YouTube YouTube coming to a TV near YOU!

U

User.123120

That's right!

Google and Comcast have been in talks with each other and struck a deal and the cable company’s X1 set-top box is soon to be given full access to the Youtube application, all the content from Youtube will be integrated along with some other on-demand content! Happy Customers!

It's another great step for youtube and it's no surprise, today most of us will rather take the time to sit down and watch something that we enjoy on Youtube rather than going to watch the TV, which you don't even have to limit yourself too! Youtube is also used for other categories such as "How to" and "Educational" so Youtube is not only for entertainment purposes, it's for even more which in return opens the platform for even more viewership and watch time!

Billion hours of videos are watched!
Did you know that around a billion hours of videos are watched every single day, to put that into an easier concept to grab, to sit and watch that much content would take around 100,000 years even without the bee movie memes, users upload 400 hours of video each minute or 65 years of video a day!

With that goal hit for Youtube, this is what resulted in the new aim for youtube which was "watch time", this, of course, means what YouTube wants the creators and programmers to focus on most. Or, more importantly, if you want to be as successful as possible on YouTube you had better make Watch Time your #1 priority and this also looks good on paper to advertisers!

Youtube Red
Youtube is finally being took as a more serious platform thanks to the feature of Youtube Red which is Youtube's own subscription competing with services like Netflix, Hulu and Apple Tv. YouTube launched its YouTube Red subscription service in October 2015 for $10 per month. The service offers streaming of ad-free videos and music and allows subscribers to watch videos offline. Thanks to Youtube's vast selection of content creators and their own subscribers and the original content helps the streaming provider strengthen its brand and drive viewing hours.

Becuase of these Youtube has been able to expand into even more, Youtube has even been reported to be in talks with Walt Disney Company to stream a bundle of channels from Disney networks!

No more 30-second ADS!
In Youtube's(google) bid to keep it fresh and entertaining, they announced that it will be removing 30-second unskippable adverts from YouTube at the end of 2017. While at first, it may seem a bit confusing to why they would remove the most common use of an advertisement on the site and something we all usually skip, but the removal of this could have its Pro's!

Most of the time brands would use the 30-second advertisements because they already have that footage from the tv advertisements laying around so it's now pushing advertisers to make something specific for the platform, for example, think of an advertisement that acknowledges that you're going to press skip. Google have even created a guide to help advertisers format their ads if you are interested here is the link!

Though YouTube will continue to promote its new six-second format and 20-second ads (both unskippable), it’s likely to be more beneficial for brands to create ads with the skip button still in mind.

The best online Advert

A great example of advertisers adjusting and working with content creators is in the recent Academy Awards!
Check out Samsungs new advertisement below

Samsung is no stranger to advertisements, making big budget videos but instead of going for a big budget advertisement Samsung put the spotlight on YouTube creators(Casey Neistat) who have a massive audience, but who only have a smartphone and tiny budgets to capture their videos.

Also because of this Casey Neistat even made his own video which in return gives Samsung more views for less, but this could be only a few of the benefits of working with such content creators. See the video below for Casey Neistat's version/vlog that was uploaded on his own channel

Youtube.TV!
Wow, so Youtube (Google) have announced Youtube.tv. Youtube have now stepped into the tv competitive scene. Just $35 a month gets you six accounts and access to live TV from more than 40 providers including the big broadcast networks, ESPN, regional sports networks and dozens of popular cable networks. Subscriptions include cloud DVR with unlimited storage, AI-powered search and personalization, and access to YouTube Red programming.

According to Youtube, they have been working on this project for about two years! They struck there the first partner in October when CBS signed on for the skinny bundle. The company won’t say when the service launches but says you can expect it in the US in the “coming weeks and months.”

So what do you guys think! It would be great to here from the Freedom Family!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Great article, interesting to see where youtube is going as a platform. its a shame google hasn't decided to get rid of unskipable ads as a whole as from what I've seen only the creators interested in the money really use them. Its also nice to see youtube seen as a tv style entertainment which it is really as more and more are not watching tv because of its more or less endless entertainment. While i still don't agree with youtube red I guess some people like a subscription paywall for quality content.​

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
In Youtube's(google) bid to keep it fresh and entertaining, they announced that it will be removing 30-second unskippable adverts from YouTube at the end of 2017.

This sounds good, forcing ads to get their information out in a shorter time. I think they should really get rid of the pop up ads that you have to x out of. I don't think I've ever taken notice of them just close them as soon as they come up.

Reactions: User.123120

Original Gamesters

Freedom! Member
Aug 13, 2016
Canada
www.ogtv.ca
YouTube
Ogtv1up
No ads, no money, no fancy gear, suffering quality, diminishing motivation, diminishing quality of content... nuff said. When I watch vids I let the ads run and leave the pop-ups up for a bit unless I am just giving a requested review for someone. The ads are the bread and butter.