Community Is there a series you made that should have ended earlier than it did?

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
There are two that stand out the most to me: Waking Mars and Stellar Fox.

I used to always feel an obligation to complete a game once I've started it. But about halfway or so through Waking Mars, I started getting bored of the game. And I know that when I get bored, my commentary gets less interesting and less... existent. There tend to be large amounts of nothing being said. I end up just saying random stuff just as an excuse to say something. All because I'm no longer having fun with the game.

This is exactly why I quit after 4 videos of Hollow Knight, well, mainly because someone on Twitter told me that I shouldn't feel obligated to continue the game. So I've gotten into the habit of quitting when I'm bored, because what fun that would be to watch, huh?

As for Stellar Fox, I should have ended my series on Part 14, but it went on to be 25 videos long, and I was getting tired of playing the game. So while I did end it before completing the challenge mode, I should have ended it much earlier than that.

I probably should have stopped playing Happy Wheels after Season 1, because despite having fun in every episode I made, they were getting fewer and fewer views as the series went on for 160 episodes in total. Plus, Happy Wheels had already been played to death before I even joined YouTube.

Reactions: LW

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I can't really think of a series I should have stopped earlier, some were a bit of a pain doing, but that was really down to me rather than anything. One I wish I would have finished was my Resident Evil 4 walkthrough, as I accidentally deleted the clips needed to finish it off, and I was around 30 minutes from the end of the game. Whilst I love the game (if you couldn't already tell) I wasn't going to go through the whole game again just to capture 30 minutes of footage

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I can't really think of a series I should have stopped earlier, some were a bit of a pain doing, but that was really down to me rather than anything. One I wish I would have finished was my Resident Evil 4 walkthrough, as I accidentally deleted the clips needed to finish it off, and I was around 30 minutes from the end of the game. Whilst I love the game (if you couldn't already tell) I wasn't going to go through the whole game again just to capture 30 minutes of footage
When you delete stuff, they usually go to the Recycle Bin, don't they?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
When you delete stuff, they usually go to the Recycle Bin, don't they?
Yeah normally but I wasn't smart and emptied that before realising it was in there. Then I tried to recover it but I couldn't. Never mind, serves me right

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
The one I can think of is my Elder Scrolls Total War campaign where I played as the Aldmeri Dominion. It got to a point when I was unable to make progress because my enemies were over powered.
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a series you made that lasted longer than it should have. Like if you are bored of a game, but you keep playing anyway, when you really should just stop. Or if a series gets less popular as you make more videos of it, but you're still making videos after the popularity has already died down. That's kind of what I'm talking about.