Network Unlinked and See ya

Alkaline Martin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
Well as everyone has surely noticed a lot of people have been getting unlinked from Freedom.. and i was on my youtube dashboard just a few minutes ago and i see that my channel is now unlinked from Freedom.

Ok, now after that last part your prob thinking "oh no here comes another P'd off rant" and well my friends you'd be wrong :)

The reason i'm not freaking out or going on a "Freedom Sucks Rant" is simple

1. It's an issue, where as a fully grown adult man i can look at this and say "oh, here's an inconvenient situation, how can i deal with this"

2. I 100% do not think Freedom sucks.

The one thing i think does suck, is now i wont be able to use Position Music what on a side note is a great service.

Did i see this coming??? Honestly, yes i did. and not because my channels full of strikes (It's not fyi, i got 0 strikes) it was because im not what you would call Family Friendly, and this whole youtube family friendly agenda and the whole 10,000 views before getting paid thing well i kind of foresaw networks (not just freedom) would start doing what they are told by the youtube overlords lol.

I went onto my freedom dashboard and saw this message next to my channel name

"Give us a few days to check out your content, after which you'll get an invite or details of next steps."

well going by what other people have been saying in their own "unlinked" thread nothing is going to come of that apart from a "Bye Martin, don't let the door hit ya in the *** on the way out" type thing haha

I have already put in for the AdSense just waiting to get the approval email and i can go on from there. If by any chance Freedom decides to send a new invite so be it, but i'm no fool i've started other arrangements and if you are in this exact situation then.. do the same right away. because tbh you wont be getting that freedom invite and nor will i most likely. and i know fine well all i will recieve is some generic "concern over future content" stuff that in all fairness is a very crappy reason to unlink someone (you know for something they haven't even done) and if that's what i recieve, if i recieve anything at all then hell so be it.. because i know and they know the real reason and that will be, if freedom isnt getting anything from me then i can just get the **** out... but at the end of the day Freedom is a company and a company will do what they need to, to keep itself going. I get that.

I've been with freedom for almost 2 years now on this current channel and it kinda sucks but as stated, i get it freedom, i get it... i have zero "hatred" for freedom because why should there be any this is life, things change you just need to deal with it...

and i've met a number of people here in freedom that i am now friends with outside of this forum and will continue to be friends with them and even keep making videos and just flat out have fun with, nothing changes apart from the lil "Monitised By Freedom!" under my videos.

I will still be doing youtube, that wont stop i started before a network and ill continue after one..

This has turned into a long thread haha so i'll just finish off here, if you read all off this then awesome, i'll still linger around the forum after im gone (sob, sob, sniff, sniff lol)

So yeah...
Thank You
Goodbye
Peace & Love

Martin
\m/ (oo) \m/