YouTube Retention and Tag relevancy!

Louisse Subido

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2017
Philippines
YouTube
direklousubido
Here is a quick tip to get you constructed in YouTube's algorithm.

So I went through YouTube studio and as I care the most of where is my audience from and how did they found my videos or in general my channel.

The most reason that the algorithm has is because of suggested videos. What are those and how to have one.

The image on top is what are suggested videos are. How to get your videos on that side of YouTube is easy, first, is your title, write a compelling title that doesn't just attract viewers but what is your content all about.

Second, is thumbnail, why do i put up thumbnail here when the photo above does not show up any cool looking thumbnail. A thumbnail may be a custom one or not, thumbnail is part of your video's content relevancy.

Third, is description, sounds boring but writing the proper keywords inside your description is always a key to being found in the suggested videos or even search results for that matter.

Lastly, Tags, proper tagging and relevant tags are always the best tags also can be used as keyword search results and used in the algorithms suggested videos.

The blue box covers external resource which means my viewers sharing it outside of YouTube to their social media pages,groups,accounts, etc.

Meanwhile the Yellow shows YouTube search, mainly the use of relevant titles,descriptions and tags.

The green box is just other sources that are viewing my content or my old audiences.

I hope you find this post helpful, leave a like and reply to the thread if it helped you.

Reactions: Danny

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
You can use vidIQ, it can suggest relevant tags for you as well as have a videoscore card feature that provides metadata not available via analytics on any video you view.

Also, the order of tags can influence how much your video gets in terms of views, etc, so put more important and relevant tags first.

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Nice tip! I love it when people analyze the analytics part of the Creator Studio.

Some time ago, I was reading a thread in which a YouTube employee pointed out the comparison feature and demonstrated a use case for it. It blew my mind!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Here is a quick tip to get you constructed in YouTube's algorithm.

So I went through YouTube studio and as I care the most of where is my audience from and how did they found my videos or in general my channel.

The most reason that the algorithm has is because of suggested videos. What are those and how to have one.

The image on top is what are suggested videos are. How to get your videos on that side of YouTube is easy, first, is your title, write a compelling title that doesn't just attract viewers but what is your content all about.

Second, is thumbnail, why do i put up thumbnail here when the photo above does not show up any cool looking thumbnail. A thumbnail may be a custom one or not, thumbnail is part of your video's content relevancy.

Third, is description, sounds boring but writing the proper keywords inside your description is always a key to being found in the suggested videos or even search results for that matter.

Lastly, Tags, proper tagging and relevant tags are always the best tags also can be used as keyword search results and used in the algorithms suggested videos.

The blue box covers external resource which means my viewers sharing it outside of YouTube to their social media pages,groups,accounts, etc.

Meanwhile the Yellow shows YouTube search, mainly the use of relevant titles,descriptions and tags.

The green box is just other sources that are viewing my content or my old audiences.

I hope you find this post helpful, leave a like and reply to the thread if it helped you.
The analytics always is a good way to check how your audience finds your channel and what is interesting to know what to work or improve on. I check mine regularly :)

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
My "suggested video" only makes up 11% of my views? Is that bad? Also since my channel is really small even one view counts as quite a bit.