• Hodor!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Hodor! Hodor!

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
U

User.123120

Hey all,

So Youtube is at it again fixing problems and user concerns on their beloved website, and in the recent days Youtube have made another edition to the site, what could that be?

No, it's not they have sorted the demonstration issues, No it's not the algorithms and no it's not fixing the trending page! THEY MADE A NEW LAYOUT! YES!

You heard me right guys and gals, youtube have a new updated user interface and while it's no 2012 layout, it's going in the right direction, some members do not automatically have this feature just yet, but let me show you in a few easy steps how it can be obtained!

How to get the new Youtube layout!

1. Step one is to go to the bottom of the web page like in the example below and click on the "Test new features" link, see example

upload_2017-8-30_2-1-0.png

2. Once you click the button you will be taken to the page you see below and when you do just find the section with the title "Try out a fresh new look for Youtube" and then click "Try new Youtube".

upload_2017-8-30_2-0-6.png

3. Then it will show you a small preview where you just confirm you want to try the new style, don't worry you can switch back anytime you like.

upload_2017-8-30_2-3-24.png

Then you are done, you get to enjoy your new designed Youtube! What do you guys think do you like the new changes? What would you like to see implemented? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you all in another thread, or somewhere on the internet!

See you soon!

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-30_1-55-24.png
    upload_2017-8-30_1-55-24.png
    783.3 KB · Views: 5
  • upload_2017-8-30_1-56-55.png
    upload_2017-8-30_1-56-55.png
    891.4 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2017-8-30_1-58-18.png
    upload_2017-8-30_1-58-18.png
    270 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2017-8-30_1-58-55.png
    upload_2017-8-30_1-58-55.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 4

Chad Micah Johnson

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2017
Missouri
YouTube
YouTube always promotes channels that has 100,000 subscribers or more. they need to dedicate some days to promote the small channels (1,000 or less). I feel like the cards are stacked against those trying to make a move. I have seen channels that are awesome and get no exposure, then i have seen really bad channels who are always being pushed by YouTube.

As far as the new layout, I am not really big on it. I have to run through it to get a good feel for it.

Thank you.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Really wish they would stop messing with the layout. its FINE AS IT IS!!!! really how many people are complaining about it? compared to people complaining about not seeing content fro channels they are subscribed to and instead seeing non-related trending clickbait videos and NEWS of all things which I can get from like 100 other sources. Youtube is going to much into a social media platform like FB & Twitter. This site was made for sharing videos. I feel like its beginning to lose the plot a bit.​

Reactions: zeke morgan

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I also agree I think the last few layouts have been a bit pointless when they have so many other things they could look to improve that may help more creators, for example their rubbish restricted mode which filters out videos and doesn't have a main appeal process, instead it automatically reviewed if you make changes, again by the same system that originally classified it. So many channels / videos no longer show large amounts of content in restricted mode

JTube

New User
Sep 4, 2017
trust me,sometrimes ppl subscribe to the wrong JTube thinking its me[DOUBLEPOST=1504508156][/DOUBLEPOST]about that, you guys should go and check out my yt channel, and if you like the videos then subscribe JTube[DOUBLEPOST=1504508191][/DOUBLEPOST]new video out today at 2.30pm

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey all,

So Youtube is at it again fixing problems and user concerns on their beloved website, and in the recent days Youtube have made another edition to the site, what could that be?

No, it's not they have sorted the demonstration issues, No it's not the algorithms and no it's not fixing the trending page! THEY MADE A NEW LAYOUT! YES!

You heard me right guys and gals, youtube have a new updated user interface and while it's no 2012 layout, it's going in the right direction, some members do not automatically have this feature just yet, but let me show you in a few easy steps how it can be obtained!

How to get the new Youtube layout!

1. Step one is to go to the bottom of the web page like in the example below and click on the "Test new features" link, see example

View attachment 19371

2. Once you click the button you will be taken to the page you see below and when you do just find the section with the title "Try out a fresh new look for Youtube" and then click "Try new Youtube".

View attachment 19370

3. Then it will show you a small preview where you just confirm you want to try the new style, don't worry you can switch back anytime you like.

View attachment 19372

Then you are done, you get to enjoy your new designed Youtube! What do you guys think do you like the new changes? What would you like to see implemented? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you all in another thread, or somewhere on the internet!

See you soon!
Awesome! Thanks :)