enabled. It will be hopefully soon! You can read more about this here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6052077?hl=en-GB

We believe it has to be available where the MCN is formed. That way we can request activation for Fan Funding. :)

Let us know! Do you want Fan Funding activation under Freedom!?
I'm from spain, did google said if it's going to be activated there? My channel is still small but it would be a great help for me if i could get some help of my subs.

Maple Leaf Games

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2014
United States
YouTube
Fan funding would be good but a small channel like me wouldn't have anyone fund my channel so currently this is not a big deal for me. If you are a bigger channel that's a different story

Status
Not open for further replies.