Official March Forum Contest - $100+ Worth of Prizes!

Will you be entering in this contest?

• Yes of course!

Votes: 68 72.3%
  • No, but maybe the next one!

Votes: 26 27.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Well here's my entry to the contest, I feel I can't make it much better than this. Note the video for the thumbnail won't be out for 3-7 days as I've only just finished recording it. But its for a Dishonored video of me trying to get High chaos achievements when I've only played that game on Low chaos stealth up until now. (EDIT: Video is up now)​

Updated 26th March :), had a channel thumbnail design change

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashley SilverDust

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
Well here's my entry to the contest, I feel I can't make it much better than this. Note the video for the thumbnail won't be out for 3-7 days as I've only just finished recording it. But its for a Dishonored video of me trying to get High chaos achievements when I've only played that game on Low chaos stealth up until now.​

Good thumbnail and branding it's very clear and colourful good job

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
I could make a joke entry but my thumbnails are too bad so I'll just watch the thread and get five free credits.

You might as well try, make it harder for us to decide the winner!
As Koala said, there is no harm in trying.

this is what i like to see a contest where everyone can enter i hope lots and lots of peeps will enter and maybe help each other get better thumbnails ;)
awesome contest keep it up also koala you made a typo you typed you had lost of fun i think it should be lots of fun ;)

Why don't you try and join in then? Maybe you could help others by showing your own?

Can we enter with Clickbait ? lol
I'll do it later

Go ahead, as long as it is appropriate and it is a thumbnail, what's stopping you?

Nice contest, my thumbnails are all the same apart from the text of the piano covers, this is to reflect my taste in minimalistic music so I don't think I'd stand a good chance of winning. I might put one of my better ones on though! :)

~Piano Uncovered

My thumbnails are terrible, but you might as well try, there is three prizes to be won and I can agree with Koala that the forum team has some weird taste when it comes to GFX.

No, I am not doing this. My thumbnail skills probably hit rock bottom and besides photoshop is not working on my computer

Like the other people, there is no harm in trying, I am terrible at making thumbnails and you could use a free software known as Paint.NET. More entries, harder for us. Bring it on!

already masking my characters. this is my kind of contest :3

Can't wait :)

Hmm... looks interesting for me. I don't know if i make my best thumbnail for this contest. :v

Any thumbnail, doesn't matter. At least make it harder for us by joining in! :)

Marcus Walker

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 31, 2014
Canada
YouTube
February Contest Winner

Hey Freedom! Family, congrats to our February contest winners winners. We all had lost of fun reading these, it was very hard to choose the winners with only a few votes between them!
1st place $50 cash prize @Korbin
Also steam game Flix and Chill... because you know valentines day and all that :)
2nd place $30 Steam game key Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide @TaylorGames
3rd place $20 Steam game key for Ryse: Son of Rome @HealPleaseHeal

March Contest!
All thumbs!

Details for the March contest
We are going back to the basics, this is something that all YouTubes have created and thought about, yes that's right it's thumbnails.... The image kind, not the ones on the end of your thumbs sort!

We want you to put your best thumbnail forward. We will only be judging one, so make sure it's your best. Also it must be included on your channel (it can't be one you have made for someone else).

The thumbnail will be judged on:
  • How clickable it is, does it draw your attention and make the viewer want to click it?
  • How it relates to the video, it should be clear from the thumbnail what the video will be and what's included in it.
  • Does it scale well, it may look amazing when it is blown up full scale, but if you have half the writings of Shakespeare on a tiny thumbnail it's going to be quite hard for the viewer to read. Don't over complicate it!

IMPORTANT

To qualify for this contest, make sure you follow these:

• Must be a Freedom partner and have the Purple Freedom! Partner Badge to be eligible for the prizes.
  • Reply to this thread with the image of the thumbnail. Do not just post a video link. You can choose to post the full scale, the small version as seen on YouTube or both, long as it's the same image.
  • It must be your own, copying one off the internet or someone else will get you disqualified!

Prizes
We are having a total of 3 winners! The winner of this month’s contest will receive $50 in cash, 2nd and 3rd, $50 worth of steam game keys distributed between them. More prizes may be given out depending on the amount and quality of entries.

The forum team look forward to your entries. Best of luck to everyone!
Deadline for the contest is the 27th of March, results posted around the 5th of April.
Does the thumbnail have to be used on your channel? I try not to use thumbnails instead i use a pic of what actually happened in the video instead of trying to make click bait.

Der Sky

Respected User
Freedom! Member

After a long time... (I searched my best thumbnails but the best ones are not family friendly :'( ) and now I post this one:

Used as thumbnails for this Video
7 Month old (so now specially created for this contest)
Family friendly
Its "Special" - not a rectangle xD (+recognition value) (Dont copy! xD)
Thumbnail tells the user that my video is about the Marina Joyce Topic - and yes the video is about
Partner Badge

"Entführung" means "kidnapping"
If you need the 1920x1080px Thumbnail, just tell me :)

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube

After a long time... (I searched my best thumbnails but the best ones are not family friendly :'( ) and now I post this one:

Used as thumbnails for this Video
7 Month old (so now specially created for this contest)
Family friendly
Its "Special" - not a rectangle xD (+recognition value) (Dont copy! xD)
Thumbnail tells the user that my video is about the Marina Joyce Topic - and yes the video is about
Partner Badge

"Entführung" means "kidnapping"
If you need the 1920x1080px Thumbnail, just tell me :)

Perfectly fine, thanks for the entry @Der Sky

Reactions: Der Sky

RedRobins.UK

Respected User
Freedom! Member
in the middle of editing this video but i have the thumbnail i hope this still counts. 100% my work apart from the plain PNG explosion and the official game logo which i then loaded with effects. if you need confirmation it's mine because the video hasn't released and may actually release in May. then heres the link to my website with it featured there. http://www.redrobins.uk/thumbnails/

EDIT: video is now uploaded so it counts. here it is:
ghost recon wildlands thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

Marcus Walker

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 31, 2014
Canada
YouTube