Tips & Tricks YouTube Tips For New YouTubers

The Rubin

Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2017
UK
YouTube
TheRubinYT
There are many ways to grow on YouTube. You can upload pretty much anything on YouTube. But do not upload inappropriate content,

YouTube Tips:
- Make your videos longer than 5 minutes as much as possible
- Upload consistently (at least 2 videos per week)
- Use the YouTube SEO/Tags tool (VidIQ helps with this)
- Make a YouTube Timetable and upload on those days
- Work hard on the About page and in your Description in Upload Defaults (click here to be sent there)
- Entertain your viewers, don't make the video boring
- Don't do Sub4Sub, that completely kills your channel
- Include your fan base in videos at least once every week
- Post out on social media whenever you're going to record videos to build up the hype
- Don't self-promote on people's videos or streams, it annoys everyone. It can get you inactive subs.

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Some counter-arguments:
"Make your videos longer than 5 minutes as much as possible"
This can vary depending on the kind of videos. Vlogs, hiatus announcements/updates/etc, twitch clips/highlights, etc are acceptable to being five minutes or so and are even sometimes recommended to be five minutes in length.

"Upload consistently (at least 2 videos per week)"
As much as I would agree on this, you can also sometimes get away with less frequent uploads, especially if your content being worked on is lengthier and more substantial, such as reviews, video essays, etc.

"Post out on social media whenever you're going to record videos to build up the hype"
This can depend as well. Some people may not have a very large following on Facebook or Twitter and so it may not be beneficial to their time given the possible small userbase they may have on those sites and it would be better spent putting more effort and priority into video editing and production.

Reactions: The Rubin

The Rubin

Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2017
UK
YouTube
TheRubinYT
Some counter-arguments:
"Make your videos longer than 5 minutes as much as possible"
This can vary depending on the kind of videos. Vlogs, hiatus announcements/updates/etc, twitch clips/highlights, etc are acceptable to being five minutes or so and are even sometimes recommended to be five minutes in length.

"Upload consistently (at least 2 videos per week)"
As much as I would agree on this, you can also sometimes get away with less frequent uploads, especially if your content being worked on is lengthier and more substantial, such as reviews, video essays, etc.

"Post out on social media whenever you're going to record videos to build up the hype"
This can depend as well. Some people may not have a very large following on Facebook or Twitter and so it may not be beneficial to their time given the possible small userbase they may have on those sites and it would be better spent putting more effort and priority into video editing and production.

I said "as much as possible" because not all videos will hit 5 minutes or longer, like a few of mine.

Yes, longer videos will take longer to produce, but people can still post them in 2 videos per week, etc.

My Twitter doesn't get a lot of impressions for a 100 follower account, but it still gets link clicks, and therefore I still post on Twitter whenever I post videos.

Der Sky

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nice tips!
I have also one tip for your channel :) You must use thumbnails - clicked on your channel and i dont saw thumbnails in your lastest videos.
I think you can generate more clicks and maybe then more subscribers (audience) if you would use thumbnails ;)

The Rubin

Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2017
UK
YouTube
TheRubinYT
Nice tips!
I have also one tip for your channel :) You must use thumbnails - clicked on your channel and i dont saw thumbnails in your lastest videos.
I think you can generate more clicks and maybe then more subscribers (audience) if you would use thumbnails ;)

Yeah I know about thumbnails, but I haven't had enough time to do them recently.