Aquaria Achievement - Speed Racer

No comments have been found at this time

Details

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:34 PM
Posted by Fluffy
Ho boy, this was a fun one. First off, I recommend getting Fish Form, Spirit Form, and 3+ Divine Soups (for the +2 speed boost for 20 seconds). I've read claims of being able to do this with Beast Form, though I've never done it personally, so I can't confirm. Fish Form isn't hard to get (nor do you have to go too far out of your way to get it, assuming you're following a walkthrough...like mine. :p), and is very fast.

Get a time of under 1-minute-thirty-seconds to get the Arnassi Armor (another costume that is listed under Naija's treasures) - averaging 30 seconds per lap. Get a score of under one minute (averaging 20 seconds per lap) for the Speed Racer Steam achievement.

Sing the song notes on the rock to begin the race. Once it starts, get into fish form, nom on a Divine Soup, and start booking it. At the top, as you pass over the first mushroom, get into Spirit Form (time stops while in this form, buying you a few valuable seconds per lap) and swim for the blue crystal. Once there, click the crystal, then get back into Fish form, and keep on going. At the bottom, as you pass the checkpoint, get into Spirit Form again, and go for the crystal on the ceiling. Refresh Divine Soups as needed.

My previous best score was 58 - this is what I got the achievement with. In this video, I knock out getting the Arnassi Armor and the criteria for the achievement in one shot, as well as whooping my old score by 6 seconds. I make some mistakes - getting caught on terrain, being a bit late with Spirit Form transitions, bonking into a spiky fish...If you avoid these things, getting a score of 48 (or maybe even less) is probably possible.

Steam Achievement: Speed Racer - Beat the Arnassi race in less than a minute.

Disclaimer: I do not own, or claim to own, any part of the displayed content - the art, music, etc...was all created by, and is owned/copyrighted by, the independent developers over at Bit Blot - the creators of Aquaria. I have no affiliation/association, or claim to have any affiliation/association with BitBlot. I am nothing more than a customer who purchased Aquaria on Steam, played it, loved it, enjoyed it, and wanted to post a play-though for Aquaria.
0     0     965