YouTube How does everyone feel about the new criteria?

Jetstream

Rising User
Jan 22, 2018
YouTube
By now everyone know about the new criteria for being paid on youtube. Unfortunatly this will effect my channel, Jetstream19. I can understand it. But how does everyone else feel?

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
It's good in the sense that it will weed out people who are in it for the money. When they see they aren't making money off it they'll probably stop. Meaning less competition for you which means it will be easier to grow.

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
I think it'll hurt some decently-well established, but small communities in the sense that, it cuts off a revenue stream that the creators can use to buy small bits of equipment. For instance, I was able to buy a new microphone (Sony ECM-44B) for my videos, using my Adsense dollars. I'm afraid my community won't get that cool opportunity to see upgrades that they contributed to if I don't hit this new threshold.

Jetstream

Rising User
Jan 22, 2018
YouTube
It's good in the sense that it will weed out people who are in it for the money. When they see they aren't making money off it they'll probably stop. Meaning less competition for you which means it will be easier to grow.

I can see how it weeds out those people. It can help the smaller youtubers who deserve a little bit of shine[DOUBLEPOST=1516632665][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think it'll hurt some decently-well established, but small communities in the sense that, it cuts off a revenue stream that the creators can use to buy small bits of equipment. For instance, I was able to buy a new microphone (Sony ECM-44B) for my videos, using my Adsense dollars. I'm afraid my community won't get that cool opportunity to see upgrades that they contributed to if I don't hit this new threshold.

I understand this. Ive met some small youtubers with who find it difficult to grow.

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
Well this is going to be pretty bad for my channel, as now it will take me even longer to join a network. I've been doing YouTube for 4 years and still haven't got the 10k needed, and I only have 216 subscribers, so getting to the new requirements will take ages, just so I can join a network. I know it won't help me that much, but seeing how awfully my channel has been doing so far, any help is really needed.

Jetstream

Rising User
Jan 22, 2018
YouTube
Well this is going to be pretty bad for my channel, as now it will take me even longer to join a network. I've been doing YouTube for 4 years and still haven't got the 10k needed, and I only have 216 subscribers, so getting to the new requirements will take ages, just so I can join a network. I know it won't help me that much, but seeing how awfully my channel has been doing so far, any help is really needed.

I feel you on that. Ive been doing this for a long time and i proably wont meet the new requirements.

Vigilant

Aug 24, 2017
YouTube
TheVigilantYT
It hurts in the sense I won't be able to get upgrades like a better mic.

I like to stay positive though and realize once I reach this point there is likely better CPM for me and more chances of ads showing. It will be like 2012 YouTube where partnerships are hard earned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk