Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Freedom! Community,

For the previous two years I've been blessed with the opportunity to work with the Forum Team to build a platform for this amazing community of creators. Throughout my time here, I've met many amazing people; staff, partners, and members alike. Working here, I've also learned many things that are invaluable to me. It has truly been a priceless experience working with the Freedom! Community.

Which is why I regret to announce that I will no longer be working in Freedom!. This is due to personal reasons that I've been contemplating for a really long time, but I think it has now time for me to move on, so I filed my resignation at the beginning of June. I will be stepping down as Forum Director as of July.

If this news concerns you, it really shouldn't! The Forum Team is still here and will continue serve the community, and there are already new admins trained and ready to take over my roles. It will be a great opportunity for the community to see a new side of the Forum Team.

Onto the good news
  • The popular and widely requested night/dark theme is ready!
    Special thanks to Carmen, our GFX designer for helping us pick the colour scheme and for the banner (she also made the current banner on the main theme!)
    To use the new night theme, scroll down to the bottom of the forum while being signed in, and open the theme drop-down menu, then choose "Freedom! Overhauled Dark".

See screenshot below!
    Screenshot_1.png

• Badges have been improved!
    Technically they're called banners now (ever since a maintenance that happened earlier.) They have a whole new look to them! Most of the banners have been updated aesthetically, most notably the Partner Banner. Consider this a parting gift! They are subject to minor changes.
    Partner.png

• Trophies are returning slowly!
    Currently there are two trophies, one that is 5 points awarded to participants of the 2016 May the 4th event and one 10 points for all previously featured designers (like we promised!) There will be more in the future but trophies in this new system will be a lot harder to earn, making them more prestigious.

• Some other projects have been partially/mostly developed and are pending!
    If all goes well, you will see some really cool things on the forum in the near future!
Swan Song

This is my last official thread, as far as I am concerned. So I fell that it's important to take this opportunity to express my gratitude which I owe to @Ernest and @McGahan for helping me get to where I am now, to the Forum Team for being there for me this whole time, to the staff members whom I've collaborated with, and most importantly to you; the community for being so friendly and enthusiastic.

I will continue to visit the forum occasionally, however if you need to get a hold of me then please visit my social networks in my signature.

Well, so long and thanks for all the fish!

Most sincerely,

41Danny1

Last edited:

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
I wish you all the best for the road ahead. You are a great person and have always gone out of your way to make the whole freedom experience better.
I would like to personally thank you on behalf of the Showcase One Media Team and I'm sure all the other members appreciate your efforts.
All the best,
Showcase One Media Team

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
I wish you all the best for the road ahead. You are a great person and have always gone out of your way to make the whole freedom experience better.
I would like to personally thank you on behalf of the Showcase One Media Team and I'm sure all the other members appreciate your efforts.
All the best,
Showcase One Media Team
Thanks @Showcase One Media, really appreciate the kind words! :) It's the little things like these that make the whole thing memorable.

SheepDreams

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 16, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Sheep_Dreams
Freedom! Community,

For the previous two years I've been blessed with the opportunity to work with the Forum Team to build a platform for this amazing community of creators. Throughout my time here, I've met many amazing people; staff, partners, and members alike. Working here, I've also learned many things that are invaluable to me. It has truly been a priceless experience working with the Freedom! Community.

Which is why I regret to announce that I will no longer be working in Freedom!. This is due to personal reasons that I've been contemplating for a really long time, but I think it has now time for me to move on, so I filed my resignation at the beginning of June. I will be stepping down as Forum Director as of August.

If this news concerns you, it really shouldn't! The Forum Team is still here and will continue serve the community, and there are already new admins trained and ready to take over my roles. It will be a great opportunity for the community to see a new side of the Forum Team.

Onto the good news
    Special thanks to Carmen, our GFX designer for helping us pick the colour scheme and for the banner (she also made the current banner on the main theme!)
    To use the new night theme, scroll down to the bottom of the forum while being signed in, and open the theme drop-down menu, then choose "Freedom! Overhauled Dark".

See screenshot below!
    View attachment 16144

Technically they're called banners now (ever since a maintenance that happened earlier.) They have a whole new look to them! Most of the banners have been updated aesthetically, most notably being the Partner Banner. Consider this a parting gift! They are subject to minor changes.
    View attachment 16145

If all goes well, you will see some really cool things on the forum in the near future!
Swan Song

This is my last official thread, as far as I am concerned. So I fell that it's important to take this opportunity to express my gratitude which I owe to @Ernest and @McGahan for getting me to where I am now, to the Forum Team for being there for me this whole time, to the staff members whom I've collaborated with, and most importantly to you; the community for being so friendly and enthusiastic.

I will continue to visit the forum occasionally, however if you need to get a hold of me then please view my social networks in my signature.

Most sincerely,

41Danny1
Thanks for being admin mate. Take care and i hope you will find what your truly looking for. Best of luck! ^_^

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
I will miss you Senpai :(
I'll miss all of you so much, but we'll stay in touch! :)
Can remember back when you interviewed me for my mod position, been great working with you all this time! Will miss you and I'm sure the forums will too ;(

Don't worry though, I'm sure I'll continue to bug you every time I break the forums though :D Good luck and I'm sure you will be OK with your future work and projects to come!
Haha yes I remember that! So glad you made it into the Forum Team, I'm sure you'll be the admin this community deserves. :D
Wish you the best of luck @Danny but it is sad to see you go, will miss you around the forums :(
Oh, I'll still be around @TwilightPrinze! :)

U

User.123120

Freedom! Community,

Which is why I regret to announce that I will no longer be working in Freedom!. This is due to personal reasons that I've been contemplating for a really long time, but I think it has now time for me to move on, so I filed my resignation at the beginning of June. I will be stepping down as Forum Director as of July.

Onto the good news

See screenshot below!
    View attachment 16144

Technically they're called banners now (ever since a maintenance that happened earlier.) They have a whole new look to them! Most of the banners have been updated aesthetically, most notably being the Partner Banner. Consider this a parting gift! They are subject to minor changes.
    View attachment 16145

• Trophies are returning slowly!
    Currently there are two trophies, one that is 5 points awarded to participants of the 2016 May the 4th event and one 10 points for all previously featured designers (like we promised!) There will be more in the future but trophies in this new system will be a lot harder to earn, making them more prestigious.

Swan Song

This is my last official thread, as far as I am concerned. So I fell that it's important to take this opportunity to express my gratitude which I owe to @Ernest and @McGahan for helping me get to where I am now, to the Forum Team for being there for me this whole time, to the staff members whom I've collaborated with, and most importantly to you; the community for being so friendly and enthusiastic.

I will continue to visit the forum occasionally, however if you need to get a hold of me then please visit my social networks in my signature.

Most sincerely,

41Danny1

:'( Good luck

Reactions: Danny