YouTube Issue with copyright claim

Carl D

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 29, 2020
YouTube
So I had my outro get copyright claimed I gave full credit and for some odd reason it was claimed and this is the first time that this has happen and I have been using the same song for a while is this normal?

F! Ian

Administrator
Administrator
Apr 25, 2018
Hey, Carl. Where did you get the music? Sounds like either the rights owner just recently uploaded the reference file for the song or it was claimed manually. I suggest you give Freedom!'s Music Factory a try to see if there's anything you can use for your outro. Those are guaranteed free from claims or strikes forever, just make sure you credit it as per the instructions. https://www.musicfactory.tm/

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
After a bit of research they claim videos but say they release the claims once you dispute them:
In order to combat & prevent fake claims, we have decided to enable Content ID. All content creator will still be able to use & monetize except the content creator will need to dispute each claim. You will get a claim from my distributor “Repost Network” or “The District”. Please dispute the claim with this code: “I have properly credited Magic Records on my video.” The claim will be released within 1-2 days and you can monetize the video yourself. Also, you won’t lose any revenue that’s made between the claim and the release. YouTube holds it in an escrow account for you.

Sources and more information:
As Ian mentioned above you might want to find a new source for your music like the music Freedom! offers if you don't want to appeal claims all the time and risk licenses changing.

Carl D

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 29, 2020
YouTube
Hey, Carl. Where did you get the music? Sounds like either the rights owner just recently uploaded the reference file for the song or it was claimed manually. I suggest you give Freedom!'s Music Factory a try to see if there's anything you can use for your outro. Those are guaranteed free from claims or strikes forever, just make sure you credit it as per the instructions. https://www.musicfactory.tm/
it was from ncs no copy right channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1608348521][/DOUBLEPOST]thank you for the tip @LWOO1