What Agar.io Is

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
So alot of people have been playing this game, but not alot of people talk about what this game is...

Agar is a growing medium, or substrate as it's called, that scientist like people use to grow cultures of bacteria, viruses, mold, or fungi.

It's like a clearish jello they put in petri dishes, and the colonize whatever species of micro organism on it. They use it so they can separate and contain specific species of organism, and can store the organism for long periods of time.

So Agar.io is like the computer version agar, you are the fungus/bacteria/virus/whatever trying to grow and take over the substrate.

It's fun on a primordial level... lol

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
I guess that is some good info that you offered there, thank you.

However I myself still don't see really the...fun in playing the game. For someone who does not know what the game is like you explained, you are a colored dot trying to become big by eating other dots, and...that is it xD As much as people can bring the argument of ''oh, it is a simple concept, and so a lot more people can get grabbed into playing it'', it's just too simple of a concept for me, and I am not a competitive gamer at heart to begin with :p

reevside

Rising User
So alot of people have been playing this game, but not alot of people talk about what this game is...

Agar is a growing medium, or substrate as it's called, that scientist like people use to grow cultures of bacteria, viruses, mold, or fungi.

It's like a clearish jello they put in petri dishes, and the colonize whatever species of micro organism on it. They use it so they can separate and contain specific species of organism, and can store the organism for long periods of time.

So Agar.io is like the computer version agar, you are the fungus/bacteria/virus/whatever trying to grow and take over the substrate.

Thank you for the explanation man

Reactions: Hail Kira

Cold Ransom

Rising User
Oct 3, 2015
Georgia, United States
YouTube

This sounds freaking awesome man!!! I just got out of an AP Biology class, and we cultured a few Bacteria cultures that we selectively modified with different Genes like the P. Glow gene from Jellyfish and a few others that made them super bacteria--probably not our best idea. But we had a wonderful time in the process to say the least and this game sounds awesome!!! I haven't read all of the replies yet, so I don't know if there is a link to the game, but if not, PLEASE LINK IT! :D <3

Reactions: Hail Kira

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
This sounds freaking awesome man!!! I just got out of an AP Biology class, and we cultured a few Bacteria cultures that we selectively modified with different Genes like the P. Glow gene from Jellyfish and a few others that made them super bacteria--probably not our best idea. But we had a wonderful time in the process to say the least and this game sounds awesome!!! I haven't read all of the replies yet, so I don't know if there is a link to the game, but if not, PLEASE LINK IT! :D <3
Google play store (for android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miniclip.agar.io

Developers website http://www.miniclip.com/

I thought there was a way to play on a browser too... I'm not sure exactly, I was playing it on my phone...

The cool thing about is that because it's so simple you can play it online using your phone without using much data...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cold Ransom

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm

Thank you for this explanation! Seen a lot of people play it, but have had 0 clue what it was :)

Reactions: Cold Ransom