Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
1.82 (2015-12-10)
New feature:
  • Youtube: Subscribed Indicator
  • Save A Moment: Moment Page
  • Unpartnered Invitation: Unpartnered channels (not in a network) should be asked if they'd like to apply for partnership
Bugfix:
  • Stats Collection: Heartbeat stats collection "see more stats" feature not linked correctly
  • Stats Collection: Heartbeat stats collection mouseover function does not show a single day
  • Stats Collection: Heartbeat stats collection link is placed wrong.
  • Comment Management: Logging into comment management sometimes shows no comments
  • Comment Management: Sorting comments in CRM in Heartbeat.tm is not correct
  • Chat: The "chat" option in the heartbeat menu does not enable/disable channel wide chat
  • Tooltip: Fix Wow tooltip support long description
  • Tooltip: 2157 Some wow items is pure white in light mode
  • Darkmode: Darkmode for Matching Heartbeat Tags
  • Darkmode: Darkmode for Heartbeat search popup
  • Heartbeat.tm: Heartbeat.tm admin menu does not scale properly
  • Heartbeat Festival Logo: Heartbeat logo causes new line to be created on YouTube search bar
Improvement:
  • Heartbeat Settings: Heartbeat services menu needs hover context for options
  • Twitch UI: Add option to hide certain twitch.tv elements from heartbeat UI
UI Change:
  • Tags: The more results box for heartbeat tags should grey out the rest of the page.
[DOUBLEPOST=1449809456,1449809007][/DOUBLEPOST]
YOU SHALL NOT MERGE!
Thanks there kind stranger!

Reactions: SuppliedRelic

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
So someone has reviewed my channel but I don't see any options to see what he said and even worse I can review my own channel

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
At the moment this is a weighted review system its to find bad channels and get them out.User reviews cannot close your channel it just bumps it up the priority list for us to check on a specific channel if it has a lot of negative reviews in terms of content against TOS or The law

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
As of right now, Heartbeat sits in a broken state.

It tries to display comments on the video page of YouTubers, but it keeps loading the comment count and making more of them until the page becomes filled, and then does it some more.

With the app installed, it was barring my access to my individual video management windows, making it impossible to modify descriptions, names, tags, listing type, thumbnails, or any other modifiable components of my videos.

I have disabled the extension until I hear of a fix.

Arrik Kitsune

Freedom! Member
I recently got on Youtube Today and found my Heartbeat Dark Mode button missing. If this is an error or something they removed... I would like it back please. I liked Dark Mode as it allowed Youtube to be easy on the eyes. Made it easier on me to watch Youtube. Sorry it was one of my favorite features of Heartbeat, if it was one.

Ps3RageGamer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 25, 2014
YouTube
Hey, I just installed heartbeat on my laptop, and I have a word of caution to everyone. I'm very concerned because It seems to use/is built on an adware system. upload_2016-3-15_11-1-10.png
If you take a look, it found 1237 instances of "PUP.Optional.CrossRider" The description of this Potentially unwanted program is "
PUP.Optional.CrossRider is an adware program, that displays pop-up ads and advertisements on web pages that you visit. These advertisements will be shown as boxes containing various coupons that are available, as underlined keywords, pop-up ads or advertising banners. The browser extension includes various features that will modify the default or custom settings of the browser including the home page, search settings and in some cases will modify Internet Explorer’s load time threshold, place a lock file within Firefox to prevent competing software from changing its settings as well as disable the browser’s Content Security Policy in order to allow for cross site scripting of the plugin.
These ads are aimed to promote the installation of additional questionable content including web browser toolbars, optimization utilities and other products, all so the PUP.Optional.CrossRider publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue.

Crossrider
, an emerging programming framework designed to simplify the process of writing plugins that will run on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. The plugin spreads by posting a link to a video on a users Facebook wall, and friends who follow the link are told they need to accept the installation of the plugin in order to view the video. Users who install it will have their accounts modified to periodically post links that help pimp the program...
When infected with PUP.Optional.CrossRider the common symptoms include:

• Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
  • Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
  • Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
  • Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge

It’s reported that PUP.Optional.Crossrider is utilized by cyber criminals as an advertisement platform, which will bombard unwary users with a sea of pop-up ads and sponsored links on Youtube or other social websites they’re navigating to. By corrupting the currently-used browser, this virus may give rise to the replacement of the default homepage and search engine, redirecting victims to some unfamiliar domains where additional cyber malware can be easily implanted. Apart from these abnormal symptoms, the bus is also responsible for stupid PC performance, system frozen or crash, which will impede internet users from undertaking basic normal tasks
"

