YouTube You can be on the Trending page?!

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
its hard to hit that 1k sub base tho i have been at youtube for just over 4 years now, my content improved and everything but still only at 700 subs im not moaning im happy i even made it this far to be honest but with them setting it at 1k and even then its only possable to get on that new tab as jord stated not only do you need 1k subs but you also need
viewcount, watchtime and subscriber growth

whitch is even harder to achive

its nice to see they are gonna try help smaller channels but its still gonna be really hard to get tat view count,watch time and subscriber growth

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I am more on the opinion any small YouTube regardless of subscriber count 10 to 5,000 need as much help as they can get.
To be honest I don`t like the fact they have a set number of 1,000 subscribers to qualify as the vast majority of Youtubers are under 500, under 100 <<<< most of there content they produce are better then guys with hundreds of thousands subscribers.

On a side note at least YouTube are trying to give the small channels a brake an opportunity
Problem with that is that small channels are a dime a dozen, and there are far too many of them to get an algorithm to push up one or two of them into the top rankings of the trending page. By setting a relatively high lower limit compared to the vast majority of existing YouTube channels, then it enables them to be able to generate a method of selection that fails fewer times.

Joe Obv

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 2, 2016
YouTube
I think the biggest thing is there are so many dead Youtube channels that arent used anymore, if YouTube used a random matrix to pull some usernames they could end up pulling accounts that are inactive now.