No comments have been found at this time

Details

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:34 PM
Posted by Fluffy
I said I'd show a good farming spot for (some) cooking ingredients when I got to the area - and here it is!

Although the large open area surrounding Naija's home has a large number of fish (for basic Fish Meats and Fish Oils), what I love about this area is that it is just outside the Sun Temple. Kill what you want, enter the Sun Temple, exit, and bam - respawns! :D

Not only that, but there are a trio of sharks - with a decent drop rate of Shark Fins. A tad south are a sizable number of crabs for Crab Meats, and further down (and back to the left) are the Starfish, which can drop Small Eyes (although the drop rate isn't the best, and they take a good number of shots to kill - there are better places to farm for Eyes). Also down below, are a few Squiddy (the squid creatures that circle you, firing blots of ink that can impair your vision if they make contact) - these can drop Rubbery Meats and Small Tentacles.

As you notice in the video, you don't have to go chasing after the ingredients if they are close - you can hold "r" to spin Naija, and create a small vortex which draws ingredients to you. Good for farming - and some puzzle-solving, as you'll see in a later video.

Some of the basic cooking recipes you can make with these ingredients are:

- Hot Soup: 1x meat (any) + 1x oil (any)
- Hearty Soup: 1x Hot Soup + 1x meat (any)
- Shark Fin Soup: 1x Hearty Soup + 1x Shark Fin

When farming elsewhere to pick up an abundance of Plant Leaves, you can make:

- Veggie Soup: 1x Hot Soup + 1x Plant Leaf

Tl;dr: enter the Sun Temple and exit to get respawns - best for basic Fish Meats, Fish Oils, and a fast supply of Shark Fins. Down below, a fair chance at Crab Meats, Rubbery Meats and Small Tentacles - minor chance at Small Eyes.

Disclaimer: I do not own, or claim to own, any part of the displayed content - the art, music, etc...was all created by, and is owned/copyrighted by, the independent developers over at Bit Blot - the creators of Aquaria. I have no affiliation/association, or claim to have any affiliation/association with BitBlot. I am nothing more than a customer who purchased Aquaria on Steam, played it, loved it, enjoyed it, and wanted to post a play-though for Aquaria.
0     0     762