So, why is Heartbeat using this? Freedom made this browser extension... Why does it have adware bundled with it? Here is proof that it is actually the Heart Beat Extension, and not something else. Compare the file path on the virus scan with this picture.
upload_2016-3-15_11-11-40.png

Now if you do a search for HeartBeat in this folder, you can see what is found.

upload_2016-3-15_11-13-54.png
For further proof, the icons and all files for heartbeat are contained in this extensions folders.
upload_2016-3-15_11-15-24.png

So.... it's pretty scary that they did something like this.... They put adware and other code in along with heartbeat... Who knows what they are doing with it or why they want to do this in the first place! You say it's for cross-browser compatibility, but why not just use something else that isn't a virus. Although you may just use it for cross-browser compatibility, it's still adware and shouldn't be in HeartBeat at all.

So George, What's this all about!? I'm very concerned about this.

Last edited:

Ps3RageGamer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 25, 2014
YouTube
1.82 (2015-12-10)
New feature:
  • Youtube: Subscribed Indicator
  • Save A Moment: Moment Page
  • Unpartnered Invitation: Unpartnered channels (not in a network) should be asked if they'd like to apply for partnership
Bugfix:
  • Stats Collection: Heartbeat stats collection "see more stats" feature not linked correctly
  • Stats Collection: Heartbeat stats collection mouseover function does not show a single day
  • Stats Collection: Heartbeat stats collection link is placed wrong.
  • Comment Management: Logging into comment management sometimes shows no comments
  • Comment Management: Sorting comments in CRM in Heartbeat.tm is not correct
  • Chat: The "chat" option in the heartbeat menu does not enable/disable channel wide chat
  • Tooltip: Fix Wow tooltip support long description
  • Tooltip: 2157 Some wow items is pure white in light mode
  • Darkmode: Darkmode for Matching Heartbeat Tags
  • Darkmode: Darkmode for Heartbeat search popup
  • Heartbeat.tm: Heartbeat.tm admin menu does not scale properly
  • Heartbeat Festival Logo: Heartbeat logo causes new line to be created on YouTube search bar
Improvement:
  • Heartbeat Settings: Heartbeat services menu needs hover context for options
  • Twitch UI: Add option to hide certain twitch.tv elements from heartbeat UI
UI Change:
  • Tags: The more results box for heartbeat tags should grey out the rest of the page.
[DOUBLEPOST=1449809456,1449809007][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks there kind stranger!
Anyone at freedom alive? Still no response!

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Anyone at freedom alive? Still no response!
Hi there

Ill try to get hold of @anthonysmith and get him to respond to this he knows far more about cross rider than I.I only know the basics of the platform and I believe we used it within heartbeat as a consideration in case we ever pushed to Firefox.What I can say is that Cross Rider is a large platform used by many large company's. Its also bee featured on sites such as life hacker positively.

The thing to bear in mind here is most pices of code and frameworks have 2 sides to them the legitimate and illegitimate. If we look at something like Onion router or TOR for instance the majority of its use is legitimate but there is bad users in there to.

I cant talk much about Cross Rider as I do not have intimate knowledge of it but ill get Anthony to talk more on this I just wanted to offer some thought's.

Stef

(Sorry for my late response we also had Fire Drills today in our office building)

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Just spoken to anthony and he will respond when he gets home. I can say i have HB installed both on my freedom work machine and home p.c. as do most of our staff running chrome and i have never seen any of the below behaviours. Anthony will have more info for you later though
  • Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge

Stef

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Crossrider, an emerging programming framework designed to simplify the process of writing plugins that will run on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.

This is possibly the most important and accurate statement you've made here. it's a cross browser frame work that allows extension developers to go from supporting one browser to many. We've been testing it for it's versatility to take us cross browser for quite some time.

What you're short bit of research didn't tell you is that crossrider alone is harmless and open source, if you don't believe me check the code yourself.

Now you MIGHT be confusing our version with this which is an advertising platform and does function in some ways to what you claim.

I appreciate your willingness to help the community however it seems that your lack of research here might be doing more harm than good especially as many times as this subject has come up on these forums, the YouTube comment section of Heartbeat videos, Twitter, Facebook, The google chrome support section, etc. I understand that a snazzy headline sells but the content you've provided is either a thinly veiled smear campaign or just shoddy reporting presented in a way that assumes that no one is going to fact check you on it.

