Request Need a critique of my channel, maybe some niche advice

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Try updating your avatar and/or banner. They don't look too consistant or appealing, especially with how to tell viewers what your channel is from a single very quick glance. Your avatar is actually fine but I would suggest working on/drafting a banner that tells viewers quickly what your channel is about, since it mostly seems to be food besides some general vague tech and life stuff. Also work on thumbnails, not many of your thumbnails areall are very appealing.

I would suggest getting Photoshop or using Photopea if you prefer something free, to practice making banners, avatars and especially thumbnails. You could watch PewdiePie's thumbnail tutorial if you want to know how to make thumbnails look good but also to learn Photoshop's layout.

Get rid of the sub4sub in your channel about! That's a huge nono and is even against the rules in YouTube's terms of service. Make your about a better. Doesn't tell people much. Maybe try telling people your background (such as industry/vocation), how you came into YouTube, what content you like to upload, what times you try to maintain uploads (or even days like Mon/Fri work instead of super specific like Fridays and Tuesdays on 12:00 noon) would help loads with your channel.

KnightHunter Studios

Creating films since 2011
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
To start with, you have a really consistent channel-style, and what I mean by that is you have a good duration/length of videos, and you have a really good set of videos on different topics, etc.!
However, to just bump the consistency up I would suggest maybe having thumbnails that correlate to your channel? So, for instance, adding a channel logo in to make sure people know it is YOUR channel?
Apart from that, you are doing really well and I hope you continue to strive for your YouTube goals!