YouTube Youtube Kids has arrived, on smart TV's

U

User.123120

Hello, all!

So Youtube Kids is coming to Smart TV's!

unnamed.png

I know what you're thinking, "What's is it?" Well, Youtube's own description is "YouTube Kids gives your family an easy way to watch their favorite programs or explore anything that captures their imagination. It's free, simple to use and full of family-friendly videos." In other words, it's a feature Youtube created for kids to be viewed on multiple devices and with child-friendly content which gets filtered!

In other news, Google announced today that the Kids application is coming to Smart TV's! Specifically, the app will come to the following TVs: all 2015-2017 LG webOS TVs (via the LG content store); all 2013-2017 Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray players (via the Samsung App Store); and, following a firmware update, 2016-2017 Sony TVs (with the exception of Android TV, which is coming soon). Good news for parents!

Good old Pocoyo, did you know the Narrator is voiced by the one and only Stephen Fry?! Well, now you do!

images.jpg

The goal with YouTube Kids is to offer a window into the more appropriate, educational and entertaining content to younger children without the mature content we all know!

With that being said if you offer content to a younger audience it a good time to go through and polish all your videos just to make sure you don't miss out on being featured on a big old TV, the Youtube algorithms will play a big part in what is and isn't featured in the app, so be sure to get some likes and views also!

The more you know!
Do you let your children use the app? Do you have brothers or sisters that use the app?
Let us know in the comments! :D

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
While I don't know any young children these days (as we've all grown up) it is nice to see this coming around. That is as long as they can improve the filtering to be more accurate. I've seen whole channels restricted when they have nothing that isn't appropriate for younger people, no swearing and all.​

Reactions: User.123120
U

User.123120

While I don't know any young children these days (as we've all grown up) it is nice to see this coming around. That is as long as they can improve the filtering to be more accurate. I've seen whole channels restricted when they have nothing that isn't appropriate for younger people, no swearing and all.​
Yeah, they've improved a lot over time with the whole filtering bad things xD I always like to see Youtube expanding :)