I wish you well on your journy to become an investigative reporter just don't forget the important parts.

Have a good day!! :)

Ps3RageGamer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 25, 2014
YouTube
Just spoken to anthony and he will respond when he gets home. I can say i have HB installed both on my freedom work machine and home p.c. as do most of our staff running chrome and i have never seen any of the below behaviours. Anthony will have more info for you later though

Stef
I also had some concerns about it because of the fact that when I am on my YouTube channel with heart beat installed, it says to review some community thing, and when I click on it it asks me to sign in to my google account ( which I am already signed into ) I have heard of Cross Rider before, which is why I looked into the code that Heart Beat Uses. It does appear to inject code into different pages on YouTube. I may uninstall it based on the java files I looked at that run heart beat. My main issues with a few of these is the fact that, although not as severe as the Cross Rider advertising platform, I have noticed a general increase of advertisements after installing Heart Beat. Most of the time when I'm on YouTube, it keeps telling me that the page is trying to load external unsafe scripts.

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Hey

Yes it does inject that is the method it uses to display things on You Tube and is the way platforms like Vid IQ and Tube buddy work.
The below images show some of the things it injects
http://i.imgur.com/JK5oB80.png
All these are Injects to
http://i.imgur.com/h9xlDpl.png

You can disable that component and any other that makes you nervous.

You can manage some aspects from here:-
http://i.imgur.com/Q5oPqKA.png

Or Every feature from here:-
http://i.imgur.com/LGIgloy.png
http://i.imgur.com/qhE5ii4.png

Also if you think your receiving more ad's due to Heart beat please look in your console hover over them and send us a Screen shot.
http://i.imgur.com/qRndBSZ.png

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
Hey, I just installed heartbeat on my laptop, and I have a word of caution to everyone. I'm very concerned because It seems to use/is built on an adware system. View attachment 14189
If you take a look, it found 1237 instances of "PUP.Optional.CrossRider" The description of this Potentially unwanted program is "
PUP.Optional.CrossRider is an adware program, that displays pop-up ads and advertisements on web pages that you visit. These advertisements will be shown as boxes containing various coupons that are available, as underlined keywords, pop-up ads or advertising banners. The browser extension includes various features that will modify the default or custom settings of the browser including the home page, search settings and in some cases will modify Internet Explorer’s load time threshold, place a lock file within Firefox to prevent competing software from changing its settings as well as disable the browser’s Content Security Policy in order to allow for cross site scripting of the plugin.
These ads are aimed to promote the installation of additional questionable content including web browser toolbars, optimization utilities and other products, all so the PUP.Optional.CrossRider publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue.

Crossrider
, an emerging programming framework designed to simplify the process of writing plugins that will run on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. The plugin spreads by posting a link to a video on a users Facebook wall, and friends who follow the link are told they need to accept the installation of the plugin in order to view the video. Users who install it will have their accounts modified to periodically post links that help pimp the program...
When infected with PUP.Optional.CrossRider the common symptoms include:

It’s reported that PUP.Optional.Crossrider is utilized by cyber criminals as an advertisement platform, which will bombard unwary users with a sea of pop-up ads and sponsored links on Youtube or other social websites they’re navigating to. By corrupting the currently-used browser, this virus may give rise to the replacement of the default homepage and search engine, redirecting victims to some unfamiliar domains where additional cyber malware can be easily implanted. Apart from these abnormal symptoms, the bus is also responsible for stupid PC performance, system frozen or crash, which will impede internet users from undertaking basic normal tasks
"

So, why is Heartbeat using this? Freedom made this browser extension... Why does it have adware bundled with it? Here is proof that it is actually the Heart Beat Extension, and not something else. Compare the file path on the virus scan with this picture.
View attachment 14190

Now if you do a search for HeartBeat in this folder, you can see what is found.

View attachment 14191
For further proof, the icons and all files for heartbeat are contained in this extensions folders.
View attachment 14192

So.... it's pretty scary that they did something like this.... They put adware and other code in along with heartbeat... Who knows what they are doing with it or why they want to do this in the first place! You say it's for cross-browser compatibility, but why not just use something else that isn't a virus. Although you may just use it for cross-browser compatibility, it's still adware and shouldn't be in HeartBeat at all.

So George, What's this all about!? I'm very concerned about this.
Subbed, thanks to the MASSAVE EXPOSE on freedom