Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I like the idea... I would really like someone to make art for my thumbnails and stuff, I would even pay... but its too difficult for me to figure out who can make what I would want. Id LOVE to see a galleries of peoples work... It would really help with finding the right kind of artist that is good at making eye catching thumbnails with photoshop.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I agree that this would be a useful idea, seeing how requests/offers section has become hard to navigate, in a sense that majority of people offer services without any examples.

I think this store should allow keeping a users gallery/portfolio instead of just putting listings of templates like you said. Allowing trusted members to charge money should be allowed by default too, or at least when it is possible to judge who is trusted enough (just like you said it should be kept between partners and freedom wouldn't take responsibility for transactions) because if that is not an option then it would not be appealing to higher quality artists who do need to charge for the time spent.

I am also assuming this would have some kind of reputation system, it only makes sense to have it and possibly feature highly rated artists.

If all of this is done then I believe it would be appealing for both the artist and person looking to get art. Though I personally would not use it until it is allowed to charge money for work.

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
I agree that this would be a useful idea, seeing how requests/offers section has become hard to navigate, in a sense that majority of people offer services without any examples.

I think this store should allow keeping a users gallery/portfolio instead of just putting listings of templates like you said. Allowing trusted members to charge money should be allowed by default too, or at least when it is possible to judge who is trusted enough (just like you said it should be kept between partners and freedom wouldn't take responsibility for transactions) because if that is not an option then it would not be appealing to higher quality artists who do need to charge for the time spent.

I am also assuming this would have some kind of reputation system, it only makes sense to have it and possibly feature highly rated artists.

If all of this is done then I believe it would be appealing for both the artist and person looking to get art. Though I personally would not use it until it is allowed to charge money for work.

well the system i'm looking at would allow sellers to have a profile/rating and the "product" to have a profile/rating so there is a reputation system built in with voting 1-5 stars and we would set rules forcing artists to show their catalog or "portfolio" as well.

Reactions: Hail Kira

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
well the system i'm looking at would allow sellers to have a profile/rating and the "product" to have a profile/rating so there is a reputation system built in with voting 1-5 stars and we would set rules forcing artists to show their catalog or "portfolio" as well.
I guess that does make sense, would have to see it implemented to say anything else, but for now I'm voting for this idea :)

Reactions: Anthony Smith

CarbonMeister

Call Of Duty YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
Sounds like a excellent idea with so many people out there just stealing templates and making profit off of them having a place specifically for Freedom Family to go and make a simple purchase with trusted GFX individuals sounds great :) Would love to see this come soon!

ApexFrisk

Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Nottinghamshire
YouTube
I think this is a great idea, just recently i was looking for a place to setup a website but just didn't know how, so this would help all gfx creators.

PGO Maddog (Thomas)

Freedom! Member
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!
I would love that. It sounds like a great Idea. I do my own but have been told they are not to great so I would love to see what else can be done or maybe get some help with mine. Thank you

AngelPandaz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 27, 2015
YouTube
DarkAngelPandaz
I would love that idea! :p
It would be a great way to see what the graphics designer's former art is so people would know what they are paying for and what kind of art that person does as an example so they know what to choose from and thats the way it would help the costumers and for the artists and designers out there it would help with showing what they can do and get more costumers :D
ofc this would also have its bad things aswell but yea lets get to the point...
Anyways my point count me in!

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Freedom would not be getting any % from the sales made trough this "store", as Anthony has said freedom would not handle transactions, they would be between artist and buyer only.
That would make scamming easy, wouldn't it? Like, don't get me wrong, you can easily scam someone for their money on PayPal by filing a chargeback...

graphics guy

Rising User
Mar 28, 2016
That would make scamming easy, wouldn't it? Like, don't get me wrong, you can easily scam someone for their money on PayPal by filing a chargeback...
Freedom is most known to have the highest integrity and honesty when it comes to money

graphics guy

Rising User
Mar 28, 2016
The payments aren't handled by freedom there though, that's why I'm worried.
yes i know but according to recent studies (preformed by me and other youtubers) that sell graphics) freedom has the most honest customers than any other network we have sold on

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
yes i know but according to recent studies (preformed by me and other youtubers) that sell graphics) freedom has the most honest customers than any other network we have sold on
All in all it's still only a matter of trust, though when it comes to money in a place that can be accessed by anyone (a public shop) there will 100% be some people that rip someone off...

Status
Not open for further replies.