Aquaria Achievement - Dethroned King Jelly

No comments have been found at this time

Details

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:34 PM
Posted by Fluffy
About 80% of King Jelly's eye is shielded by a thick membrane, leaving only a small portion exposed - hitting this exposed region is what damages King Jelly. The membrane rotates slowly at first, speeds up when King Jelly takes damage, then eventually slows back down.

Periodically, King Jelly spawns a number of little jellies. If not kept in check, they can absorb some of your fire, as well as overwhelm you.

Also, King Jelly will occasionally fire 3 lines of lightning - first rotating clockwise, then counterclockwise. This is a good time to get into Beast Form, charge, and nom on as many little jellies as you can before returning to Energy Form to resume damaging King Jelly.

King Jelly can be a bit tough, so eat healing food items if you need to. (This attempt on King Jelly actually went far better than my test run, where I had to eat quite a bit.)

If you're careful with your aiming, timing, and number of little jellies currently active, you can probably also get another Steam Achievement, here ("Combo Eater: Devour 6 creatues in a row.").

Steam Achievement: Dethroned King Jelly - Defeat the King Jelly.

Disclaimer: I do not own, or claim to own, any part of the displayed content - the art, music, etc...was all created by, and is owned/copyrighted by, the independent developers over at Bit Blot - the creators of Aquaria. I have no affiliation/association, or claim to have any affiliation/association with BitBlot. I am nothing more than a customer who purchased Aquaria on Steam, played it, loved it, enjoyed it, and wanted to post a play-though for Aquaria.
0     0     729