Status
Not open for further replies.

Scary Stevo

New User
Feb 2, 2016
I'd like to thank the following users for their input.

We have committed to trying this out. We have purchased a piece of software that promises to do everything we need however there will be delays. In an attempt to be transparent about this i'll discuss the issues here.

• We have to learn how the darn thing works
    • We have to create guides for all of you, set up rules, etc.
    • We have to learn it's limitations
  • We have to research if this will REALLY fit our needs... or if it's going to cause more issues than it solves
    • Maybe the platform will cause more moderator involvement which is bad
    • Maybe it does not work as expected which will lead to bad stuff like us abandoning the idea
  • Does it work with all of our other plugins?
  • Can we take all of your feedback into account to provide a safer and better way of meeting common needs and wants?
So even though we've committed to the software purchase I need to be very VERY up front that it may still take some time, and it still mat not happen at all.

Please now feel free to go back to writing fan fiction about George touching my shoulder.

Hey! I'm a GFX artist and would love to do free art for the freedom! Family for promotion in return. I don't post speed arts of the banners mostly because my channel isn't in that criteria. If I am chosen for the team, I will make sure to get arts done quickly and as high quality as possible so that the customer will be happy. I will also make a second channel with tutorials on how to make banners and speed arts of the banners I've made for the freedom! Family. I hope I can join the team soon it looks fun and I really wanna help other fellow youtubers out :)

HeavenDreamzy

New User
May 23, 2014
YouTube
I'm up for doing a GFX team It helps everyone grow..That's what this family is for!
Also xD can anyone tell me if there's a way to change your username on here? I signed up with Freedom YEARS ago and The Heaven part is no longer needed in my name since I'm on with the group of content creators i was with

RowboHD

Rising User
Mar 30, 2016
England
YouTube

We have committed to trying this out. We have purchased a piece of software that promises to do everything we need however there will be delays. In an attempt to be transparent about this i'll discuss the issues here.

• We have to research if this will REALLY fit our needs... or if it's going to cause more issues than it solves
    • Maybe it does not work as expected which will lead to bad stuff like us abandoning the idea
  • Can we take all of your feedback into account to provide a safer and better way of meeting common needs and wants?
So even though we've committed to the software purchase I need to be very VERY up front that it may still take some time, and it still mat not happen at all.

Please now feel free to go back to writing fan fiction about George touching my shoulder.
I would be willing to do some graphics, tutorials etc. I took a course on photoshop so I think I would be good for it :D

DARK LIGHT12

New User
May 24, 2016
I think there should be a GFX team to be able to create banners,thumbnails and branding because there are people who don't know who to do it or not able to so it is a good idea for volunteering.

I am willing to do this to help everyone as much as I can.

Christian Castaneda

Rising User
Mar 2, 2016
I would like this to happen, I would like to help do banners, profile pictures and anything else. I am willing to not charge at first but then charge people really cheap, 25 cents or something like that. Doing it free will help me create my portfolio so I can get a real job in the graphic business.

KIMoFy

New User
Freedom! Member
Oct 16, 2015
YouTube

I would love to be a part of the GFX/VFX team! I have made graphic designs for YouTubers with over 10,000 subscribers and am willing to make graphic designs for free and on demand. I appreciate that Freedom! is doing this to help designers grow, but the extra promotion wouldn't be necessary. I currently use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Adobe Lightroom (all CC 2015) to make my designs. @Anthony Smith Please reply of you think I would be a good fit to the GFX/VFX team.

**Portfolio available upon request**

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
I love to take part. note, I have not done this in a long time but I think it is good for me. beside I wasting my art skill by doing nothing. doing this and having people enjoy will be a lot of fun :) not asking for money but just to do it as a hobby!

Dman431 Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
YouTube
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!
I think its a great idea, it would help a lot of people grow there brand and there content. Plus it would be great for people who don't have photoshop to make thumbnails and banners to use the creators art for there channel banner and logo.

DvApps

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 14, 2015
YouTube

I would love to be part of the team! I make free graphics for my subscriers.

Mythical Geek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 23, 2016
United States
YouTube
Yes @Allegro1225 is right an artist can sell lisences seperately one for visual and one for music. my advice is to look for a similar track from youtubes built in library here or from one of our music partners like @Position Music and save a couple bucks
can I be a member of the GFX team I would like to make things for people for one piece which is credit for the work i do

HyperLabs

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 22, 2015
YouTube
ItsJackLads
I'd love a place to be able to put my Templates and custom designs for users to download and use no matter if there is a cost or not I think that a public shop would be great and give a lot of channels the opportunity to download some amazing high quality art. The only issue I can see is if it gets into a paid position then a lot of scamming could take place.

HyperLabs

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 22, 2015
YouTube
ItsJackLads

Id be really interested in this

Status
Not open for further replies.