YouTube Good Microphone For VR?

thefishstick

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 19, 2016
Bozeman, MT
YouTube
rabidfishstick
I'm in the market for a better mic to use in my recordings. The stock one is good with the Vive and Rift but I breathe heavy sometimes and the blowing noises are really annoying. I've seen people wear shirt mics and am wondering whats the story on those? I have headset mics but the Rift doesn't offer an auxillary plug =/

PerksPrisoner

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2016
YouTube
I actually can give you some feedback on the shirt mic, on Amazon I bought 3 for roughly about $7 USD. While the clip is a bit flimsy and two have broken off the third one I still use. They work very well for their worth and size. The only real complaint is the audio volume has to be tinkered with. I recommend them. I can not post a link here as I have not met the minimum post requirements but they are easy to find under a search for "Collar Mic" they are called something else but they usually pop up for me. I recommended them and if your a heavy breather I think this will help a great deal. You could also get any that are roughly $80 or so I think Tonor is the brand and turn your sensitivity up on your mic. So as it stays put you can still be heard from farther away and depending how your editing (if you are) you can amplify the audio or (if you aren't) possibly turn up your output.

Reactions: thefishstick