Chris Carruthers

Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
Canada
www.patreon.com
YouTube
igame2015
Hey guys,

Obviously I'm not looking to keep my channel this way, but I wanted an overall opinion here.

I record my voice separately right now for my YouTube videos because of Mic quality. I'm getting a new mic, and a new desk, but for now it's not possible.

In the meantime, I made a playlist for "RAW" gameplay footage for Fallout 4 with the intention of going back later and recording a voice over.

My subscribers went from single digits to 23 in a week, and someone donated $2 to me during that time.

Is there a market for RAW footage? Would it be beneficial to upload 2 copies of my videos (for game developers that allow it) - 1 for my RAW footage fans and 1 with the voiceover included?

Wouldn't be a big deal to mute the mic in the capture and record voice with a separate program, but I don't see any channels that do this (not that I looked hard) and wasn't sure if I'm just seeing something that's not there, or if I'm tapping into something.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Given your channel, it is highly unlikely that you'll have subscriber retention if you've got no voiceover. However, what you could do is open up a second channel and post some raw footage, something about 5-10 minutes of simply the best sequences that happened in your recording session. You could market this second channel as free background footage for people who do news videos or drama videos or something else that requires something for the viewer to look at in the background.

Chris Carruthers

Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
Canada
www.patreon.com
YouTube
igame2015
Given your channel, it is highly unlikely that you'll have subscriber retention if you've got no voiceover. However, what you could do is open up a second channel and post some raw footage, something about 5-10 minutes of simply the best sequences that happened in your recording session. You could market this second channel as free background footage for people who do news videos or drama videos or something else that requires something for the viewer to look at in the background.

Not a bad idea.

I'll happily move those videos into a new channel once Freedom finishes approving me (and then approve the new channel) for RAW footage. I'll probably want to do the same thing with the tech videos.

I am eventually going to take it all and make a commented story video series, but I need to finish the game first.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Not a bad idea.

I'll happily move those videos into a new channel once Freedom finishes approving me (and then approve the new channel) for RAW footage. I'll probably want to do the same thing with the tech videos.

I am eventually going to take it all and make a commented story video series, but I need to finish the game first.

I would personally go for the two-channel approach. On your main channel, do a mix of tech and gaming until you really figure out which one has more potential for you to earn greater viewerships, then make videos around that such as 3 videos tech, 1 gaming because the tech is a more popular type of content for you to create. But still keep the raw to its own channel as there is essentially no entertainment value in the raw footage unless it's the most epic fight scene there is.

Chris Carruthers

Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
Canada
www.patreon.com
YouTube
igame2015
I would personally go for the two-channel approach. On your main channel, do a mix of tech and gaming until you really figure out which one has more potential for you to earn greater viewerships, then make videos around that such as 3 videos tech, 1 gaming because the tech is a more popular type of content for you to create. But still keep the raw to its own channel as there is essentially no entertainment value in the raw footage unless it's the most epic fight scene there is.

I'll go that route. Seems like it would be the better way to go.