KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
The lack of inspiration is killing me...when i have the perfect time to record,I have nice daylight so my facecam looks great but in this very moments i have a lack of inspiration that i have no idea how to avoid...this is getting old because this is the major reason why i don't upload videos that often...when i really have a feel to record it is usually late night and can't record then...and in daytime when i am free and able to record i am just blank...and if I try to record something like this I am usually not happy with the result and the video either sucks or not uploading it at all...any help guys...i might need some...

KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
I really think that inspiration can be given at any moment. Keep a notebook or something and just write down the ideas for later
Well i kinda do have a notebook only with Ideas....but what i am talking about is the moment i try to record something in the best time possible i just feel bored and im afraid that if i make a video when i'm like this the video will end up bad..hapened before...it's not the ideas...it's the way i feel when i want to record...I hope you understood that i wanted to say.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Notebooks ares great! I usually carry one around with me at all times in case I get an idea randomly. Or I guess you could e-mail it to yourself. I do that, too, when I'm too lazy to pull out a pen and paper.

Best thing to draw inspiration from is see what others are doing and what you can do to change up and make it unique and yours.

If Inspiration was easy, then everyone would be awesome at what they do.

Reactions: KazamaDaisuke

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Ha
The lack of inspiration is killing me...when i have the perfect time to record,I have nice daylight so my facecam looks great but in this very moments i have a lack of inspiration that i have no idea how to avoid...this is getting old because this is the major reason why i don't upload videos that often...when i really have a feel to record it is usually late night and can't record then...and in daytime when i am free and able to record i am just blank...and if I try to record something like this I am usually not happy with the result and the video either sucks or not uploading it at all...any help guys...i might need some...
Having a time of day where you record is easy when you get into the routine of it. It's a bummer that life gets in the way though. Have you considered having a friend get you pumped up beforehand? Just talking to someone can get the creative juices flowing!

Reactions: KazamaDaisuke

KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
Ha

Having a time of day where you record is easy when you get into the routine of it. It's a bummer that life gets in the way though. Have you considered having a friend get you pumped up beforehand? Just talking to someone can get the creative juices flowing!
i talk alot on skype with friends but even then i have moments...like today i wanted to record like 2 videos to have them uploaded next week...buit i just didn't feel like recording considering that i really wanted to...I felt that if i would to record...the video would end up ****** or i will end up sounding bored in the video.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Well i kinda do have a notebook only with Ideas....but what i am talking about is the moment i try to record something in the best time possible i just feel bored and im afraid that if i make a video when i'm like this the video will end up bad..hapened before...it's not the ideas...it's the way i feel when i want to record...I hope you understood that i wanted to say.
Lots of coffee. Also, fake enthusiasm until inspiration hits.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
i talk alot on skype with friends but even then i have moments...like today i wanted to record like 2 videos to have them uploaded next week...buit i just didn't feel like recording considering that i really wanted to...I felt that if i would to record...the video would end up ****** or i will end up sounding bored in the video.
Yeah, I try to record in bulk when I'm feeling the best. It's obvious when you're feeling down, or forcing a video. Once you understand yourself as a person, you can use it to your advantage ^^

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
Lots of coffee. Also, fake enthusiasm until inspiration hits.
Coffee usually gets the gears turning on getting the editing done. Though to get inspirations for videos, usually either watching someone in the community, or just pep talks with friends or family. As for getting footage captured, it varies. For example, the main game I'm focusing on, Guild Wars 2(mainly pvp or guide aspect), it is hard to grab decent footage(for example, if I did one aspect, such as WvW, it is hard to find good fights, let alone get a good capture).
However, that isn't the case with things such as story-based videos, the only thing that does it consume ALOT of time.

So, either way, I prefer taking a quality approach when it comes to videos on youtube. Depending on what you upload, just focus on having fun and edit when you are able, and if you are struggling with inspiration for series(like names or ideas), either pick up a book, watch a tv show,listening to some music, or whatever gets the gears turning which inspires you!

Also, everyone who posted above, they are offering excellent ideas which work for inspiring yourself aswell! :)

KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
Coffee usually gets the gears turning on getting the editing done. Though to get inspirations for videos, usually either watching someone in the community, or just pep talks with friends or family. As for getting footage captured, it varies. For example, the main game I'm focusing on, Guild Wars 2(mainly pvp or guide aspect), it is hard to grab decent footage(for example, if I did one aspect, such as WvW, it is hard to find good fights, let alone get a good capture).
However, that isn't the case with things such as story-based videos, the only thing that does it consume ALOT of time.

So, either way, I prefer taking a quality approach when it comes to videos on youtube. Depending on what you upload, just focus on having fun and edit when you are able, and if you are struggling with inspiration for series(like names or ideas), either pick up a book, watch a tv show,listening to some music, or whatever gets the gears turning which inspires you!

Also, everyone who posted above, they are offering excellent ideas which work for inspiring yourself aswell! :)
thank you for the help...i think i found my way of getting the urge to record when i want it to...i just have to try it when i get home this weekend...

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
i usually am..but there are moments when i just feel like not doing it...but i think i found a way to get that feeling back when i want....i will try it next weekend when i get back home to record.
I have times where I really need to record a video for one of my LPs but I just don't want to so I don't. Hopefully whatever you have planned works out!