YouTube RE: Important updates to the YouTube Partner Program

Stelgim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
Norway
www.stelgim.com
YouTube
It killed me when I heard about it when I just completed the monetizing for 10,000 views.
For 1000 subs I guess it will take year

I feel for you when hitting the goal, and a new one is announced. Although about the hitting 1k subs, it really depends on a few things, sometimes it can take a year or sometimes longer. Let's hope for it to not take that long for you.

nologic

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 25, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
eyelogix
I guess this is the end for my part even thou I had some real life issues, I seriously doubt I will continue with YouTube. Twitch might be hard, but my guess it will be worth it once I have home.

My channel will remain, but my content is still meh.

iJim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
iJimUK
I see SO many people complaining that their channel is now dead, and that they won't be making content anymore. Let's be honest. If this truly ends your channels. Then you were doing Youtube for the wrong reasons. Many of you, including myself were making peanuts, and in all honesty your focus should be your viewers and community. I don't care about how much money I make as long as I can crack a smile on someones face each day. That's my focus. So in all honesty think to yourselves why you are so upset over this and why you're ending your channel, cause for many I'm pretty sure they believe the focus is on them and no one else.

Sorry if this message sounded rude, I don't mean it to be. But the realization that Youtube is not a quick-money grab needs to be clarified.
Just like any company, organization, actor or anything that's famous, work needs to be put into it.

I couldn't agree with you more, as long as I make even one persons day just that little bit better, then I am happy.
As Alli says in the YouTube Vlogumentary trailer
"If you can turn on the camera for one minute and make a connection with just one person, youre a YouTuber". This is why I do it[DOUBLEPOST=1516308466][/DOUBLEPOST]
looks like im up Sh!t creek with out a paddle "(

If that is the case, why dont you vlog it? Thre is a;ways something that can be done, Papa George uploaded a video today where he said that Freeedom is looking ito ways where those of us who do not meet the requirements can still make some revenue.. if we need it

The Vlog News

New User
Dec 18, 2017
YouTube
#FreedomFamily, Hi
My God, why are you doing this?
I struggled so much with the channel, the monetization will be turned off, since I only have 325 subscribers, besides that I will lose the shipping schedule too, people of freedom are all counting on you, because there are great producers.

att
Dante.S.Kennedy

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
#FreedomFamily, Hi
My God, why are you doing this?
I struggled so much with the channel, the monetization will be turned off, since I only have 325 subscribers, besides that I will lose the shipping schedule too, people of freedom are all counting on you, because there are great producers.

att
Dante.S.Kennedy
This isn't Freedom!'s doing, neither can they do something against it. If they could they would, they don't want to lose channels to this either.

Reactions: The Vlog News

l2pmcraft

New User
Jan 19, 2018
YouTube
Hey #FreedomFamily,

At this point, you've probably already heard of the changes to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). And in case you haven't, here are the main points:

Under the new eligibility requirements announced today, the new threshold to be in YPP and have access to all monetization tools and features is 4,000 hours of watchtime within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers.

Creators need to surpass this threshold in the next 30 days. Failure to do so results in losing your access to YPP. For our partners who have reached this threshold, you have nothing to worry about as this change will not affect you, your partnership and channel.

For everyone else, we want to address the fact that this is not Freedom!'s doing at all, just in case this part is not clear. We would not build this business just to kill it. As to what we are planning, honestly, we are looking at ways we can maintain the amazing relationships with all our partners through the community and possibly figure out ways of offering certain services. We are working on plans to maintain our relationships even if the channels are not partnered any longer. Rest assured that this is our number one priority and please be patient with us. We will be releasing our plans once we have them agreed upon across the leadership.
Hmm...I think that I will be trying very hard to accomplish the new rule...let's help each other grow together as a Family as George said! Everything will be great!! Thanks everyone here...!

varnation

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 25, 2017
YouTube
Hey #FreedomFamily,

At this point, you've probably already heard of the changes to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). And in case you haven't, here are the main points:

Under the new eligibility requirements announced today, the new threshold to be in YPP and have access to all monetization tools and features is 4,000 hours of watchtime within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers.

Creators need to surpass this threshold in the next 30 days. Failure to do so results in losing your access to YPP. For our partners who have reached this threshold, you have nothing to worry about as this change will not affect you, your partnership and channel.

For everyone else, we want to address the fact that this is not Freedom!'s doing at all, just in case this part is not clear. We would not build this business just to kill it. As to what we are planning, honestly, we are looking at ways we can maintain the amazing relationships with all our partners through the community and possibly figure out ways of offering certain services. We are working on plans to maintain our relationships even if the channels are not partnered any longer. Rest assured that this is our number one priority and please be patient with us. We will be releasing our plans once we have them agreed upon across the leadership.
Thank you for the information. Looking forward to hearing more.

Haeria

Spam Buster
Administrator
Staff Member
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
While YouTube may be be removing small channels from their partnership program, we shouldn't lose hope. Even if you lose your partnership, you will still have the community and friends you've made along the way. Build one another up, and have fun with it!

Reactions: LW

ChiaLai

New User
Jan 19, 2018
YouTube
Hey #FreedomFamily,

StormStrikerSX9

Knight of Gaming
Freedom! Member
Mar 1, 2014
Texas
YouTube
DragonKiller002
Will I be getting kicked out of Freedom Partnership and Freedom MCN itself after February 20th 2018? I've been Partnered with Freedom for 3 years now almost 4 this coming March. I only got 355 Subscribers but i do meet the 4000 hours watched. In all of 2017 i got 14,000 hours watched. What will happen?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Will I be getting kicked out of Freedom Partnership and Freedom MCN itself after February 20th 2018? I've been Partnered with Freedom for 3 years now almost 4 this coming March. I only got 355 Subscribers but i do meet the 4000 hours watched. In all of 2017 i got 14,000 hours watched. What will happen?
You will be removed from the MCN by YouTube but Freedom! Management is looking into keeping the network's services available to old partners.