Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I'll take a look then ;)

So your banner is great, the logo looked a bit cut off to me though when placed in the round shape YouTube wants though. So I went into paint.net, added a few pixels around it and I think it looks a bit better now, that might just be me though:
before upload_2019-5-18_23-8-8.png after upload_2019-5-18_23-7-56.png

If I was to slightly adjust the position of it as well it would be better but I'm too lazy for that now and I have other things I really wanted to mention:

Your thumbnails. Oh boy.
So I played a game here which really helped me and might help you find out which thumbnails are good and which just are not.
So you know how a thumbnail is supposed to pop out when among others? Look at your videos page, then look away, then look at a point in the center of your screen and see which ones pop out.

upload_2019-5-18_23-12-56.png

If you were met with this image, which rectangle catches your eye first? Exactly, it isn't the gray ones. Your Minecraft thumbnails (Even though I really respect the consistent design of them) in the end are just gray and bland looking. Also there's way too much going on in them in too little space. I can however see how much time you put into properly creating thumbnails so keep that up!

Your Playlists are awesome across the board and it's amazing to see you even having organized your old videos into playlists so well. That said, I'd really love to know what this one's name is about:
upload_2019-5-18_23-30-46.png

I also have a word to say about your descriptions. You do write up something for each video and put it alongside an explanation of the series it's a part of but in the Minecraft series the custom per video part drowns in the series explanation. Here's one example, notice how the custom part of the description is in the middle of the text and would be hard to pick out:
upload_2019-5-18_23-38-33.png

My suggestion there would be something among the lines of In this video of Road to 100 I continue my stone shop. In Road to 100 I try to play 100 episodes in the same world. I hope you enjoy this video. Please like, subscribe and comment for more ideas. LET'S GO FOR 9 LIKES!!!!

In that you can see the series and what to expect at the first glance before getting more details.

Your channel links (Twitter, Freedom!, Facebook) look lazy without capitalization.

Going to those links reveals a dead Facebook page that hasn't been updated since March and a Twitter account that is nothing but a second video feed. A Twitter account is boring if it's nothing but YouTube Links. You can share some stuff before and after the video maybe to populate it.

I hope I was able to help a bit in the two hours it took me to look through your channel ;)

ninjajou10

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 2, 2015
Latvia
YouTube
ninjajou10
I'll take a look then ;)

So your banner is great, the logo looked a bit cut off to me though when placed in the round shape YouTube wants though. So I went into paint.net, added a few pixels around it and I think it looks a bit better now, that might just be me though:
before View attachment 20430 after View attachment 20429

If I was to slightly adjust the position of it as well it would be better but I'm too lazy for that now and I have other things I really wanted to mention:

Your thumbnails. Oh boy.
So I played a game here which really helped me and might help you find out which thumbnails are good and which just are not.
So you know how a thumbnail is supposed to pop out when among others? Look at your videos page, then look away, then look at a point in the center of your screen and see which ones pop out.

View attachment 20431

If you were met with this image, which rectangle catches your eye first? Exactly, it isn't the gray ones. Your Minecraft thumbnails (Even though I really respect the consistent design of them) in the end are just gray and bland looking. Also there's way too much going on in them in too little space. I can however see how much time you put into properly creating thumbnails so keep that up!

Your Playlists are awesome across the board and it's amazing to see you even having organized your old videos into playlists so well. That said, I'd really love to know what this one's name is about:
View attachment 20432

I also have a word to say about your descriptions. You do write up something for each video and put it alongside an explanation of the series it's a part of but in the Minecraft series the custom per video part drowns in the series explanation. Here's one example, notice how the custom part of the description is in the middle of the text and would be hard to pick out:
View attachment 20433

My suggestion there would be something among the lines of In this video of Road to 100 I continue my stone shop. In Road to 100 I try to play 100 episodes in the same world. I hope you enjoy this video. Please like, subscribe and comment for more ideas. LET'S GO FOR 9 LIKES!!!!

In that you can see the series and what to expect at the first glance before getting more details.

Your channel links (Twitter, Freedom!, Facebook) look lazy without capitalization.

Going to those links reveals a dead Facebook page that hasn't been updated since March and a Twitter account that is nothing but a second video feed. A Twitter account is boring if it's nothing but YouTube Links. You can share some stuff before and after the video maybe to populate it.

I hope I was able to help a bit in the two hours it took me to look through your channel ;)
Thank you so much! Didn't think that someone would go this in depth but it was really great. I'll defentely see what i can improve!

Freedom! Nero

Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2017
I'll take a look then ;)

before View attachment 20430 after View attachment 20429

Your thumbnails. Oh boy.

View attachment 20431

View attachment 20432

View attachment 20433

Good job with the review! Two thumbs up!

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Banner's decent but could use some clearer/sharper text. Also, you may want to work on your thumbnails. They're not that good looking. I would suggest using PhotoPea or PhotoShop and learning some basics like text manipulation, image composition, etc. I have an example thumbnail of what you can do with some PhotoShop magic.

Attachments

• botw5.png
    botw5.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

KnightHunter Studios

Creating films since 2011
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
A couple of things we would like to comment on:

So the overall amount of content is great! You have a really good sense of what your channel stands for and that comes across in the videos as well!
However, maybe try and produce some more content on a more regular basis? Almost to a schedule? Depending on the content of you channel of course, but a standard sort of upload schedule helps viewers and subscribers get attached to your channel - they will know when new content will usually be out!

In addition to this, you have a really great header and logo and there are some thematic similarities between each of course. However, maybe you could experiment with your thumbnails having a more thematic pattern design?

Just a couple of suggestions but keep up the great work nonetheless!

ninjajou10

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 2, 2015
Latvia
YouTube
ninjajou10
A couple of things we would like to comment on:

So the overall amount of content is great! You have a really good sense of what your channel stands for and that comes across in the videos as well!
However, maybe try and produce some more content on a more regular basis? Almost to a schedule? Depending on the content of you channel of course, but a standard sort of upload schedule helps viewers and subscribers get attached to your channel - they will know when new content will usually be out!

In addition to this, you have a really great header and logo and there are some thematic similarities between each of course. However, maybe you could experiment with your thumbnails having a more thematic pattern design?

Just a couple of suggestions but keep up the great work nonetheless!
for august i have a summer job so i dont have a lot of time to edit and upload more videos but thanks for the review!
I'll see if i can make a schedule