Network Statement regarding the mass unlinking of channels.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Freedom! Family

We have noticed a massive increase of support requests regarding their channels being unlinked. (I mean a lot.) Today we would like to ensure that you understand what had happened, what would be the next step as a content creator and furthermore, if you are entitled to be reinvited to the partnership.

With YouTube's systems and regulations growing exponentially, our regulations must follow a similar pattern, this pattern was to remove all traces of spam and copyright content from the Freedom! system. When you apply and become partnered, we have built-in measures that review each channel, which also leaves us to continue spot checking in order to maintain the agreement between you, Freedom! and YouTube.

It was quite noticeable that users who had joined us was uploading content that did not suffice towards these agreements, therefore we needed to remove all people which did not follow the rules in hand, but that's not the bottom line. We created a system which would mark certain aspects of your channel which may cause concern. This was cross referenced from the extreme population of channels which were closed by YouTube's discretion.

The real problem was where our system was marking too hard than expected, where small mistakes on your channel weighted higher than it should have. We did not have enough time to fully process this system and reduce these bugs, as well as releasing it in time before YouTube takes action, but we do not want to use this as an excuse.

For anyone who was unlinked, continue reading:

If you were *wrongfully* unlinked, we apologize for any inconvenience and disruption this may have caused. Please Contact Support either at https://freedom.support.tm/hc/en-us/requests/new or via the email:
[email protected]

However some of you were unlinked for sensible reasons, which we would like you to read these pages to make sure the content you upload is acceptable and then after you make your changes, you may be accepted to apply.

YouTube TOS: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms
YouTube on Copyright: https://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/
YouTube on SPAM: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en

The official statement posted by Freedom! themselves can be found here:
https://pastebin.com/BaKjZjfE

Last edited:

Kresh

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 7, 2015
Venezuela
YouTube
so It mean that we will kick out for any single thing that happen to our channel due to that system
I have a few video and one of those have a ID Claim music, Normaly this is nothing important right ?
but I think I was kick out because of it ?

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
@Kresh
The official reason why you were kicked out is unknown.
A small Content ID claim isn't a major deal, however the new, untested system probably marked that as a higher threat, therefore leading your channel to be queued for removal from the partnership. The developers are shortly changing this so that small details such as a content ID isn't marked as heavily.

For some channels, like yours, this may be a mistake, and therefore contacting support will be the best decision, using the links above. As long as the use of the music in question is acceptable and follows all the rules between Freedom! and YouTube, you should be fine.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Yea, I and I think many other imagined it was the 10,000 views thingy Youtube recently put out kicking the channels, but at-least its not that :). for the time being just make extra careful with your channels until the problem gets fixed fully.​

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
@Dev_J
Definitely, until it is confirmed as a working system, try to take a little more care with your uploads, however this should be sorted fairly soon. Anyone that was affected but feel like it was a mistake can contact support for assurance and possible re-partnership.

Regarding the 10k thing, are all old videos cleared from monetisation since it seems like my videos still have the monetisation symbol yet I don't have 10,000 views total?

ytlazzog

Freedom! Member
Oct 31, 2016
Belgium
YouTube
La_Flemm
My main channel (Lazzog) has been unlinked too :eek:
(Due to a claim by WMG)
So I decided to stop doing videos, and I contacted Canal+ (French Tv Producer)
And I'll soon work for them (More helpfull)
Bye Freedom o_O

Trippst3r

Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
ItsTrippst3r
Thank you for sharing some information about it. I contacted support days ago regarding the subject of being unlinked. I have a video or two with copyright claims just as @Kresh did, but this was said before to not be a problem as they were not counted as strikes. I hope the mass inconvenience is soon resolved.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Thanks for sharing it with everyone! Some people have been confused about the wording of it so let me summarize:

Freedom! has been unlinking people for the sake of clearing up channels that violated some policies that have passed the review phase. The reviews still are a relatively new system to try and not partner channels violating YouTube's ToS, Community Guidelines or Copyright in the first place to avoid trouble with YouTube shutting down the Network. Some people have been (and I think will still be) unlinked falsely and the statement wanted to especially tell them to ask support as they are the only people that can look into this.

Quick and easy:
Think of what you've done to justify the unlink and if you can't think of anything contact support and they'll look into it ;)

PS: Support has to deal with tons of requests currently, so make yours shine and get a quicker reply by adding a channel ID or link and a Dashboard ID found at http://freedom.tm/dashboard/profile in the first place so they won't have to ask for it. A screenshot of the YouTube features page also helps your ticket priority :)

Also I'm kinda salty that I now have a halfway completed thread in front of me... Well I'll have to see if I can rewrite it into something awesome

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
My issue is as of right now I haven't been partnered yet and as I have linked a new channel
If it's been more than a week, you have no strikes and a few public videos and monetisation shows up as enabled on your YouTube features page email [email protected] with a channel link and your Freedom Dashboard ID found at http://freedom.tm/dashboard/profile
Good news! After contacting support and awaiting their reply patiently, I have been able to get everything sorted out and I am officially a part of
Freedom! again! :)

Has anyone else been invited back to the network?
Glad to hear you got back in! Let's all take this as an example that you actually can get back in!

Reactions: Trippst3r

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
If it's been more than a week, you have no strikes and a few public videos and monetisation shows up as enabled on your YouTube features page email [email protected] with a channel link and your Freedom Dashboard ID found at http://freedom.tm/dashboard/profile
Glad to hear you got back in! Let's all take this as an example that you actually can get back in!
I actually did that last month and reply came that it would be resolved in 10 days and then after 2 weeks I again emailed saying that nothing changed then another reply came saying it will be resolved and now its been 8 days still I have "under review"

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I actually did that last month and reply came that it would be resolved in 10 days and then after 2 weeks I again emailed saying that nothing changed then another reply came saying it will be resolved and now its been 8 days still I have "under review"
Don't reply anymore and they'll do it. Worked for me...

Reactions: TheGaminCentral

bnex gaming

New User
May 26, 2016
YouTube
My channel have no strike and claims, but freedom kick me out and the support not answer me, sad

I use just some clips about event of csgo, but I never get one strike ou claims from them, and the music a get its from position music

Attachments

• af.png
    af.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: