Google's New Chromecast

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
I'm sure all of you are aware of what a Chromecast is but recently Google released a second generation to this amazing product. I actually wasn't aware of this until today but it sure looks interesting. There's nothing really game breaking between the predecessor and this new edition. It's apparent that it's much faster and that the design looks a lot better. But I don't think the design really matters because it's going to be sticking at the back or side of your television so you can't really show it off. I personally don't own a Chromecast, I was about to buy one but I'm glad I didn't because now I can just buy this one. I'm sure there are a good number of you guys that own a Chromecast, what do you guys think about the new one or the old one? Do you think it's worth upgrading? The price difference is only like $10 so I think it'd be worth spending a bit more :p

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
I'm sure all of you are aware of what a Chromecast is but recently Google released a second generation to this amazing product. I actually wasn't aware of this until today but it sure looks interesting. There's nothing really game breaking between the predecessor and this new edition. It's apparent that it's much faster and that the design looks a lot better. But I don't think the design really matters because it's going to be sticking at the back or side of your television so you can't really show it off. I personally don't own a Chromecast, I was about to buy one but I'm glad I didn't because now I can just buy this one. I'm sure there are a good number of you guys that own a Chromecast, what do you guys think about the new one or the old one? Do you think it's worth upgrading? The price difference is only like $10 so I think it'd be worth spending a bit more :p

I have seen it I don't really understand what Chrome-cast does? Could you explain that :x

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
I have seen it I don't really understand what Chrome-cast does? Could you explain that :x

So basically your Chromecast is like a wireless HDMI cable for devices like your desktop, laptop, phones, and tablets. Practically any device that can connect to the internet and access media. It's really great because it turns your not-so-smart-TV into a sort-of-smart-TV. You can stream YouTube from your phone (or whatever device) to the screen the Chromecast is connected to, it's mainly used to stream videos and movies. The Chromecast itself is an HDMI dongle, it's very compact and it packs a punch! Probably one of the best tech under $50 around. How it works is that your device will play the content then the Chromecast will stream from the same source. Example: streaming a YouTube video, your phone will play it and then the Chromecast will go to that video and play it at the same time as your phone. It's not directly streaming from the phone to the Chromecast but it still works very well. The new Chromecast is a lot better because it supports 5 gHz networks, so basically it will be a lot faster. The newest Chromecast also has another version that makes any speaker into a wireless speaker, same idea but with audio. If you like to Netflix and Chill, you should definitely get the Chromecast, your phone will be the remote!

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
So basically your Chromecast is like a wireless HDMI cable for devices like your desktop, laptop, phones, and tablets. Practically any device that can connect to the internet and access media. It's really great because it turns your not-so-smart-TV into a sort-of-smart-TV. You can stream YouTube from your phone (or whatever device) to the screen the Chromecast is connected to, it's mainly used to stream videos and movies. The Chromecast itself is an HDMI dongle, it's very compact and it packs a punch! Probably one of the best tech under $50 around. How it works is that your device will play the content then the Chromecast will stream from the same source. Example: streaming a YouTube video, your phone will play it and then the Chromecast will go to that video and play it at the same time as your phone. It's not directly streaming from the phone to the Chromecast but it still works very well. The new Chromecast is a lot better because it supports 5 gHz networks, so basically it will be a lot faster. The newest Chromecast also has another version that makes any speaker into a wireless speaker, same idea but with audio. If you like to Netflix and Chill, you should definitely get the Chromecast, your phone will be the remote!

That's amazing I might just have to keep an eye out for Chrome cast! Thank you for the information!

Reactions: Bryan