Is Cod Dead / Dying

TheProLagger

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 23, 2015
YouTube
So I seen DramaAlert uploaded a video, I watched it and looks like he wants to bring back the cod community. What's your opinion about CoD? Is BO3 going to revive it?

sorry for any spelling / grammar errors is late at the time I am writing this.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
COD still has a big fan base but for it to come every year is a bit much at the moment. But truth be told the only thing i'm interested in for Black Ops 3 is the oldskool Zombies mode wich is why i think this game will hit home. Many fans from the Zombies mode are getting what they were waiting for and so COD will probably go sky high again like it does each year.

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
@TheProLagger I have removed the part of your post concerning the collab and you linking your channel. We do not allow that in this section. This is a Discussion area only. You may use the Collaboration or Advertise Your Content section for those things. I have added some content to the post to get discussion going. Feel free to add anything else in the post besides something pertaining to collaboration or advertisement.

Now my opinion,

I played the BO3 beta on both Xbone and PC. I liked it. It had a new style that correlated most with BO2, the last more liked game.

I don't like it, not all all. Please let it die already or play single player.

So because you don't like it it should die? That makes zero sense. Do not buy the game. That's a real solution.

COD still has a big fan base but for it to come every year is a bit much at the moment. But truth be told the only thing i'm interested in for Black Ops 3 is the oldskool Zombies mode wich is why i think this game will hit home. Many fans from the Zombies mode are getting what they were waiting for and so COD will probably go sky high again like it does each year.

The multiplayer beta was pretty awesome tbh. I'll get it for PC come December when I'm on winter break.

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

Nikooohz

New User
i think cod died after black ops 1.. actually cod4 was the best call of duty game for me. i still play it on pc. world at war & mw2 were awesome too.. black ops 1 was good but not that good.. mw3 was the last call of duty i bought. for me call of duty died on mw3 being so bad. i still haven't seen it get better lol. only worse every year, just like assassins creed :p

Draco986

Sep 19, 2015
UK
YouTube
COD, although it sells alot, for me it is outdated. Almost same mechanics and same gameplay. I tried to give it a chance with AW but just couldnt get into it. Black Ops 1 was the one i enjoyed playing alot. But with its yearly release much like Assassins creed series I feel it is hard to keep up

Sacky

Freedom! Member
Jun 10, 2015
Ireland
YouTube
OldSacky
I've never thought COD as a bad game in terms of gameplay but it's just become saturated with annual releases and the fanbase isn't great,frankly I'd like to see the games die off for a while or just ease up on releasing every year,make it every 2-3 years instead

Reactions: TheProLagger

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
In my opinion, I think the Call of Duty franchise is dying. I'm not a big CoD player anyways, but I sure loved Modern Warfare 2 (I still play it on my PS3). It's also evident that CoD games have been losing sales too. I think if they just revamped Modern Warfare 2 (the best CoD game IMO), they could potentially bounce back up. They should just stick to making the best of their classic games, instead of trying to be innovative. They sure added a lot more mechanics to their games. I'm not too fond of it but that's just my opinion. I think CoD was best during the MW2 days, I'll never forget those days :p

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
I have been playing call of duty for ages and to me AW is crap with the exos but I had the time to play the BO3 beta and it was amazing , it was like black ops 2 and it was really really good and I think it has a very high chance of bringing alot of the COD players back and with the old school zombies being there again I think it will it will bring alot of players back for that to , overall I think alot of players do come back to call of duty when they first get released but keeping them there for the whole time is hard but I think that black ops 3 might pull it off as its looking great

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
Cod just doens really interest me the perk system is something I will never like, the single player is just way too short and the multiplayer doesnt interest me. Now if it should/ will die I think not. Cod still has a place but they need to inovate more otherwise it will continue to lose players.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It is actually unfortunate that Call of Duty is still alive as an annual release title. Anyone who's anyone that plays the game will play the story one time to get the feel of the game and then spend the next 1000 hours playing repetitive online matches in the same format as the last game.

It should be dying, but some black magic is keeping it afloat.

DeadAimGold

Rising User
Apr 7, 2015
USA
YouTube
I played it during the PS4 beta and I think that it could use a lot of tweaking, but it has the potential of being one of the best CODs in a long time.[DOUBLEPOST=1443387679][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've never thought COD as a bad game in terms of gameplay but it's just become saturated with annual releases and the fanbase isn't great,frankly I'd like to see the games die off for a while or just ease up on releasing every year,make it every 2-3 years instead
Yeah, I agree[DOUBLEPOST=1443387774][/DOUBLEPOST]
i think cod died after black ops 1.. actually cod4 was the best call of duty game for me. i still play it on pc. world at war & mw2 were awesome too.. black ops 1 was good but not that good.. mw3 was the last call of duty i bought. for me call of duty died on mw3 being so bad. i still haven't seen it get better lol. only worse every year, just like assassins creed :p
I still enjoy COD but they need to stop adding all these new movement systems. I'm okay with sliding from Ghosts though[DOUBLEPOST=1443387873][/DOUBLEPOST]
COD, although it sells alot, for me it is outdated. Almost same mechanics and same gameplay. I tried to give it a chance with AW but just couldnt get into it. Black Ops 1 was the one i enjoyed playing alot. But with its yearly release much like Assassins creed series I feel it is hard to keep up
They just need more guns so we don't get bored so fast

Last edited:

RedX Gamer

Rising User
Mar 13, 2015
India
YouTube
RedX_Gamer
As judging from aw its dead ,but games like Bo2,mw3 and mw2 nevr dies. So COD is well and alive.
Now for Bo3 from my opinion is gonna rock,as its match making is as faster as bo2.

Cold Ransom

Rising User
Oct 3, 2015
Georgia, United States
YouTube
Call of Duty is still--very much-- alive. Black Ops 3 won't necessarily be the "revival" of Call of Duty, as much as the innovator. Call of Duty is a HUGE title as it is, but with the implications of the Call of Duty World league, Activision is taking Call of Duty eSports to a GLOBAL level! I personally can't wait for the World League myself! If you haven't heard about it, I encourage you to read about it below! :)
http://charlieintel.com/black-ops-3-esports/