Graduated from Freedom Academy and......

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Hey guys, so I did the full video library for the Freedom Academy and I got my certificate... which only has my name, freedom and a Date on it... Very bland but I know Freedom is still working on the Academy as it's in Beta so I'm not expecting greatness.... just yet.

But, I had a questiont, do Freedom Academy graduates get anything from Freedom? Ex: exclusive tools, Forum privileges etc... Just something to entice us to do and pass the Academy.

Don't get me wrong, even though the Academy covers some pretty standard stuff for "how to grow your channel" I did learn some new things here and there. But even after spending an hour in learning, testing and watching videos... I haven't gotten much else out of it. I see the potential in it and I support it 100% and recommend for others to go through it, but I feel that by graduating and receiving a "certificate" should allow you some type of special access or privilege to something else.

I'm not expecting something now, but was curious if this was something Freedom was thinking about.

What about you guys, have you done the Academy, graduated, feel something else should be in it?
Let me know and let's talk and heal together!

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
I don't think it would be very effective to allow special privileges to those who complete the academy, that's going to result in people blazing through it just to unlock something. It's meant to be a learning tool, most likely for people who are new content creators and new to networks, and the only way you are going to learn something is if you are truly interested in learning something you know nothing about. I could see maybe a forum badge or something that could be added for people who have earned their certificate, but forum badges are kind of pointless anyways haha.

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I don't think it would be very effective to allow special privileges to those who complete the academy, that's going to result in people blazing through it just to unlock something. It's meant to be a learning tool, most likely for people who are new content creators and new to networks, and the only way you are going to learn something is if you are truly interested in learning something you know nothing about. I could see maybe a forum badge or something that could be added for people who have earned their certificate, but forum badges are kind of pointless anyways haha.
You know what you have a point, and I haven't looked at that way. You are very right, just appreciate the knowledge I got and continue to create content.
Thank you.

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
You get knowledge! :D Does sound a bit lame but as @Jdlikefood said if people gained special privileges then others would just get annoyed that it would be something they have to do.

How long did it take you to complete the academy?
Very true, didn't take that into thought. It took my about an hour and twenty minutes. Helpful don't get me wrong.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Hey guys, so I did the full video library for the Freedom Academy and I got my certificate... which only has my name, freedom and a Date on it... Very bland but I know Freedom is still working on the Academy as it's in Beta so I'm not expecting greatness.... just yet.

But, I had a questiont, do Freedom Academy graduates get anything from Freedom? Ex: exclusive tools, Forum privileges etc... Just something to entice us to do and pass the Academy.

Don't get me wrong, even though the Academy covers some pretty standard stuff for "how to grow your channel" I did learn some new things here and there. But even after spending an hour in learning, testing and watching videos... I haven't gotten much else out of it. I see the potential in it and I support it 100% and recommend for others to go through it, but I feel that by graduating and receiving a "certificate" should allow you some type of special access or privilege to something else.

I'm not expecting something now, but was curious if this was something Freedom was thinking about.

What about you guys, have you done the Academy, graduated, feel something else should be in it?
Let me know and let's talk and heal together!

I think the academy is the free gift.

We did get early access to it so I don't think they will be giving us much more.

But I have to admit the certificate could be more exciting.

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I think the academy is the free gift.

We did get early access to it so I don't think they will be giving us much more.

But I have to admit the certificate could be more exciting.
I agree, and based on responses to this post I have changed me opinion on it. It is a helpful tool, no reason to ask more from it just because I use it.

Reactions: Jac Morton